Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Perhaps the rattle is something attached to the bike.  Exhaust header, resonator, muffler, or something bolted on the frame.
    Perhaps the rattle is something attached to the bike.  Exhaust header, resonator, muffler, or something bolted on the frame.

Going to check fixings tomorrow before firing it up.  If it's still got a rattle, I'll put the heat proof gloves on and try to feel what stops it!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    Went out to check on some chicken to find out that it was raining for the first time in 154 days. It was nice for the 5 minutes it lasted.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Eoin said:

Going to check fixings tomorrow before firing it up.  If it's still got a rattle, I'll put the heat proof gloves on and try to feel what stops it!
    It's all ball bearings nowadays. Check the Fetzer
    valve. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Eoin said:

Aren't you just supposed to beat on it until the issue resolves itself?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Love my vp215 vac sealer

canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,480
    Glad I don't usually watch the No Fun League til the playoffs.  However, full disclosure I am and have been a Raiders fan for many decades.  That said, I am tuned into the MNF broadcast and am now watching with "mute".  What a broadcast crew.  Even worse for me than the Cris Collinsworth show.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @lkapigian Thanks for showing all of your fermentation adventures. 
    I’ve done the egg yolks and like them. I’ll microplane them over pastas or salads. I like the added umami 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Just messing messing around with you @Eoin along the lines of muffler bearings.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Love my vp215 vac sealer

Jelous of that Vac Sealer!  Beets look great.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    @Ozzie_Isaac thanks. We should be jealous of @nolaegghead, he paid way less than me for the same sealer  =)
    canuckland
  • nolaegghead
    @Ozzie_Isaac thanks. We should be jealous of @nolaegghead, he paid way less than me for the same sealer  =)

Once in a lifetime deal, half price and new!  (and free shipping, sucker weighs over 100 lbs).
    Got the carb on and working....now water pump leaks, air filter disintegrated...never ends.

Agree with @shtgunal3, that looks delish! Also....I wouldn't be mad if you decided to share the recipe =)
    LBGE
    AL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    just cancelled a dental visit for a simple pinhole filling, they quoted 884 dollars. going to look for a new dentist. im really doubting that there is a cavity to begin with. ill have the periodontist take a good look next visit in three months. did not like the covid preparedness in this office as well, practically nothing but a temp reading that was way to low, nothing like the perio office
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • @fishlessman, at my appointment in July my dentist required me: to wear a mask until he started to work, only one customer in the lobby at a time, to wash my hands and then gargle with a mouth wash that he provided, and all employees were wearing masks. A pretty large filling was $345.00. 
    Time to find a new dentist for you.
  • fishlessman
    @fishlessman, at my appointment in July my dentist required me: to wear a mask until he started to work, only one customer in the lobby at a time, to wash my hands and then gargle with a mouth wash that he provided, and all employees were wearing masks. A pretty large filling was $345.00. 
    Time to find a new dentist for you.

pretty much the same here with the perio. full face masks, hydrogen peroxide mouth wash before starting, wait in vehicle waiting for call to enter lobby, only one dentist for a standard visit, no assistant, air purifying unit next to every patient, splash gaurds fitted to the tools, water sucker with built in mirrors. they went all out.  this visit at regular dentist the young girl doing the cleaning is talking about hitting old orchard beach on the weekends, pretty much just facemasks. i wont be back, the drifting eyes while explaining the pinnhole cavity just tells a story of no cavity but we need to do this to make the money back. i wont be back, i dont buy it
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    edited September 2020
    just cancelled a dental visit for a simple pinhole filling, they quoted 884 dollars. going to look for a new dentist. im really doubting that there is a cavity to begin with. ill have the periodontist take a good look next visit in three months. did not like the covid preparedness in this office as well, practically nothing but a temp reading that was way to low, nothing like the perio office
    The temp readings require more skill than pointing and reading a number.  Unfortunately, the training they get is: 1. Point IR gun, 2. If less than 102 they are good.

No calibration, no adjusting emissivity, no training on common errors, no secondary check options, etc.  They are trying which is fgood, but it is not as simple as point and read.

If temp read around 95, it was because they are using factory emissivity setting of around 0.97, which will read 3-5 deg low on average human forehead.  Skin tone, perspiration, moisture content, etc will all impact the reading.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• fishlessman
    The temp readings require more skill than pointing and reading a number.  Unfortunately, the training they get is: 1. Point IR gun, 2. If less than 102 they are good.

No calibration, no adjusting emissivity, no training on common errors, no secondary check options, etc.  They are trying which is fgood, but it is not as simple as point and read.

If temp read around 95, it was because they are using factory emissivity setting of around 0.97, which will read 3-5 deg low on average human forehead.  Skin tone, perspiration, moisture content, etc will all impact the reading.

i think something is wrong with their gun. a center forehead shot, then a temple shot on me and then the woman next to me all read 96.3 degrees. i have and use a similar gun at the shop daily and the readings are never exactly the same. people were sitting close in the lobby, my perio office took the chairs and magazines out of the lobby. just not trusting my regular dentist office right now. and i agree, these inexpensive guns are useless if you cant set them up properly
    fukahwee maine

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2020
    Feeling like i gotta take a huge @fiber_induced_deuce   

Just finished the final interview for a new position and had to provide my salary expectations. And now the waiting game.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• @TEXASBGE2018, best of luck. I hope it is a better job than the last and that you hear back soon.
  • nolaegghead

100.4 F or greater is a fail.  100.3 or less is a pass.  The emmisivity setting is supposed to compensate for the difference between core and skin temp.  However, it's not accurate, obviously, if the person came out of the cold or is sweating or just ran a marathon.  Better than nothing, but not by much.