Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Canugghead That’s a good looking chicken. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    @SciAggie Thanks, don't use the Romertopf enough, it's foolproof for chicken. Can't use in egg though since it has to start in cold oven to avoid thermal shock.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    @Bucky925- the only figure I have read about that complains about too much garlic is Dracula.  Great cooks and the ribs, wings and shrimp look incredible.  
    You down-play 'em.  
    Glad you were able to roll -in last night.
    Stay healthy and safe out there-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina got a disagree for the pork tenderloin, fat finger or ? 
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Mattman3969 - rolling in hot right there.  Great finish-but your plating angle seems amiss to me  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Canugghead - as above, that is a sweet cook.  Way to bring it home.  I am quite sure it tasted even better than it looked.  
    BTW- Friday night Zoom's are still on.  You need to give us another GWN fix!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina got a disagree for the pork tenderloin, fat finger or ? 
    Who knows.  I don’t much care.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Simple snack, no photo, but a keeper.  
    I lined the solid broil pan in my Breville with aluminum foil, and spread out a dozen "Scoop" Tostitos.  Added a pinch of pre-shredded mexican cheese to each, set Mr. Breville to "Broil" for 90 seconds.  
    Meanwhile, laid 6 pickled jalapenos on my cutting board, and sliced them in half.  When the Breville Beeped, dozen scoops with darkened edges and a pool of melted cheese in each; set the Breville pan into the vented Breville pan (cool), dropped a half-jalapeno in each and I now have a new favorite night snack.  
    Prep time: 15 seconds
    Cooking time: 90 seconds

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Just a ribeye on the Mini and BP in the hotbox 

Great looking grub and on the mighty mini to boot 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Seared salmon with tomato, cilantro, and an avocado crema.  With Carolina gold rice and a Caesar salad.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
     lousubcap said:
    @Bucky925- the only figure I have read about that complains about too much garlic is Dracula.  Great cooks and the ribs, wings and shrimp look incredible.  
    You down-play 'em.  

As we discussed last night on zoom , there is a huge difference between store bought and homegrown garlic and I put WAY too much in the wing sauce . 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Canugghead
    Options
    @lousubcap chicken was moist even with thigh hitting 185, the lemon garlic herb and wine flavour came through nicely. Bummer...noticed a short hairline crack on the lid edge, disappointing because I always persoak and start in cold oven. 

I thought @GrateEggspectations and @paqman have been representing GWN at zoom since I retired  =)
    canuckland
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    @lousubcap chicken was moist even with thigh hitting 185, the lemon garlic herb and wine flavour came through nicely. Bummer...noticed a short hairline crack on the lid edge, disappointing because I always persoak and start in cold oven. 

I thought @GrateEggspectations and @paqman have been representing GWN at zoom since I retired  =)
    I had audio/video problems the last few times I tried to join 🤷‍♂️

Options
    @Canugghead - @GrateEggspectations runs submerged and undetected when it comes to the Friday Zoom's.  Door's always open.  
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    bucky925 said:
     lousubcap said:
    You down-play 'em.  

As we discussed last night on zoom , there is a huge difference between store bought and homegrown garlic and I put WAY too much in the wing sauce . 
    There's no such thing as way too much garlic...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Steaks last night. IT never read over 135 but they were grey all the way through like I took them to 160. Fark.

homemade Caesar dressing though was awesome.  
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @caliking Now that’s cool. I’m glad he thinks it’s fun. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @caliking, well done caliprince! just be careful when Pops blurs the line between Fun and child labour  =)
    canuckland
  • Acn
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliprince got a bee in his bonnet that he wanted to cook dinner last night. Friends gave him this book for his birthday, and he's been having a blast.

Says right on the cover that it’s for chefs, so I figured posting here would be appropriate. 

So he made broccoli cheddar soup. Garnished with homemade bacon, of unknown vintage. He did everything, except for the step that called for blitzing the hot stuff in the vitamix, and chopping up the bacon. It was delicious! 

@caliking - my apologies, I don’t remember how old caliprince is, but we got our daughter this opinel set when she was around 4.  Highly recommended.

https://www.opinel-usa.com/collections/opinel-kids-corner

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• caliking
    Options
    @Acn - He just turned 7. Thanks for the suggestion and link. He has a set of plastic chef knives, but it may be time to move up. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
  • caliking
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @caliking Now that’s cool. I’m glad he thinks it’s fun. 
    We had a grand time. Put on some tunes, Crystal Light (“pink drink”) for him, and “Papa juice” (wine) for me. The highlight of the last week we've had. 

• Acn
    Options
    caliking said:
    @Acn - He just turned 7. Thanks for the suggestion and link. He has a set of plastic chef knives, but it may be time to move up. 
    Cool, my wife corrected me, we didn’t start our daughter that young, she was probably 6.5-7 when we got that.  Time has no meaning anymore.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Options

French onion soup and bread on a cold Sunday.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD