Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

papa murphy pizza in egg

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    I don't understand this sophomoric bickering. Can't certain parties take the high ground. It ruins these legit threads.
    These things gotta happen every five weeks or so, ten weeks. Helps to get rid of the bad blood. Been ten weeks since the last one. You know, you gotta stop them at the beginning. Like they should have stopped Hitler at Munich, they should never let him get away with that, they was just asking for trouble.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    Papa Murphy’s is fine on the egg. When I get that frozen pizza jones though I like to go Totino’s in the oven.  Classic thread guys!  ;-)

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    Just clicked on this thread, better late than never  B)
    canuckland
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    What do you think?
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina sometimes you gotta go to the mattresses.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    What do you think?
    No papa murphy here, so can’t comment on that. Otoh, entertainment is worth the price of admission.
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    What do you think?
    No papa murphy here, so can’t comment on that. Otoh, entertainment is worth the price of admission.

What is the price of admission?  Cost of egg and all associated with it?  Is that more or less than the cost of 52 papa Murphy pizzas?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina sometimes you gotta go to the mattresses.  

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Cen-Tex…all of a sudden I got this “dejavu” feeling from your post.  You sound 100% like Johns posts.  Not close, but EXACTLY word for word!  Uncanny use of words for a Texan for sure.  Almost like a college professor would use. Down right creepy.  I have 1575 posts in 7 years, with dozens of food/cook pictures, tables, smokers, etc. You evidently are not smart enough to view them?  Can’t help you with that…use Google search.

So do all your posts originate from an ISP provider in Durham NC and not TX? Wondering minds want to know!
     Just caught up on this thread.  I must say.  It is rather entertaining.  But wait.  I think he called us all from Texas stupid.  I mean I could be wrong, but I'm not sure what "uncanny use of words for a Texan for sure" means.  We just all stupid hicks?
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Legume
    Options
    Yeah, he’s had the unintentional irony turned up to 11 lately.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited June 2022
    Options
    When your avatar is a hat that with a political extremist inflammatory message, you are pretty much an implicit troll.
    Options
    @nolaegghead
    [quote]I have thrown a bunch of Brisket Camps[/quote]

Uh...when's the next one?!

Actually, I would rather have recipes on some good dishes from Louisiana.
    I will make an effort to post some of our favorite Louisiana recipes.  SWMBO has lived here her whole life and has collected recipes since she was in grade school.

Brisket camp is mid Oct and all are welcome, and it's free.

@nolaegghead
    [quote]I have thrown a bunch of Brisket Camps[/quote]

Uh...when's the next one?!

Actually, I would rather have recipes on some good dishes from Louisiana.
    I will make an effort to post some of our favorite Louisiana recipes.  SWMBO has lived here her whole life and has collected recipes since she was in grade school.

Brisket camp is mid Oct and all are welcome, and it's free.

THanks! If you don't want to post any, feel free to send them via PM.
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    I never saw the appeal of Papa Murphy's. They cost as much as a pizza baked for you, but you have to cook yourself like a frozen pizza. I'll go with Pizza Hut or Digiorno's.  Now if I got it for free, sure.
    The $10 deal on Tuesdays is great - large pizza with up to 5 toppings.  I can't make one for that price.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:
    I never saw the appeal of Papa Murphy's. They cost as much as a pizza baked for you, but you have to cook yourself like a frozen pizza. I'll go with Pizza Hut or Digiorno's.  Now if I got it for free, sure.
    The $10 deal on Tuesdays is great - large pizza with up to 5 toppings.  I can't make one for that price.
    These days $10 is a great deal.
  • Legume
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:
    I wonder what their cost on that is if they can sell for $10.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:
    I was thinking about the same this morning.  I am pretty sure I could make one for quite a bit less than $10, on a per-pizza basis.  But I haven't bothered to do the calculation to figure out what it would be.  

I doubt that $10 pie is an actual loss leader for Papa Murphy's.  
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options

My b-i-l buys one EVERY Tuesday and says unless you order ahead you have a long line of people ahead of you!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Legume
    Options
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:
    I was thinking about the same this morning.  I am pretty sure I could make one for quite a bit less than $10, on a per-pizza basis.  But I haven't bothered to do the calculation to figure out what it would be.  

I’ll bet their food cost is sub $5 but then have labor, etc.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:

For those who are curious: Food cost on a $10 PM pie is $2. PM has 80% gross margin on food cost (which is astronomical). They have 15% operating margin (after all expenses) which is also fantastic. 2nd only behind Dominoes and twice as good as Papa John’s and Pizza Hut. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:

For those who are curious: Food cost on a $10 PM pie is $2. PM has 80% gross margin on food cost (which is astronomical). They have 15% operating margin (after all expenses) which is also fantastic. 2nd only behind Dominoes and twice as good as Papa John’s and Pizza Hut. 
    I mean, that's great info but how does it make this thread more entertaining?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    no papa murhys here, going to rough it and pay the extra buck and get a cooked pizza for lunch. thinking extra pepperoni
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My BIL owned a Godfathers for decades.  He told me he would stock up on literally tons of mozzarella when it was cheap.  Had a giant walk in freezer.   Cheese is the most expensive food cost.  But centex is right, pizza food cost is among the lowest in the industry.
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:

No idea, but it does make feel really smart for ‘negotiating’ a 12 month home warranty on my last home purchase.  I wonder what the margin on that is?
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Legume said:
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:

No idea, but it does make feel really smart for ‘negotiating’ a 12 month home warranty on my last home purchase.  I wonder what the margin on that is?
    So you bought a house and all you got was a home warranty?

No pizza?

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:

• Legume
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:

No pizza?

No, I got the house too.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    QDude said:
    RyanStl said:

No pizza?

No, I got the house too.
    In New Orleans?