Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

papa murphy pizza in egg

curious as to see if anyone ever cooked a papa murphy pizza on the egg? 

Comments

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    I did, but they come out same in my oven at 425. Bought a house from the gal that owns 2 Papa Murphy’s franchises.  I had realtor put in the contract “one free pizza a week for a year”. That was in August, so we get one every Friday night, and I make them in the oven.  Save the lump for special cooks!
  • Burntend
    Burntend Posts: 20
    I did, but they come out same in my oven at 425. Bought a house from the gal that owns 2 Papa Murphy’s franchises.  I had realtor put in the contract “one free pizza a week for a year”. That was in August, so we get one every Friday night, and I make them in the oven.  Save the lump for special cooks!
    Nobody gives a shvt that your crown achievement in life is buying a house from a papa Murphy dealer we have all heard it before you ranting old lunatic.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 917
    Brilliant pizza move. I got a window caulked from the people that I bought my house from.  Looking back I should have asked for a pizza a week for a year, and used one of them as caulking.

Wait, I bought my.house from a gal that owns two caulking franchises. Suddenly, it all makes sense ...
  • littlerascal56
    Burntend said:
    Nobody gives a shvt that your crown achievement in life is buying a house from a papa Murphy dealer we have all heard it before you ranting old lunatic.
    But it’s a 5184 sq ft Modern Farmhouse with a chefs kitchen and professional appliances! So I can cook multiple Papa Murphy’s pizzas at same time Carry….  Dumba$$ troll.
  • Burntend
    Probably the best thing to come out of that chef’s kitchen too, dumbass. Weird flex. 
  • littlerascal56
    edited June 2022
    Burntend said:
    Probably the best thing to come out of that chef’s kitchen too, dumbass. Weird flex. 
    Carey-you drinking again?  Sounds like the Evan Williams talking?  
    Need to spend more time with Bridget and less time on the forum.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Not sure where you live, but before I switched back to making my own crusts and pizzas I would egg both a Pappa Murphy and a Nick & Willys pizza every other week. With coupons both pizzas cost me about the same. Even in the worst of the worst cold months when instead I would bake them in my oven they aways turned out the same, as they did on my BGE...PM was a bit greasy and the N&W was just crappy! But...hey...you have to make trade offs in life when things call for ease...huh?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Get you a pizza stone and go indirect at 450 for whatever time.  I’d slide the pizza off the little plastic tray and directly onto the stone midway through the cook.  You will love it.
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Burntend
     *yawn* you make this too easy. Let’sgolittlepean!
  • littlerascal56
    Lets go BRANDON!
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    My mom once won a year supply of chilupas from Taco Bell from the radio. The gave her 365 coupons. Those were good times 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    RyanStl said:
    My mom once won a year supply of chilupas from Taco Bell from the radio. The gave her 365 coupons. Those were good times 
    Wait, they were just free?  She didn’t have to buy a house?
  • curious as to see if anyone ever cooked a papa murphy pizza on the egg? 
    It’s a thing for sure. Lots of posts on here and it was kind of a staple of eggfests back in the day (you know’ like mid-2000’s). The bar at most fests have been raised quite a bit in the last decade so I would be surprised to see it out there now. Now they are more like if Iron Chef and Guy Fieri had a baby. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I did, but they come out same in my oven at 425. Bought a house from the gal that owns 2 Papa Murphy’s franchises.  I had realtor put in the contract “one free pizza a week for a year”. That was in August, so we get one every Friday night, and I make them in the oven.  Save the lump for special cooks!
    I bet the gal laughed her tail off when her realtor explained that some dumbfock was willing to massively overpay for the house if she just threw in a bunch of free pizza.  
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    When my oldest turned 16, she got a job at the local Papa Murphy's.  The kids would "occasionally" make a "mistake" toward the end of the evening.  They brought the mistakes home.  Friday night was "Papa Murphy on the egg" night.  It was a lot cheaper than buying a house.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • RyanStl said:
    What she saved on chalupas, she spent on toilet paper. 
  • Legume
    edited June 2022
    Langner91 said:
    When my oldest turned 16, she got a job at the local Papa Murphy's.  The kids would "occasionally" make a "mistake" toward the end of the evening.  They brought the mistakes home.  Friday night was "Papa Murphy on the egg" night.  It was a lot cheaper than buying a house.

This does strike me as infinitely smarter.  Kid works, kid gets paid, free pizza.  

You have to use what god gave you and some people just don’t figure as well as others.  Always a shocker when they turn around and brag on it though.
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Burntend said:
    Who's troll account is this ?  I LOVE the fact he put pizza in his housing purchase contract!!
  • littlerascal56
    stv8r said:
    Burntend said:
    Who's troll account is this ?  I LOVE the fact he put pizza in his housing purchase contract!!
    It’s Nola’s (Carry) troll account. Notice he doesn’t post on his regular account during the time frame he is troll posting. And he and John are the only two that monitor the forum 24/7.  I mean every single minute.  Nothing gets by them without a troll reply.
  • littlerascal56
    edited June 2022
  • Good God Man!  I can diagnose that andropause from all the way down here in GA.  There has to be a mens health clinic on every corner in Hays.  Get that low-T taken care of, clean those pipes out and quit being a grumpy old man.  It’s not your fault, it’s pretty common at your age.

A few more vegetables wouldn’t hurt.
  • This is awesome 

• You might want to sit this one out, Champ. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    littlerascal56 said:
    It’s Nola’s (Carry) troll account. Notice he doesn’t post on his regular account during the time frame he is troll posting. And he and John are the only two that monitor the forum 24/7.  I mean every single minute.  Nothing gets by them without a troll reply.
    Would you mind posting the code/app that tells you this?  Or do you just do the same thing, to conclude that?  And how many hours?  Anxious to hear your reply.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch said:
    littlerascal56 said:
    Would you mind posting the code/app that tells you this?  Or do you just do the same thing, to conclude that?  And how many hours?  Anxious to hear your reply.  

He has NSA/HSA clearance and computer access, Botch. Duh. 
  • littlerascal56
    edited June 2022
    This place should be renamed to “Big Green Troll Forum”.  There are more trolls than real members! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    stv8r said:
    Burntend said:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    First the warriors and now this?  Great Sunday, I may just take tomorrow off.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    stv8r said:
    Burntend said:
    Absolutely true. They don’t let any of the usual idiots go unanswered. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.