Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Not good for business if it's done rectally, I hear.
    Options
    Speaking of that, I was looking to upgrade my internet.  You would think I live in northern Siberia.  This is the only hardline option available (tried 4 companies).

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    They don't call it fly-over-country for nothin...
    Options
    Feeling like i gotta take a huge @fiber_induced_deuce   

Just finished the final interview for a new position and had to provide my salary expectations. And now the waiting game.
    They don't advertise the salary with the job?
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Klopp splashes dosh and Bale’s back.   Liverpool buy another attacking midfielder to reinforce the ‘we’ll score more than you’ philosophy.    Long-haired golf enthusiast and resolute Welshman Gareth Bale is in London for talks with Spurs.  Everyone assumes to play for them again, I suspect to buy the club because he has been earning an eye watering volume of cash out in Spain, £20m a year basic.  

Elsewhere, meh - early doors, innit?   

Early doors, adj; the outset or initiation of an event, at the start, near the beginning.

Saturday

Everton v West Brom, or ‘the new world’s greatest team’ v relegation magnets.  The toffees strung together several passes and shot at goal a lot last week, so the blue Scousers think they are ootball genius’.  2-1

Leeds v Fulham : new boys show down.  Can’t see past a routine 2-0

Man Utd v Palace : Ole’s lads get in to gear with a gentle warm up against the mighty Eagles.  Palace now have players barely older than the iPod,a major change in strategy. Doubt it’ll affect this one.  2-1.

Arsenal v West Ham : Mikel and his glorious hair looks the real deal at the Gunners.  The Hammers are veering towards calamity.  3-1

Sunday 

Southampton v Spurs : on the plus side no fans means no singing ‘Oh when the Saints’.  On the negative, it’ll be a bore-fest.  Fun Fact : Gareth Bale played for Southampton before Spurs.  Sorry, that’s only a fact.  1-1

Newcastle v Brighton : the home team seem a smidge better than last year so far but you know a hapless meltdown is just around the corner.  The dirty Seagulls are aiming for mid-table obscurity,but that might just be beyond them. Bell-weather game early on.  2-0 

Chelsea v Liverpool : The reds are not as financially robust as you would assume,but they have found almost £30m for lad that runs fast and kick the ball at the goal a lot.  Yes another one.  Chelsea’s Super Frank has been far more enthusiastic in the market and burned through much cash.   Sounds great but it’s Abramovic’s preferred method of turning up the heat on managers.   Could be fun.  2-3.

Leicester v Burnley: top 4 botherers v top 6 botherers.  Hard to be excited about this. 1-0. The screaming scrotum with a penalty late on.  

In the championship: Stoke v Bristol City - many have tipped the visitors for success after heavy investment in their squad.  Fancy the Potters to give them a touch match.  1-1.   

Monday  

Villa v Sheff Utd:  second season syndrome risk for both teams.  The hosts are still wobbly and the visitors could be found out big-time this year.   0-1

Wolves v Man City: Pep is hot off the back of failing to win the Champions League again and wouldn’t choose to open his account with Wolves this time.  All results equally possible.  2-2.

I’ve just had fish and chips for my tea while drinking warm but strong beer. Can’t get much more British than that? Apart from pining for an empire, drinking tea, standing in a queue and moaning about rain.  I will do each of those tomorrow. 

Wondering if @cpfc1905 has come off a bender after winning by 2 at Old Trafford.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Speaking of that, I was looking to upgrade my internet.  You would think I live in northern Siberia.  This is the only hardline option available (tried 4 companies).

The only hard line option for us quotes up to 2 Mb, but in practice it's dial up speed. We get 30 - 50 Mb from a SIM in a mobile router now. Waiting for 5G .......
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Eoin said:

Just finished the final interview for a new position and had to provide my salary expectations. And now the waiting game.
    Sometimes they do sometimes they don’t. This one didn’t. But I’ve got almost 2 decades of experience in the field so I ain’t no greenhorn. They better nut up or shut up

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Eoin said:

Most salaries are negotiable though some times the negotiation is "take it or leave it" during times of mass unemployment. My nephews soon to be ex-wife was offered a job recently. He told her to ask if they couldn't offer a little more. They came back with the same salary but added dental and vision insurance to the package. It seldom hurts to ask because they will expect you to look after the company as you look after yourself and your family.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Did you check with att? Fixed wireless for $59.95 the cell tower is about four miles away, not sure how far they can reach. @Ozzie_Isaac
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options

Wired connections, how 20th century.

No worries, Elon will have you covered very soon...

https://www.satelliteinternet.com/providers/starlink/

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,099
    Options
    Did you check with att? Fixed wireless for $59.95 the cell tower is about four miles away, not sure how far they can reach. @Ozzie_Isaac
    What!?  Nope, did not check with AT&T.  Tried Verizon, but they just laughed and asked why I would want home internet.  I will definitely check AT&T.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    We have had it for a few months and so far so good. The weather shvt show hasn’t tested it yet though.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Eoin said:

The only hard line option for us quotes up to 2 Mb, but in practice it's dial up speed. We get 30 - 50 Mb from a SIM in a mobile router now. Waiting for 5G .......
    Likewise, found out the best mobile network in the area and went on a monthly unlimited sim only for £25 a month for 2 years, including the Huawei hub.  So now the Chinese as well as Amazon, Google, Apple, next door's cat.... know everything that goes on in the house.    
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Acn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Klopp splashes dosh and Bale’s back.   Liverpool buy another attacking midfielder to reinforce the ‘we’ll score more than you’ philosophy.    Long-haired golf enthusiast and resolute Welshman Gareth Bale is in London for talks with Spurs.  Everyone assumes to play for them again, I suspect to buy the club because he has been earning an eye watering volume of cash out in Spain, £20m a year basic.  

Elsewhere, meh - early doors, innit?   

Early doors, adj; the outset or initiation of an event, at the start, near the beginning.

Saturday

Everton v West Brom, or ‘the new world’s greatest team’ v relegation magnets.  The toffees strung together several passes and shot at goal a lot last week, so the blue Scousers think they are ootball genius’.  2-1

Leeds v Fulham : new boys show down.  Can’t see past a routine 2-0

Man Utd v Palace : Ole’s lads get in to gear with a gentle warm up against the mighty Eagles.  Palace now have players barely older than the iPod,a major change in strategy. Doubt it’ll affect this one.  2-1.

Arsenal v West Ham : Mikel and his glorious hair looks the real deal at the Gunners.  The Hammers are veering towards calamity.  3-1

Sunday 

Southampton v Spurs : on the plus side no fans means no singing ‘Oh when the Saints’.  On the negative, it’ll be a bore-fest.  Fun Fact : Gareth Bale played for Southampton before Spurs.  Sorry, that’s only a fact.  1-1

Newcastle v Brighton : the home team seem a smidge better than last year so far but you know a hapless meltdown is just around the corner.  The dirty Seagulls are aiming for mid-table obscurity,but that might just be beyond them. Bell-weather game early on.  2-0 

Chelsea v Liverpool : The reds are not as financially robust as you would assume,but they have found almost £30m for lad that runs fast and kick the ball at the goal a lot.  Yes another one.  Chelsea’s Super Frank has been far more enthusiastic in the market and burned through much cash.   Sounds great but it’s Abramovic’s preferred method of turning up the heat on managers.   Could be fun.  2-3.

Leicester v Burnley: top 4 botherers v top 6 botherers.  Hard to be excited about this. 1-0. The screaming scrotum with a penalty late on.  

In the championship: Stoke v Bristol City - many have tipped the visitors for success after heavy investment in their squad.  Fancy the Potters to give them a touch match.  1-1.   

Monday  

Villa v Sheff Utd:  second season syndrome risk for both teams.  The hosts are still wobbly and the visitors could be found out big-time this year.   0-1

Wolves v Man City: Pep is hot off the back of failing to win the Champions League again and wouldn’t choose to open his account with Wolves this time.  All results equally possible.  2-2.

I’ve just had fish and chips for my tea while drinking warm but strong beer. Can’t get much more British than that? Apart from pining for an empire, drinking tea, standing in a queue and moaning about rain.  I will do each of those tomorrow. 

Wondering if @cpfc1905 has come off a bender after winning by 2 at Old Trafford.
    Uncharted territory,  the new normal etc etc.  
    We did gift Man Utd their goal and frankly they had so much 'fortune' under Sir Alex that its just karma that it doesn't always go their way. 

Four decades of experience tells me to brace for the inevitable 'regression to the mean' very soon.    However I did have an extra round of grown-ups drinkies to celebrate,  then struggled to stay awake long enough to watch the highlights on tv. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    The struggle is real.
    Options
    I'm not buying it but I'd like to see this thing in action. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Bonus feature:  Also effective at containing anti-matter.  Blade-sharp metal arcs cause deep wounds so to discourage family and friends from tasting cooking food.

edited September 2020
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Why is there a lid in/on the grate?  Or is that a handle to start spinning the contraption?  And how do you keep your food from falling off?

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Why is there a lid in/on the grate?  Or is that a handle to start spinning the contraption?  And how do you keep your food from falling off?

My assumption would be another grate but maybe not placed in the picture
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

Similar to this:
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1644727122263652&extid=SAz1QX0urbp9WfrZ
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Pretty sure I saw that thing in a Mathew Mconaughey Jodie Foster movie.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Eggin_in_PA
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Hopefully they include the welding clamp... 😂
    York County, PA
    Large BGE 2014 - CGS adj rig, spider, and stones..
    Mini Max 2018
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Perfect for preparing Dizzy Pig.   =)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Pacing myself to make it to and thru the A's-Dodgers game starting around 1:30 AM GMT.  Could be a challenging undertaking.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,099
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Pacing myself to make it to and thru the A's-Dodgers game starting around 1:30 AM GMT.  Could be a challenging undertaking.  
    Love being in the West.  All games are at reasonable times.  Especially now when I can have game on in my "office".
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I think Mountain time wins as long as the location is using the EDT/EST - 2 hour conversion.  You guys in AZ are just pushing the envelope  B)  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Watching the Braves clinch. 

Edit: with a lifelong history of Georgia sports I do understand i may be speaking too soon. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

A counter balance or weight?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.