Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,332
    Decontaminating from the day. Why, you ask. Well, the day started out by dealing with a young transient woman wearing a hospital gown that sh!t the largest amount of human feces that I have ever seen onto the sidewalk at a bus stop. I don’t think the collective collection of forum bedits could help that situation. The day ended nicely with another transient woman that was in the parking lot of a gas station, buck naked with exception of a trash bag skirt, refusing to put clothes on. It was hot, so I can see her aversion to clothing. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• PITA f*cked up fan.  Fixed now.
    I feel like your days are 60% fixing shlt, 30% cheffing it up and 18% crawfish boils.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,823
    Decontaminating from the day. Why, you ask. Well, the day started out by dealing with a young transient woman wearing a hospital gown that sh!t the largest amount of human feces that I have ever seen onto the sidewalk at a bus stop. I don’t think the collective collection of forum bedits could help that situation. The day ended nicely with another transient woman that was in the parking lot of a gas station, buck naked with exception of a trash bag skirt, refusing to put clothes on. It was hot, so I can see her aversion to clothing. 
    What happens in Vegas…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,528
    Watching the Open. It somehow doesn’t seem right to have 4 perfect weather days. Pulling for Louis Oosthuizen
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,681
    keener75 said:
    Gone fishing!
    Thats one Happy Fish
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,368
    Watching the Open. It somehow doesn’t seem right to have 4 perfect weather days. Pulling for Louis Oosthuizen
    Louis has a little competition at the top, some of the big names didn’t make the cut….others shouldn’t have made the cut. I hope Louis goes wire to wire, dude is on a roll lately
  • ColbyLang
    He’s falling apart! Morikowa gonna take it if Spieth doesn’t turn it on substantially  with 2 holes to go 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    @Stormbringer Great brisket cook right there.  You are really dialing it in.  Looks like a true banquet awaits.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,300
    Egg cleanup today. Have the large and XL packed with miscellaneous stones to burn off some gunk and mold. It’s been a wet summer here. Battling mold like never before

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    keener75 said:
    Gone fishing!
    Hat’s off, man. Beautiful fish. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,243
    Watching the US v Canada in the CONCACAF match.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • ColbyLang
    That looks phenomenal!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    Great cut and cook with that hunk of beef.  Nailed it.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    @ColbyLang @lousubcap
    SWMBO procured them (I have another in the freezer) without my knowledge from a butcher she has recently found.  I dare not look at the credit card bill, but she's a keeper alright.
    I could have eaten the whole thing with no accompaniments. In fact a few slices 'fell off' while I was doing the dishes.  It just tastes better the longer you leave it. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Traveling done, ball done for the season, kids activities wrapped up for the summer, so just relaxing after a swamped last 2 months.  Planning a brisket cook for next weekend for my first smoke in a couple months - correction - outside of making some bacon.  Hope you all are having a good summer. Took the kids camping a couple weeks ago, found a baby snapper on the road,  followed by an 8 day trip to see family that was a blast.  My son got to harvest his first wheat riding with my dad, pond fishing on the same pond I did growing up, ATV rides, 4-wheeler rides, and enough ice cream to last us a month.

Brought back some very fond memories for me. The summers doing all those things with my grandfather were priceless.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColbyLang
    Loathing the folks at GMC who decided to put my wife’s Acadia battery in the floor of the passenger side back seat…..$189 and some scraped knuckles later, all is well with the world
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    This morning I hopped into the pickup to drive around Ogden, my bi-monthly exercise to keep the battery charged up (I normally only use it in the winter).

When I slammed the door shut, I noticed a cloud of about 20 mud dauber wasps pour out of my external rear-view mirror, and I'm guessing they weren't very happy.  I re-aimed the mirror full left, right, top and bottom, twice, and more wasps came out (definitely  not happy), some came out kinda wobbly, and some just dropped to the ground.  

I drove around Ogden, and a few more crawled out, hanging on for dear life in the 45 mph breeze, and there were no more wasps when I got home (in the mirror).  I parked in the driveway, and there were quite a few angry ones zipping around the carport, I went thru my front door.  

So, what do I do now?  Normally I'd go out tomorrow morning just before the Sun comes up, and squish them all while its still cool.  This morning when I got up it was already 80 or so (our cool mountain mornings are history), so I'd like to use the Raid route, but I don't want to spray that stuff in behind my exterior mirror, and gum up the plastics and the servos (no issue spraying the wasps that sleep somewhere in my carport, I've already identified a  couple spots).  

Any suggestions?  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,046
    Cover the mirror with Saran Wrap, plastic baggie with rubber band or etc.  By the next time you drive it those inside will have died a slow painful death.  Those outside you don't get should hopefully have moved elsewhere.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,271
    @Botch, Ace Hardware or Tractor Supply should have wasp traps available. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2021
    I’ve had good luck sucking up sleepy wasps with a Shop Vac. Fill it half full with water and they will drown once sucked in. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    @Botch, Ace Hardware or Tractor Supply should have wasp traps available. 
    They do, but only for hornets or yellowjackets.  I still have two hanging in my carport.  They didn't seem to work on mud daubers.  
    Just once, about three years ago, I found a "refill" that included mud dauber wasps on their "kill" list (I haven't revisited a hardware store yet this year, on my list for tomorrow morning).  I'm also now remembering a weird optical "sticky strip" that caught just about everything, I'll keep my eye out for one of those too.  
    Thanks guys.  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 838
    If you have Amazon prime, they have BBQ with Franklin from PBS through the end of the month.  I’ve seen the brisket episode, but hadn’t seen the rest of the episodes.  Probably free on the internet elsewhere, but easy access on prime at the moment.  Episode on pit building that was educational for me when considering stick burners. I will note @WeberWho, the small stick burner he is using looks like it has a rather large diameter stack versus what I feel like I’ve seen on these small offsets.  He also emphasizes air flow which I think actually helps keep his temp lower?