Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

papa murphy pizza in egg

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options

That looks pretty good to me, except for the fact that there are too many vegetables.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    Options
    asparagus from... you guessed it, if you can endure it for a month in the spring it will be on the menu again next year.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Ive been making a killer white sauce to mix it up a bit. 

1 Cup heavy cream
       1/2 stick of butter
       2 TB cream cheese
      1/3 Cup fresh parm
       a few cloves of garlic minced.

I did that a week or so ago with chives and seared chicken strips..
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options

Did you peel your asparagus?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Ive been making a killer white sauce to mix it up a bit. 

1 Cup heavy cream
       1/2 stick of butter
       2 TB cream cheese
      1/3 Cup fresh parm
       a few cloves of garlic minced.

I did that a week or so ago with chives and seared chicken strips..
    I like it.  This is one of the better “white pies” I made, and the sauce is similar.  Topped with bacon and mushrooms.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    HeavyG said:

when they start getting close to 1/2 inch in diameter dont pick or buy them, its kind of like buying bacon, turn it over and see whats actually in the bunch
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Never heard of peeling asparagus @HeavyG is that a thing?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    HeavyG said:

when they start getting close to 1/2 inch in diameter dont pick or buy them, its kind of like buying bacon, turn it over and see whats actually in the bunch
    I have one plant that has massive shoots, not sure what happened there but I should dig it up and replace it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I’ve never had a big rim like that @JohnInCarolina I can’t help myself and always stretch to the max and get 17-19” pizzas, more NY style
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I’ve never had a big rim like that @JohnInCarolina I can’t help myself and always stretch to the max and get 17-19” pizzas, more NY style
    I like the NY style too.  It’s fun to try different styles out and play around.  
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Looks killer btw @JohnInCarolina
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Never heard of peeling asparagus @HeavyG is that a thing?
    Yes, when you get thick ones, a quick shave with a veg peeler on that thick outer bit helps tremendously.
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hadn’t had Papa Murphy’s in a while and all this PM and pizza talk got me wanting one. Went online to place an order, as they are on my way home, and they were CLOSED due to shortage issues. I’m guessing not only pizza making supplies but also lack of employees. Drove by just to make sure and yep, not a light on in the place. Frustrating. Specially on a Friday evening. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    bbracey21 said:
    Hadn’t had Papa Murphy’s in a while and all this PM and pizza talk got me wanting one. Went online to place an order, as they are on my way home, and they were CLOSED due to shortage issues. I’m guessing not only pizza making supplies but also lack of employees. Drove by just to make sure and yep, not a light on in the place. Frustrating. Specially on a Friday evening. 
    Just like I mention above, Pizza Hut was using Door Dash as Pizza Hut doesn't have delivery drivers. It's hard to be in the pizza game right now.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    WeberWho said:
     It's hard to be in the pizza game right now.
    But, but... the Profit Margin!   :o 

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    bbracey21 said:
    Just like I mention above, Pizza Hut was using Door Dash as Pizza Hut doesn't have delivery drivers. It's hard to be in the pizza game right now.
    If the drivers have to cover their own gas, no surprise no one wants to deliver 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I have one plant that has massive shoots, not sure what happened there but I should dig it up and replace it.

put in a patch 18 years ago and its petered out. the ones that pop up now are far and few and huge in diameter, worthless and biting ants have really taken over
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    HeavyG said:

put in a patch 18 years ago and its petered out. the ones that pop up now are far and few and huge in diameter, worthless and biting ants have really taken over
    Ours is about 6 years old, asparagus beetles get in there but so far so good. I cut it back in early spring and fertilizer with some mulch to hold back weeds.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Asparagus on pizza should be a crime.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    It isn't?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Punishable by death, do you propose?  Or is that not severe enough?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Punishable by death, do you propose?  Or is that not severe enough?
    Punishable by forced exile to Seattle.  I'm not a monster.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    @alaskanassasin

Ours is about 6 years old, asparagus beetles get in there but so far so good. I cut it back in early spring and fertilizer with some mulch to hold back weeds.

I wonder if asparagus beetles pee smells like mine after I eat asparagus, or if I ate asparagus beetles, would my pee smell like that? This is what keeps me up at night.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Man, I just read this thread for the first time.  There’s some real gold interspersed in here.  Bravo, trolls! Bravo!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options
    Alice Waters disagrees.
    Howzabout asparagus on quiche ok or would one be forced to move to Seattle.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I’m wondering how Seattle is any sort of punishment.  Way better than living in the damn desert.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Acn said:
    I’m wondering how Seattle is any sort of punishment.  Way better than living in the damn desert.
    It started off as San Francisco before the edit.  It’s the “liberal city” trope that’s going around right wing media.  I guess you just have to use your imagination - it must be horrible.  
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Acn said:
    Like I said, I'm not a monster.  I just figure that sounds like a city were asparagii aficionados would live.  A town full of flanel and Subarus.

@nolaegghead I have certain tropes to keep up.  It is a requirement per my talking points email.  I had originally chosen San Francisco, but decided they might try to add asparagus to the San Francisco treat, and that would be a travesty, but asparagus and fish go well together.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    Man, I just read this thread for the first time.  There’s some real gold interspersed in here.  Bravo, trolls! Bravo!

I should point out that I'm not a troll. I have questions about asparagus, that doesn't make me a troll. If that was the case, only the people that questioned asparagus would be called a troll and you'd have to wonder what a world full of people that looked at asparagus, and didn't have at least a single question would be like?

I know a lot of physicists are looking at the coffee stain thing and the dreaded wobbling muon, but I want solid data on the american asparagus. I must admit to wanting this for my own good, when I question asparagus, no matter what I think it did, I want all the facts up front so that I can try and tell when it's lying.

Question Asparagus.. that was my point.