Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,271
    Botch said:
    This week I took the Audi in to a detailer who corrected the paint, and then applied a professional ceramic coating.
    She's absolutely gorgeous, but the instructions are to not let it get wet now for ten days.  We just entered monsoon season, and I only have a carport.  We did have rain two nights ago, but that was the first since early spring.  Hmmm.   :|
    Sounds like someone needs to buy a tarp!

Bet it looks fantastic. I have a neighbour who recently refinished his ride from head to toe and it looks brand new. 
    I heard more like 7 days, but yeah, it's a real thing that it needs to stay dry for the polymerization to complete.

Rats! No garage and I had been considering paying someone to do this. That would also mean not driving for a week because it rains every freaking day around here.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Just rigged a lock for my exhaust fan door and fixed a massive oil leak on the valve cover gasket.
    Botch said:
    This week I took the Audi in to a detailer who corrected the paint, and then applied a professional ceramic coating.
    She's absolutely gorgeous, but the instructions are to not let it get wet now for ten days.  We just entered monsoon season, and I only have a carport.  We did have rain two nights ago, but that was the first since early spring.  Hmmm.   :|
    Sounds like someone needs to buy a tarp!

Bet it looks fantastic. I have a neighbour who recently refinished his ride from head to toe and it looks brand new. 
    I actually have a tarp, purchased when my (close) next-door neighbor moved his sprinkler line from against my driveway, to against his house, which then hit my vehicles (I can't blame him, it was otherwise hitting his house and windows).  just a 4' strip of grass in question.
    When I drove home with the tarp, he was playing with the sprinkler plumbing; started chatting, and he was installing a limiter to that line so it wouldn't get my vehicles wet.  So, SOO nice to have considerate neighbors!
    I've moved the garbage/recycling cans out of my carport, and parked the car as close to the wall as possible, and parked my truck to block any rain coming in from the south.  Strong south breeze, but the "isolated thunderstorm" weather watch has been canceled, and looks like we're clear for the next week.  Think I should be okay, we'll see.   

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Just got home from testifying in a Court Martial. That was different. 
    Brother Battleborn: I really appreciate it when you share what you dealt with today.  Thank you for doing what you do. We appreciate it.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    After 11 days and 10 nights I’m finally home from the hospital. Fellows if y’all never believe anything else that I ever say, you can believe this. Little Dorothy hit the nail on the head when she clicked those ruby slippers together and said there is no place like home. She was absolutely, positively, 100% right. 
    On a separate note, hope everyone is doing great out there in Eggdome. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,823
    SGH said:
    After 11 days and 10 nights I’m finally home from the hospital. 
    Anus overdose?

Just kidding my friend, glad to hear you’re doing well.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Anus overdose?
    I certainly wish that was the case  =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,368
    Prepping for an offshore trip with my son (6) and 2 of my nephews (8&10) tomorrow morning. Running about 50 miles out to go wrangle a limit of red snapper. Hopefully back at the dock by noontime
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    Botch said:
    How much did all that cost by the way ... I will probably do the same next year.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510

Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Mark_B_Good said:
    How much did all that cost by the way ... I will probably do the same next year.
    It was $950.  Guy who gave me the estimate said it was good I had a metalflake silver paint, it wouldn't require as much prep; he pointed to a black car he'd just finished and said that one cost over $2,000.  
    Sweet ride!  I do wish I'd gotten several estimates, think that would have been a good idea.  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    I had the sprinklers go off a few feet in front of me last night when playing left field. 

We switched to the other ball field and had the same thing happen 10 minutes later. Thanks city......

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,081
    @Botch - I don't know how many ceramic coating shops you have in your local area but there are not many in Louisville that do quality work.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch - I don't know how many ceramic coating shops you have in your local area but there are not many in Louisville that do quality work.  
    I was surprised, there were three here in Riverdale alone.  I was extremely happy with their work, they had the car 3 days, called when it was finished but they wanted to keep it overnight to let it set more; they did the wheels, glass, alum trim; tires were dressed, even scrubbed the inside glass to immaculate state.  

• nolaegghead

very nice.  TT RS?
    About to have lunch at the mall then go see a movie. While doing so I am enjoying their free 240v charging for my VW. A Volt and 2 Tesla Model Y’s have the same idea. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,823
    About to have lunch at the mall then go see a movie. While doing so I am enjoying their free 240v charging for my VW. A Volt and 2 Tesla Model Y’s have the same idea. 
    This is an aspect of EVs that’s kind of cool.  It makes sense all around.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    It's a great solution. My experience here is that there are frequently issues with broken chargers and ICE cars parked in the EV charging spots. Makes it less great.
  • nolaegghead
    Eoin said:
    It's a great solution. My experience here is that there are frequently issues with broken chargers and ICE cars parked in the EV charging spots. Makes it less great.
    The ICE car issue parked in EV charging stations could be solved by passing a law making it legal to fine them (provided there is not a current law), then putting cameras up and sending out hefty fines to the owner of record on those vehicles.  It will generate revenue and clear up charging stations. 

I should be a problem solver or something.

Actually, my job is to be "The Wolf".

You Sending The Wolf GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

An then along comes Harvey Keitel in his NSX...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgzFPOMjiC8  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Eoin said:
    The ICE car issue parked in EV charging stations could be solved by passing a law making it legal to fine them (provided there is not a current law), then putting cameras up and sending out hefty fines to the owner of record on those vehicles.  It will generate revenue and clear up charging stations. 

I should be a problem solver or something.

Joined up thinking required.
  • nolaegghead
    Pretty please, with sugar on top....
    And here I thought an ICE car belonged to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).  Was wondering how they were found in the UK.   B) 
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 838
    Smoke rolling, small packer about to go on my large.