Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Found a sale on skinning knives and rectal hooks. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2021
    Texas has the chainsaw massacre, Mississippi has the rectal massacre.   Makes sense.
  • If you have Amazon prime, they have BBQ with Franklin from PBS through the end of the month.  I’ve seen the brisket episode, but hadn’t seen the rest of the episodes.  Probably free on the internet elsewhere, but easy access on prime at the moment.  Episode on pit building that was educational for me when considering stick burners. I will note @WeberWho, the small stick burner he is using looks like it has a rather large diameter stack versus what I feel like I’ve seen on these small offsets.  He also emphasizes air flow which I think actually helps keep his temp lower?
    They are on youtube. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,271
    Botch said:
    @Botch, Ace Hardware or Tractor Supply should have wasp traps available. 
    They do, but only for hornets or yellowjackets.  I still have two hanging in my carport.  They didn't seem to work on mud daubers.  
    Just once, about three years ago, I found a "refill" that included mud dauber wasps on their "kill" list (I haven't revisited a hardware store yet this year, on my list for tomorrow morning).  I'm also now remembering a weird optical "sticky strip" that caught just about everything, I'll keep my eye out for one of those too.  
    Thanks guys.  
    Look for something called Tanglefoot. It is a sticky clear gel. Wipe it on yellow solo cups and hang them near where the daubers fly. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,315
    Mud daubers are pretty harmless. I'd just leave them alone but if you wanted to get them out of your truck just take it for another drive and go thru one of those automated car washes. They'll get the message and go build a nest somewhere else.
    Or get your garden hose and stand back a few feet and send a stream of water into/around/behind the mirror.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Digging up a window well to see what the drainage situation is like. Hitting a lot of rock, which I’ve had some luck in breaking through with my shovel.

Prospect of a date night with wifey later keeps me going.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Been watching the Blue Origin flight this morning.  Interesting the launch gantry doesn't have an elevator, but rather 7 flights of stairs (and they make an 82-year-old climb them, but I guess she's amazingly fit).  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• nolaegghead
    Botch said:
    Been watching the Blue Origin flight this morning.  Interesting the launch gantry doesn't have an elevator, but rather 7 flights of stairs (and they make an 82-year-old climb them, but I guess she's amazingly fit).  
    Talk about first world problems....

Saving box turtles that were in the road and going to buy mower blades
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,368
    Just played 18 holes of golf….at Surge….indoor entertainment facility. TPC in Boston. Shot a 88. Gotta love a simulator when you got 4” of rain last night 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,568
    Digging up a window well to see what the drainage situation is like. Hitting a lot of rock, which I’ve had some luck in breaking through with my shovel.

Prospect of a date night with wifey later keeps me going.

looks dry
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• @alaskanassasin: Yup. Haven’t had much rain here (Ottawa) for a bit. Getting a real deluge now and overnight. Now just on the porch having a Kentucky Mule with wifey. 

• alaskanassasin
    @GrateEggspectations I don't know what you guys are burning up there but it has been hazy all day in southern Ohio.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Maybe it be Trudeau-tabaccy. They tell me it’s all the rage. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Maybe it be Trudeau-tabaccy. They tell me it’s all the rage. 

He does seem to be full of hot air.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,331
    Watching an emergency county commission meeting. Sounds like Vegas is following California and going to masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,300
    I spy

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,081
    Taking on Uber for a bogus ride cancellation charge.  Time will tell.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    @GrateEggspectations I don't know what you guys are burning up there but it has been hazy all day in southern Ohio.
    Saw on the news tonight that the western state fires smoke is very heavy as far as NYC.  Utard is entering its monsoon season, and the smoke's being pushed up and over us (hopefully bring us some rain, too).  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    ColtsFan said:
    I spy

Looks like a Carolina Wren.  I left the hatch open on my 4Runner for half a day and one of these had half a nest built. Same inside my gas grill after a week. They love to hide in unusual spots. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Botch said:
    Saw on the news tonight that the western state fires smoke is very heavy as far as NYC.  Utard is entering its monsoon season, and the smoke's being pushed up and over us (hopefully bring us some rain, too).  
    It is strange to have a smoke haze around here. There is a cold front moving in that should push it soon.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,681
    lousubcap said:
    Taking on Uber for a bogus ride cancellation charge.  Time will tell.  
    If you've noticed , the app now says ( in my area ) no cars available until you hit confirm, then they charge you no matter even if no cars are available or an hour away ...you are forced to confirm then cancel 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,823
    @WeberWho - damn!  Any closer and the players are practically sweating on you.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    @WeberWho - damn!  Any closer and the players are practically sweating on you.
    Yeah, I'm excited for them!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    Google "fractal wood burning", look at images.
    Google "fractal wood burning", look at images.
    Cool as ****!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,823

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike