Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    ^^^^ looks like a great time 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    edited September 2020
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Made Jamie Oliver’s sausage and mash pie. 

Never a dull meal at your joint!  Another winner right there.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Wondering if Costco would take back used batteries if I complained that they ran out.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac Thanks! My wife loved the crunchy potato edges. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Getting caught up, but I only have a few minutes.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Checking out an interesting website that allows you to scan any website to reveal user-tracking technology on the site you entered and who's getting your data. Amazing. 

"Blacklight – The Markup" https://themarkup.org/blacklight/

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Have another internet installer at my house.  Apparently I live in a BToI.  Bermuda Triangle of Internet.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I just learned that Becky's husband (of Pomplamoose) is the CEO of Patreon.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooZR4LSuppk

I ALSO just learned this afternoon that Jamiroquoi may have a new album out soon!  :triumph:  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Options
    And, I also fervently wish my neighbor to the north, 90 years old, would refrain from climbing a ladder and getting on his roof so often....

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
     @Botch any idea what this thing is? 
    Snellville, GA

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Anal discombobulator 
    Las Vegas, NV

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    It’s an old U2 stage (don’t ask me what tour I’m not a fan).  They are making an attraction out of it by the aquarium. 
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Ouch!
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Eggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,896
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Are those only in salt lake?

Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Ty @U_tarded. Interesting looking for sure. 
    Snellville, GA

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Anal discombobulator 
    I could not of said it any better myself 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Anal discombobulator 
    I like anus that is combobulated
    Options
    American cheese was invented by a Canadian. 🤯
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    What a day.  A buddy, moving my boat, got my forklift stuck in the mud.  Took 40 minutes with boards, a chain and my truck to get it unstuck.  Weighs 9500 lbs. 

Before that he used my lift to jack up his bike.  Uneven load and it won't go down.  Will deal with that tomorrow.

Put a new bilge pump in my boat, soldering gun tip broke on the last wire.  Will finish that tomorrow.

Argh.
    Options
    What a day.  A buddy, moving my boat, got my forklift stuck in the mud.  Took 40 minutes with boards, a chain and my truck to get it unstuck.  Weighs 9500 lbs. 

Before that he used my lift to jack up his bike.  Uneven load and it won't go down.  Will deal with that tomorrow.

Put a new bilge pump in my boat, soldering gun tip broke on the last wire.  Will finish that tomorrow.

Argh.

im thinking my next bilge pump is going to be a manual thru the deck mounted one. im sick of fixing replacing them. got maybe 3 weeks this year from a new one and its a real time consuming knuckle breaking pain to even get to it. rule has enough of my money over the years
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Buy the ones with replaceable cartridges. That’s what we have on our offshore boat. Change them out every year. Cheaper than replacing the whole thing
  • Botch
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    It’s an old U2 stage (don’t ask me what tour I’m not a fan).  They are making an attraction out of it by the aquarium. 
    I was going to guess, LAX.  :blush:  

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I've been trying to learn more about SV cooking lately.  Specifically, I've been having a tough time getting maximum flavor from aromatics because they wont penetrate in the bag and seem dull/bland when applied after processing SV.  

Found a resource that discusses the breakdown of albumin in the bag.  One solution is to use eggwhites as a binder to get maximum adherence of your seasoning post-processing.  Tried it last night on a hanger steak....ho lee chit. Game changer for me.  Hope some of yall find this useful.

http://sousvideresources.com/2020/07/17/sous-vide-searing-coating-and-crusting/
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    I've been trying to learn more about SV cooking lately.  Specifically, I've been having a tough time getting maximum flavor from aromatics because they wont penetrate in the bag and seem dull/bland when applied after processing SV.  

Found a resource that discusses the breakdown of albumin in the bag.  One solution is to use eggwhites as a binder to get maximum adherence of your seasoning post-processing.  Tried it last night on a hanger steak....ho lee chit. Game changer for me.  Hope some of yall find this useful.

http://sousvideresources.com/2020/07/17/sous-vide-searing-coating-and-crusting/
    Hmmm.  I'm a little skeptical of the notion that there's no need to add any aromatics or anything else to the bag during the cook because they don't penetrate very far into the protein.   I understand the science but in my experience I actually have to be careful with the aromatics because a little goes a long way, and too much on a SV cook (especially a long one) can easily end up overpowering things.  

I think the idea here is that there's no point if all they're doing is flavoring the surface of the protein.  I can see that argument to some extent if the plan is to sear after the cook, but otherwise... I dunno.  I'll have to think about it.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike