Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @WeberWho - I need to plant some flowers then I will check all the boxes for your great work!  Wish I had a son who would self-initiate like that.  Very kind and I'm sure much appreciated.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - I need to plant some flowers then I will check all the boxes for your great work!  Wish I had a son who would self-initiate like that.  Very kind and I'm sure much appreciated.  
    Thanks for the kind words. I was really hoping to have a nice cleaned up egg with mates by the time they get home this evening. Unfortunately the mates don't line up correctly. Hopefully with some switching around with my BGE mates I'll still be able to get their mates figured out. I had to take their BGE band off for the clinch studs. So I figured I'd clean it while at it. Plus their other older nest has seen its better days. Once I get a handle figured out it should be a presentable grill without showing it's age too much. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    @WeberWho can you drill holes in the band or mates to make it work?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Pepper Cannon finally arrived. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    ColtsFan said:
    Pepper Cannon finally arrived. 

Got mine a few days ago too. Enjoy!
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    @WeberWho can you drill holes in the band or mates to make it work?
    @alaskanassasin

That was my first thought. Unfortunately the slot where the clinch stud would slide through isn't wide enough. If I were to expand the slot wider for the clinch stud, I wouldn't be able to get the clinch nut on the stud with the arms coming out at an angle.

Fortunately the custom shaped mates that I put on my small can be reshaped back to fit a large. So my small BGE will actually have fitted mates and my parents can have the ones I used on my small. 

So I switched out the right arm of my small BGE for the one that I was going to put on my parents that was too small. It works perfectly for my small BGE. The arm of the left is supposed to be for a large/XL but I custom formed them to fit the small. You can see the difference if you look behind the handle. The arm on the left goes further under the handle. So I'll switch arms over on our mates and it will be a win/win for the both of us. We will both now have correct fitted mates. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Wondering how I went to Austin for 3 days and yet didn't eat a single piece of bbq. Every place we tried has online ordering only and apparently books up weeks in advance. F you Covid F you right in the tinkle hole.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Watching a nice smoke haze sunset with three hound dogs and my lady...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • alaskanassasin
    Wondering how I went to Austin for 3 days and yet didn't eat a single piece of bbq. Every place we tried has online ordering only and apparently books up weeks in advance. F you Covid F you right in the tinkle hole.
    Why are they take out only? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited July 2021
    Why are they take out only? 
    The answer I received from most of them was for the safety of their employees and guests. Didn't even think to look into it beforehand as Texas has been back to "normal" for months. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• alaskanassasin
    Pop up thunderstorm about 3am, brisket for outlaws birthday being babysat by smobot. I ran out and covered the smobot, wrapped a sandwich bag on the servo. 7:11 this morning the alarm goes off brisket is at 190 and the controller is on manual mode pit temp 180. 
     Hopefully it will dry out and still function, I drug the finish out to 8 and FTC, banquet to follow at 12:30.
      On the positive side my crops just got a perfectly timed rain!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Edit: grill was at 280.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Yeah, we discovered that while we were there in May.  We still managed to get a really good meal at Terry Black's with @20stone and @The Cen-Tex Smoker

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    I'm hoping things get settled into some level of new normal where one can enjoy the brisket at the origin of the creation in the greater Austin area.  I am looking at a brisket bender toward the close of this calendar year.  Won't be as power-dense as my last trip in June 2019 but only because I have culled the targets.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    @GrateEggspectations - beautiful place!  Whereabouts was it?

As a bonus, the reflections off the water makes the pics work even if the forum posts them upside down!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • @GrateEggspectations - beautiful place!  Whereabouts was it?

As a bonus, the reflections off the water makes the pics work even if the forum posts them upside down!
    Thanks, John. We were in Denholm, Quebec, Canada. About an hour and a quarter due North from our house. Very tranquil. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Spent some time at a friend’s cottage.

Heaven on earth right there 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    Given that setting there may have been some exotics rolling on the back roads.  Beautiful place and pristine.  I'm sure you enjoyed.  
  • alaskanassasin
    Nailed the brisket, there was a request to exchange the thanksgiving turkey for brisket this fall.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Extending the legs on a portable motorcycle stand table to make it a bbq fest table.
    Starting to put some paint on the forklift
    Put drill press on a base.  No one here but me so used the forks to get it up der...
    Test piece for fractal and laser burning...put a bit of poly on to see how it looks.
    Nailed the brisket, there was a request to exchange the thanksgiving turkey for brisket this fall.
    I always cook a brisket on the Saturday or Sunday (event/schedule driven) after Thanksgiving as the post T'day turkey purge.  A welcome event every year.  Suitable compromise?? 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Put drillpress on a base.  No one here but me so used the forks to get it up der...

I'll be honest, Carey; that looks a bit top-heavy to me.  Hopefully the stand is not on casters (I'm still nervous about my Large in a nest...)  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• DFW
    DFW Posts: 208
    Fractal is a cool word.  Just say it. 
    Arlington, TX
  • nolaegghead
    normal height table now