Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

papa murphy pizza in egg

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    Legume said:
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:
    I never saw the appeal of Papa Murphy's. They cost as much as a pizza baked for you, but you have to cook yourself like a frozen pizza. I'll go with Pizza Hut or Digiorno's.  Now if I got it for free, sure.
    The $10 deal on Tuesdays is great - large pizza with up to 5 toppings.  I can't make one for that price.
    These days $10 is a great deal.
    I wonder what their cost on that is if they can sell for $10.
    I was thinking about the same this morning.  I am pretty sure I could make one for quite a bit less than $10, on a per-pizza basis.  But I haven't bothered to do the calculation to figure out what it would be.  

I doubt that $10 pie is an actual loss leader for Papa Murphy's.  
    I’ll bet their food cost is sub $5 but then have labor, etc.
    For those who are curious: Food cost on a $10 PM pie is $2. PM has 80% gross margin on food cost (which is astronomical). They have 15% operating margin (after all expenses) which is also fantastic. 2nd only behind Dominoes and twice as good as Papa John’s and Pizza Hut. 
    I mean, that's great info but how does it make this thread more entertaining?

No idea, but it does make feel really smart for ‘negotiating’ a 12 month home warranty on my last home purchase.  I wonder what the margin on that is?
    So you bought a house and all you got was a home warranty?

No pizza?

No, I got the house too.
    In New Orleans?
    Duh, that’s where my ISP is.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited June 2022
    Options
    My BIL owned a Godfathers for decades.  He told me he would stock up on literally tons of mozzarella when it was cheap.  Had a giant walk in freezer.   Cheese is the most expensive food cost.  But centex is right, pizza food cost is among the lowest in the industry.
    all these guys had better be stocking up on flour or your $10 PM pizza is going to $20 in the next few months. Cheese cost is going to look quaint once the global shock of 30% of the world's wheat supply being off market hits due to Putin's dirty little war. Can't wait to see the "all new 100% cheese crust pizza"! hit in the next few months. They are going to be pimping gluten free crust like you have never see ha ha. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Legume said:
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:
    I never saw the appeal of Papa Murphy's. They cost as much as a pizza baked for you, but you have to cook yourself like a frozen pizza. I'll go with Pizza Hut or Digiorno's.  Now if I got it for free, sure.
    The $10 deal on Tuesdays is great - large pizza with up to 5 toppings.  I can't make one for that price.
    I was thinking about the same this morning.  I am pretty sure I could make one for quite a bit less than $10, on a per-pizza basis.  But I haven't bothered to do the calculation to figure out what it would be.  

For those who are curious: Food cost on a $10 PM pie is $2. PM has 80% gross margin on food cost (which is astronomical). They have 15% operating margin (after all expenses) which is also fantastic. 2nd only behind Dominoes and twice as good as Papa John’s and Pizza Hut. 

No idea, but it does make feel really smart for ‘negotiating’ a 12 month home warranty on my last home purchase.  I wonder what the margin on that is?

No pizza?

No, I got the house too.
    In New Orleans?
    This might blow your mind, but....maybe the troll is the troll master, and you are all led to think that it's in New Orleans....

Options
    I can't wait for the real troll to forget which browser session he/she is posting in and we all find that he/she has been arguing with him/herself in order to build "cred" on this political BBQ forum.

Pro-Tip:  Chicks dig Papa Murphy's heart-shaped pizzas for Valentine's day.  Just make sure you pick them up early so she can get them baked in time for supper! 
    Clinton, Iowa
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    I can't wait for the real troll to forget which browser session he/she is posting in and we all find that he/she has been arguing with him/herself in order to build "cred" on this political BBQ forum.

Pro-Tip:  Chicks dig Papa Murphy's heart-shaped pizzas for Valentine's day.  Just make sure you pick them up early so she can get them baked in time for supper! 
    Is that the pie with the hole in the middle?   Whoops, I thought I was logged in as pigbeanus

Options
    Langner91 said:

We all know chicks dig candle lit Taco Bell. My poor wife....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    A group here at work ordered Pizza Hut this afternoon. Delivery ran about a half hour late. The reason? They didn't have any delivery drivers. Pizza Hut was waiting on Door Dash. Strange times we live in....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    My BIL owned a Godfathers for decades.  He told me he would stock up on literally tons of mozzarella when it was cheap.  Had a giant walk in freezer.   Cheese is the most expensive food cost.  But centex is right, pizza food cost is among the lowest in the industry.
    all these guys had better be stocking up on flour or your $10 PM pizza is going to $20 in the next few months. Cheese cost is going to look quaint once the global shock of 30% of the world's wheat supply being off market hits due to Putin's dirty little war. Can't wait to see the "all new 100% cheese crust pizza"! hit in the next few months. They are going to be pimping gluten free crust like you have never see ha ha. 
    Hmm, maybe that is why places have been trying out cauliflower crusts.  I heard one guy say that the Chinese cauliflower cartels may be the main group pushing Putin's invasion.  Wouldn't surprise me at all.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:

No pizza?

I'd rather have the pizza. Those home warranties are scams.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Langner91 said:

They love it when you bring that heart shaped pizza home for them to cook.  No work required when you get Pizza Hut's.
  • Tip2Tip
    Tip2Tip Posts: 100
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    Langner91 said:

They love it when you bring that heart shaped pizza home for them to cook.  No work required when you get Pizza Hut's.
    100 percent.  They don't even need to get fully dressed.

California
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    "The China Cauliflower Cartel" WBAGNFARB.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    Talking about candles has anyone on the forum bought a vagina smelling candle?
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Google it it is apparently a thing😂
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Must be a Goop or whatever whatshername calls the company.  I figure that scent can go one of two ways….
    Options
    Yes. At a garage sale. Why do you ask?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    My Birthday is coming up and my wife asked what I wanted 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Ok. Just be careful if you go the garage sale route. These were long tapered candles that were supposed to be Christmas scented. But I smelled them when I got home and they smelled like va-va to me. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    Options

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:
    Ok. Just be careful if you go the garage sale route. These were long tapered candles that were supposed to be Christmas scented. But I smelled them when I got home and they smelled like va-va to me. 
    I'm Dead
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    This is why you really do have to read all of the threads on this forum.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options

dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:
    Pro tip:  if the candles are bent, they're usually the ones you're looking for.

Options
    I feel like some of you are crossing vagina streams.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    This thread has evolved in an unexpected way! 😂🤣

Options
    paqman said:
    This thread has devolved in an unexpected way! 😂🤣

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    It is almost Friday…
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited June 2022
    Options
    OMG-all fresh ingredients, and lots of 3-cheese blend.  Can’t buy the ingredients for what these pies cost.  Hell I might buy a franchise knowing the profit margin on these pizzas.  And low overheads (no freezers or ovens allowed).  They sell a TON of these, especially on a Friday night. And $12 Tuesdays!
    Try one…pop in a 425 oven for 12-16 minutes, or on your BGE or pellet grill, and you will be hooked!
  • dmchicago
    Options
    Bump. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    OMG-all fresh ingredients, and lots of 3-cheese blend.  Can’t buy the ingredients for what these pies cost.  Hell I might buy a franchise knowing the profit margin on these pizzas.  And low overheads (no freezers or ovens allowed).  They sell a TON of these, especially on a Friday night.  And $12 Tuesdays!
    Not sure why I still even got this, but I have one of those plastic key ring things for at least 8 years now showing "I'm a Papa's Pal" and when I show it (though some times I just have to say that) and I automatically get $2 knocked off my order!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.