Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• AcnAcn Posts: 4,193
    PigBeanUs said:

Sideways
    Shouldn't that be a pinot noir while you denigrate merlot?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 6,305
    Good news on the Canadian travel restrictions. I was thinking last night Branson and Bezos are going to outer space but we can't go to Canada.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

"It’s very possible I’m doing it all wrong, haven’t watched any videos, but I’m happy with the ones I make."
      - @Legume

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 9,638
    Damn, I missed Eggtoberfest 2020.
    canuckland
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 30,545
    lkapigian said:
    Cookoffs are finally getting going where I am, got entered into the first one for Sept 5th , Linda is not fond of that event as it is still quite hot here, I told her, No worries, we have a generator and portable cooler, she says " There is no place there to plug the generator into "

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

simple, buy a power inverter to run off the truck. she needs one, just dont plug it into the generator
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 9,418
    Are you sure?  Euro 2020 just ended a few days ago.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• EoinEoin Posts: 4,301
    Foghorn said:
    Are you sure?  Euro 2020 just ended a few days ago.  
    And the 2020 Olympics are about to start.
  • EzraBrooksEzraBrooks Posts: 332
    Wondering how I'm going to smoke a brisket made from beets when all the meat is gone.  lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/07/16/impossible-foods-pat-brown-interview/
  • SGHSGH Posts: 28,552
    Wondering how I'm going to smoke a brisket made from beets when all the meat is gone.  lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/07/16/impossible-foods-pat-brown-interview/
    That’s easy. You will simply smoke it on your windmill powered smoker. Problem solved 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,741
    edited July 2021

Never had the stuff but until it is indistinguishable from real meat and at the same price point or lower I won't be buying it. All the reviews I've read say it's obvious it's not real meat no matter how much they want you to think it is. I'm pretty sure that won't ever happen. There is zero way to make a friggin beet taste like wagyu beef. Sorry ain't gonna happen.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Bellavista52Bellavista52 Posts: 111

XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
    America!
    A sideways shot from the 4th- you can’t rush into these things. America!
  • AcnAcn Posts: 4,193
    It’s been a week…taking it easy tonight - finished the work day, went to the wine store and Popeyes.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 40,793
    Just made a metric ton of hummus, fresh pita. 
    @FarmingPhD - Great way to enjoy summer right there.  Definitely making life-long memories.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 9,433
    Maintenance Day

Visalia, CaLGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria- FatStack Smoker FS120 FatStack 600- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical SmokerInstagram @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 26,323
    About to get my workout on

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

@SGH - I’m guessing you probably consumed a few more calories than I burned #winning

• alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 6,305

Can you get the price is right on that thing?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

"It’s very possible I’m doing it all wrong, haven’t watched any videos, but I’m happy with the ones I make."
      - @Legume

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 9,418
    @SGH, you might add some 12 ounce curls to round out the workout.  You know, for total fitness.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

Can you get the price is right on that thing?

• Foghorn said:
    @SGH, you might add some 12 ounce curls to round out the workout.  You know, for total fitness.
    Problem is that they’re only 12oz on the first curl. 
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,741
    Put in some austin stone edging. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.