Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    good lord. Looks stupendous! Bravo.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @CPFC1905 - at the above rate even @JohnInCarolina may give the roofing deal a pass!
    As my good friend Mia would say-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2_vbou3kxE  
    Great cut and great cook!!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Still go to your childhood dentist eh?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Still go to your childhood dentist eh?
    Actually I was trying a pictorial juxtaposition of the whole Ed/JIC riff on English roofs and dentistry (or the perceived lack there of)
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

A few wings on the Ranger
    Love wings in under 30 min on the Ranger. Traeger foil liner for the drip tray? FWIW I used to line the tray with HDAF, not anymore,  just use it naked and remove caked drippings with a metal dough scraper. 
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Wooderson live fire is the most fun you can have when cooking.  Great cooks right there.  Enjoy the rest of the adventure.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Wooderson said:

We're camping so it's a 2-1-1 rack of spares with baked beans and pasta salad. All done at the camp site.   I sauced with some stuff we had in the camper and pulled together a great sauce.  Camp life
    Not enough likes on this one.  DUDE!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Wooderson
    Wooderson Posts: 354
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Wooderson live fire is the most fun you can have when cooking.  Great cooks right there.  Enjoy the rest of the adventure.  
    Couldn't agree with you more.   Something about a fire trumps an BGE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    texaswig : 

Dude…

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @ryantt - that looks incredible.  Glad she is still engaged and enjoying demonstrating her skills for those who get to enjoy the results.  
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2022
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Cheated on my XL. 

She knows you're a cheating SOB b/c she couldn't smell the smoke on your collar. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    @dbCooper gorgeous color on those babys.
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    Acn said:

Beef Suya with chopped salad and red beans.
    Oh man that looks great.  I have not heard of Beef Suya.  Do you have a recipe you recommend?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Acn said:

Beef Suya with chopped salad and red beans.
    Oh man that looks great.  I have not heard of Beef Suya.  Do you have a recipe you recommend?

Thanks!

This is what I used:

Except I used flank instead of flat iron, because we usually buy 4-6 flank steaks at a time from Costco and vac seal and freeze.  And I grilled rather than broiled.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD