Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Botch said:
    Make sure those boys carry insurance @botch
    We had connected via HomeAdvisor.com, do they not screen for that?  

My next-door neighbor just out-bid him, by quite a bit, for the remaining tree (with some nice additions) so I'll probably go that route, provided my other next-door neighbor agrees (and all 3 of us have been working together so far).  
    Oh, and a final detail!  The heat from the juniper fire bent the top pipe of my chain-link fence upwards, about 20 degrees.  The tree removers actually loosened the pipe clamps, rotated the bar 90 degrees, and retightened, so the fence looks perfectly straight from my porch.  That is just above and beyond!  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Cream brûlée?
  • @Botch yes they do. FWIW I was a home advisor vendor. To get in they check your insurance and do a background check but once you are approved I don’t think they ever asked for it again. If you have a big hairy tree in between or close to houses you can have their insurance company send you proof of coverage on your specific  property before they start. Commercial clients usually ask for that once a year or the occasional homeowner worry wort. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171

Great stance. Tell mom great job.😋
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Wings from last night, cornstarch/swamp venom dust in the fridge beforehand. 

• Working on a draft of a research proposal to the NIH on a center for advancing laser lithotripsy (my section is the computational modeling part).  I'm telling myself that I'm only working on a Sunday because I don't have a real job.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Working on a draft of a research proposal to the NIH on a center for advancing laser lithotripsy (my section is the computational modeling part).  I'm telling myself that I'm only working on a Sunday because I don't have a real job.  
    I try to tell myself that every Sunday I come to work
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,802
    Trying to squeeze a 2500 Mega Cab Ram into a stall a Sonic.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    Watching season 1, episode of BBC program "This Farming Life" on BritBox. Gorgeous scenery on farms in various Scottish locations. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Getting ready to go to yet another funeral. The last was the wife of my youngest uncle and this one is my oldest uncle. He was almost 94 so 31 years in age difference. She had her third round with cancer, he broke his neck in a wreck near the first of the year and the vertebrae never healed. I would imagine the funeral will be on Wednesday and it will be a two day trip. I need to drive my 90 and 86 year old parents. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited September 2020
    Working on a draft of a research proposal to the NIH on a center for advancing laser lithotripsy (my section is the computational modeling part).  I'm telling myself that I'm only working on a Sunday because I don't have a real job.  
    As the second lithotripsy patient in NC (26mm) I applaud your efforts and root for your success. The laser they used on me looked like a WWll antiaircraft gun. Oh and good luck on that search for a real job.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Cleaned this with soap and water and mashed up a
    bunch of garlic cloves in it. Says to leave overnight and clean up. Thinking I might mash a bunch of kosher salt in it as well. Any suggestions/ advice?
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Just listed the Condo for sale. It’s been a busy couple of weeks 😂 As hot as the market is in Bloomington, I suspect it won’t last a week

As I predicted, 18 hours in and 1 offer 2k over list and another all cash offer coming soon according to realtor.
    Crazy times

guy next to me mentioned he was going to sell his camp at work, cash offer early morning the next day, it really is crazy right now
    Where is all the money coming from?  Isn't it insane that normally in the face of a pandemic and potential economic collapse, people would save their money because of the unknown?

NOT TODAY!
    Right now with super low rates real estate is a pretty solid place to stash money.  The stock market is crazy and the bond yields are so low, a lot of folks are keeping cash or buying real estate.
    OK, I get it in terms of diversifying capital ... but WHERE is the money coming from .... is this all stashed cash of baby boomers?  My suspicion is that Millennials are racking up debt ... interest rate is cheap (right now).
    Take a look at the National Debt.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    DeeShamboo or Wolfie?  I like the kid with the hitch in his swing. 
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    SamIAm2 said:
    Watching season 1, episode of BBC program "This Farming Life" on BritBox. Gorgeous scenery on farms in various Scottish locations. 
    Good programme!
  • TN_Egger said:
    Watch out for Looie he has some game
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • frazzdaddy
    TN_Egger said:
    I used to play with the greenskeeper at Carolina CC in Raleigh. He had a full wind up in his backswing. Routine 300+ middle of the fw. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    At least you are not a doctor.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ozzie_Isaac
    shtgunal3 said:
    Trying to squeeze a 2500 Mega Cab Ram into a stall a Sonic.
    Haha.  We have a few drive-thrus around me that require some curb hopping and landscaping on my part to get through.  They look like they were designed for nothing bigger than a Dodge Omni.  And I do not even have the extra 14" of the Mega Cab.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Wondering what a true Full English Breakfast is and how much they cost.  Apparently Gordon Ramsey £20 "full english" is too small and too expensive.  I think it looks awesome.  Almost like a Grand Slam from Denny's.

• frazzdaddy
    Watching a great golf match.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Flank steak tacos w/homemade salsa (garlic, tomatillos, onion, jalapeño and 1/3 tomatoes blackened on Egg).  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Working on a draft of a research proposal to the NIH on a center for advancing laser lithotripsy (my section is the computational modeling part).  I'm telling myself that I'm only working on a Sunday because I don't have a real job.  
    At least you are not a doctor.
    Never mind a butt doctor, which would be even worse.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike