Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    What a game if you're a Bucks fan. It's the most basketball I've watched in the last 10 years. Nice to see a couple new teams in the finals. Probably not so much for the NBA.

Glimmer of hope for the MN Timberwolves seeing a small team like the Bucks win the finals. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,739
    WeberWho said:
    What a game if you're a Bucks fan. It's the most basketball I've watched in the last 10 years. Nice to see a couple new teams in the finals. Probably not so much for the NBA.

Glimmer of hope for the MN Timberwolves seeing a small team like the Bucks win the finals. 
    I like your optimism, but hard to share it knowing the Wolves spent a first-round draft pick on Shabazz Muhammad in 2013 -- one spot ahead of Antetokounmpo. Don't even get me started on the Steph Curry debacle.

Unlike the mortal enemy Packers and Badgers, however, I couldn't be happier to see the Bucks pull this off. Congrats to them and their rapidly expanding fan base.
    Stillwater, MN
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996

I found this quote funny:

“Jeff Bezos wearing a cowboy hat is the final form of every suburbanite who drives an F150.” 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    My buddy wanted to borrow my truck because his father-in-law wanted to move some dirt or something that could soil his pristine F150 pickup bed.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,046
    Google "fractal wood burning", look at images.

That is cool stuff.  Did you get all four burn patterns from the shown probe placement or from multiple placements?  What did you use for a power supply?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624

creepy

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    dbCooper said:

That is cool stuff.  Did you get all four burn patterns from the shown probe placement or from multiple placements?  What did you use for a power supply?
    @dbCooper I get one burn pattern per electrode (nail or screw).  In the board above, I first put the probes in the 3 and 6 o'clock positions, then the 9 and 12.  Baking soda/water solution is brushed on the board. 

The power supply is a 10kv 30mA neon transformer.   I also have a microwave transformer which is around 2.4kv but dangerously high current, over an amp. 

From my reading, the microwave transformer is much faster and burns deeper, but you have to be extra cautious.  Getting zapped by the neon transformer is unpleasant, but getting zapped by the microwave transformer is lethal.

I would like to incorporate this into some wood projects.  I'm going to fill in the burns with epoxy resin with pigment, sand, finish. 

Yup, great choice of words, lol. As if that will make you friends ...
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • @sgh: Sending good wishes to your bro, to you and to your family. 

Looks delish, btw. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @sgh: Sending good wishes to your bro, to you and to your family. 

Thank you brother Grate. I really appreciate it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,300
    Reading the itinerary for this upcoming cook. KCBS sanctioned

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,046
    Wishing the best for your brother and you.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2021
    ColtsFan said:

What happens during the “quite time?”

You’ll no doubt have a great time. Please keep us informed with pics!
  • nolaegghead
    It's quite the right time to make lots of party noise.....
    ColtsFan said:

What happens during the “quite time?”

You’ll no doubt have a great time. Please keep us informed with pics!
    I’m sure 14 BBQ teams will have “quite the time” at midnight the night before a comp. 
    The BGE rep is pitching a tent and camping. My happy asz will be making the 15 minute drive home for the night. 😎
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,777
    DMW said:
    Brisket. 

@DMW, is that the XL with some CGS product?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    This week I took the Audi in to a detailer who corrected the paint, and then applied a professional ceramic coating.
    She's absolutely gorgeous, but the instructions are to not let it get wet now for ten days.  We just entered monsoon season, and I only have a carport.  We did have rain two nights ago, but that was the first since early spring.  Hmmm.   :|

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• nolaegghead
    Botch said:
    This week I took the Audi in to a detailer who corrected the paint, and then applied a professional ceramic coating.
    She's absolutely gorgeous, but the instructions are to not let it get wet now for ten days.  We just entered monsoon season, and I only have a carport.  We did have rain two nights ago, but that was the first since early spring.  Hmmm.   :|
    Maybe park it deep in a parking garage and take an uber or something home.

Water pump
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch said:
    Sounds like someone needs to buy a tarp!

Bet it looks fantastic. I have a neighbour who recently refinished his ride from head to toe and it looks brand new. 
  • nolaegghead
    Botch said:
    Sounds like someone needs to buy a tarp!

Bet it looks fantastic. I have a neighbour who recently refinished his ride from head to toe and it looks brand new. 
    I heard more like 7 days, but yeah, it's a real thing that it needs to stay dry for the polymerization to complete.

Just got home from testifying in a Court Martial. That was different. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 838
    Just got home from testifying in a Court Martial. That was different. 
    So you are saying  “what happened in Vegas” doesn’t always stay in Vegas?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    @DMW "It's a beaut Clark. It's a beaut." Great eats await.  Enjoy the cook.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.