Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Back home East of Biloxi. It looks like I didn't even lose power(this goes out on cable internet) but I might just start tossing everything in the fridge anyway. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Back home East of Biloxi. It looks like I didn't even lose power(this goes out on cable internet) but I might just start tossing everything in the fridge anyway. 
    It never even rained hard just this side of Biloxi. Not that I am complaining. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    EzraBrooks said:
    I love this forum.  Where else on the interwebs can you get a lesson in airport economics, learn how to cook a brisket, discuss proper shaving techniques, and get ripped a new one for your political beliefs all in one place?
    Amen!  Much thanks, @Boileregger; I did notice in the funding breakdown that half or so of the monies came from bonds, and user/owner fees making up most of the rest of it.  
    I'll remain a cynical old codger, however.   ;)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy - glad you got home safely. How did the metal roof do? Are your parents trying to get to your house? Hope it works out for them soon.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy I’m glad everything has worked out in your favor!

It’s been raining since last night and we didn’t  have anything set out for dinner so the wife called in a take out order from a local favorite. Alligator sauce piquante, red beans and rice with some cornbread.

LBGE
    AL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Late to acknowledge the learning opportunities with this forum that surface dang near every day.  The breadth and depth of skills the forum members present and readily offer is unparalleled.  
    Now (shameless plug) if you want to get far afield and deep into it, stop in and stay for a beverage or two on Friday night at the Community And Friday Night Foruming virtual watering hole.
    Link on page one of the thread and P/W will be provided via PM.  Doors open around 9 PM (EDT).  
    You will laugh a lot, learn stuff and just enjoy an evening where the conversation is incredibly free-flowing.  Check it out!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,116
    edited September 2020
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Just listed the Condo for sale. It’s been a busy couple of weeks 😂 As hot as the market is in Bloomington, I suspect it won’t last a week

As I predicted, 18 hours in and 1 offer 2k over list and another all cash offer coming soon according to realtor.
    Crazy times
    Now just gotta get it to appraise. 
    All cash offer shouldn't have appraisal contingency.  In our town appraisals have been lagging the market, so offers with best terms tend to win out.  The market is so strong for sellers.  Limited inventory, cheap money, and desirable area makes for hot times.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2020
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Just listed the Condo for sale. It’s been a busy couple of weeks 😂 As hot as the market is in Bloomington, I suspect it won’t last a week

As I predicted, 18 hours in and 1 offer 2k over list and another all cash offer coming soon according to realtor.
    Crazy times

guy next to me mentioned he was going to sell his camp at work, cash offer early morning the next day, it really is crazy right now
    Where is all the money coming from?  Isn't it insane that normally in the face of a pandemic and potential economic collapse, people would save their money because of the unknown?

NOT TODAY!
    Right now with super low rates real estate is a pretty solid place to stash money.  The stock market is crazy and the bond yields are so low, a lot of folks are keeping cash or buying real estate.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:

Crazy times

guy next to me mentioned he was going to sell his camp at work, cash offer early morning the next day, it really is crazy right now
    Where is all the money coming from?  Isn't it insane that normally in the face of a pandemic and potential economic collapse, people would save their money because of the unknown?

NOT TODAY!
    Right now with super low rates real estate is a pretty solid place to stash money.  The stock market is crazy and the bond yields are so low, a lot of folks are keeping cash or buying real estate.
    OK, I get it in terms of diversifying capital ... but WHERE is the money coming from .... is this all stashed cash of baby boomers?  My suspicion is that Millennials are racking up debt ... interest rate is cheap (right now).
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    WebEx seminar all today and to 3 tomorrow.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:

Crazy times

NOT TODAY!
    OK, I get it in terms of diversifying capital ... but WHERE is the money coming from .... is this all stashed cash of baby boomers?  My suspicion is that Millennials are racking up debt ... interest rate is cheap (right now).

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:

Crazy times

NOT TODAY!
    I do not know.  I suspect it is a combination of reallocation of investments, movement from big cities to rural areas (or at least the suburbs), and increased buying power due to low rates.  I do not think it is millenials, they said the rate of those under 30 living at home is higher than ever.

Add in low inventory and anything that comes up for sale moves quickly and for a good price.

In my area a few of the large builders doing tract homes have stopped new builds.  The price of materials are going up so fast and they are behind on builds from the lockdown they will not accept new contracts.  This is further impacting the inventory.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Yearly yard hole patching.  Squirrels bury their acorns and whatnot, which is no big deal, may even help with aeration of the soil.  Trouble comes from the hounds, who dig up the squirrel stash, leaving much bigger holes.  Small sample below, all told about 100 lbs of top soil and 5 lbs of seed.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Had never seen these at costco before
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lit said:
    Had never seen these at costco before
    Nice!  I heard about them being at some Costco's!  You lucked out.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Read a paper at work today that used “dialogued” as a verb.  I’m gonna need a couple glasses of wine to get over that ridiculousness.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Stuffed peppers (from Costco):

JIC, is that right out of the box at Costco? How are they? I love stuffed peppers and if someone else does all the work the better if they are good. LMK.
    Thanks
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Taco Chronicles volume 2 is on Netflix. I’m excited. I’m starting to think “Taco Camp” may need to be a thing. Making lots of different tacos and salsas the hardest way humanly possible.
    In
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options

JIC, is that right out of the box at Costco? How are they? I love stuffed peppers and if someone else does all the work the better if they are good. LMK.
    Thanks
    They are pretty solid as sold, I typically top with some marinara and a little mozzarella.
    Greensboro, NC
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Sausage gravy 
    Breakfast for me is almost always leftover protein from the egg tucked between a hamburger bun. Got a chance to cook a real one this morning. 
    man, that looks GOOOOOoooOOOOD!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just told my kids Santa cant come this year cause the virus.