Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• SonVolt said:
    Foghorn said:
    SonVolt said:
    braised lamb shank and grilled veal rolls stuffed with bread crumbs, pine nuts and pecorino. 
    @SonVolt, I'm pretty sure there is some kind of rule against dropping a description of something like that here without pics.  If there's not, there should be.

The veal rolls were really great. Tasted even better the next day served at room-temp while waiting on the egg to heat up. Served with braised lamb shank w/preserved lemons and polenta. 

mother of God that all looks good
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Botch said:
    Personal-Pan Artichoke Frittata:

This was a favorite breakfast when I was seeing What's-her-name, haven't made it in ten years or so.
    In a bowl, whisk together two eggs, a couple drops of Tabasco, pinch of oregano, a bit of minced onion and garlic, salt and pepper.  Then fold in two tablespoons shredded cheese, two Tblspns breadcrumbs, and about half a cup of chopped artichoke hearts.  
    Pour into a small buttered baking dish or ramekin, and top with grated Parmesan.  Bake at 350º for 25 minutes.  This is going into my regular breakfast rotation.   

Damn.  That looks great.
    NOLA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Botch said:
    Personal-Pan Artichoke Frittata:

This was a favorite breakfast when I was seeing What's-her-name, haven't made it in ten years or so.
    In a bowl, whisk together two eggs, a couple drops of Tabasco, pinch of oregano, a bit of minced onion and garlic, salt and pepper.  Then fold in two tablespoons shredded cheese, two Tblspns breadcrumbs, and about half a cup of chopped artichoke hearts.  
    Pour into a small buttered baking dish or ramekin, and top with grated Parmesan.  Bake at 350º for 25 minutes.  This is going into my regular breakfast rotation.   
    Stealing this. I made a frittata recently, and the fam loved it. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    the answer to "what do i do with the leftover vegetable dregs"
    breakfast: frittata
    lunch: fried rice
    dinner: order pizza
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • TTC said:
    Braised short rib. Mushroom risotto. I can’t do much better.
    Well... maybe you could rotate the pics?  ;)

Just kidding.  I would crush that.  It looks incredible.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Lol John, I am pictorial-ly challenged. Thanks for compliment. 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Leftover pulled pork version 0.1 - and yeah, I left a fork in the pic....... 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Griffin said:

Just some chicken and another Detroit pizza. 
    Keep the Detroit pizzas coming 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    TTC said:
    Lol John, I am pictorial-ly challenged. Thanks for compliment. 
    Sometimes it’s impossible to get the pictures straight even if I take the time to edit and rotate them first before uploading. Ahh well. Good eats!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    TTC said:
    Braised short rib. Mushroom risotto. I can’t do much better.
    I'd say that nobody can do much better.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Fork for the win😎
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @ryantt - I'm just guessing that the "we" was your chef in residence-Norah Grace.  However, you got there those look great.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    @lousubcap yep Norah Grace and I had a blast 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• caliking
    @Griffin - I absolutely love that rub on beef. The coriander in it, and the grind, does it for me. 

• caliking
    @ryantt - deets, please!

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    @caliking nothing to exciting. We sautéed some fresh jalapeños, tomatillos, garlic and ancho chills until they were soft. We separated it in to 2 parts and purred 1/2 of it.  Norah Grace then made blonde roux.   She took 1cup of chicken stock and 1/2cup puréed peppers and cooked it down adding 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1/4 cup of heavy cream.   In a pan we sautéed 1lb of shrimp with mole seasoning, fajita-ish and some hot bearded butcher (spicy season salt).  Once the shrimp was cooked she tossed in the remaining peppers and and then wrapped the mixture in tortillas.  This made 8 enchiladas...she topped with Jack cheese and baked at 350 for 20min, then broiled them on high for about 2min to get some good color.   Garnished with avocado, table cream and some habanero hot sauce.  

All in all it’s a new favorite. 

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824

It's always peas with you.
    NOLA

• Solid work, NOLA. In my books, chicken without some char is a travesty. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Solid work, NOLA. In my books, chicken without some char is a travesty. 
    The chicken was very good, probably looks more charred than it is because I coated with a Korean soybean curd (pure umami) at the get-go, then hit it with some key lime BBQ sauce.  Cooked indirect at 500F.

• Solid work, NOLA. In my books, chicken without some char is a travesty. 
    The chicken was very good, probably looks more charred than it is because I coated with a Korean soybean curd (pure umami) at the get-go, then hit it with some key lime BBQ sauce.  Cooked indirect at 500F.

You misread. I said that char looks great! 
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 288
    buzd504 said:

It's always peas with you.
    Peas in a cloud, FTW...anytime, anywhere, with anything.  Have a pic of a holiday feed, four generations eating peas in a cloud
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.