Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Getting ready to evacuate. The latest forecast centers my town. Still a catagory one but up to 18 inches of rain and 7 to 11 feet of storm surge.
    Wouldn't be suprised if this LF's east a bit but do think it will be almost a Cat 3 by then. Latest recon has her slowing down but intensifying a bit more than was thought initially. Be safe sir.
    Be safe guy's. There is going to be a lot of water inland for a while with this one.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,458
    Options
    @gonepostal - that is a nice vacation spot but that cook is taking it to a whole new level.  Great finish with that flat-iron.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I talk to @travisstrick daily.  He left his house on the water in Pensacola yesterday when the power went out.  He will probably not be able to get back for a couple/few days.  Neighbor's Airstream was floating around...
    We have some friends in Orange beach that stayed, they said they have 5 inches of water in their first floor.
    LBGE
    AL
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,448
    Options
    My parents stayed in Pensacola. Said the face of the condo they’re in is missing 2/3 of its stucco and there is roofing everywhere. No surge where they are
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Yippee!  The B1G finally got their sheet together and are going to play that pigskin game.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,093
    Options
    SGH said:
    dbCooper said:
    Back in the 80's a buddy and I played with racing karts, McCulloch engines from chain saws.  Stone age stuff when compared to what you have there.
    I’m going to take a guess and say it was McCulloch Pro Mac 1000 engines. Am I right?

That is possibly correct, I seem to recall Power Max 1000 but my memory could use one of your Arkansas stones.  I do know money was a big issue, so using dedicated MC racing engines was out for us.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,810
    Options
    just saw a car with an exhaust tricked out to sound like automatic gunfire

while eating a med/rare mcdonalds quarter pound cheese burger. was watching the car while eating it, then looked down and saw it was still mooing. am i going to die

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    looking at flood insurance for the camp. allstate $6435.00.......llyods of london $697.00 based on the same flood zone.now looking into if the bank accepts a private insurance policy and if allstate can be cancelled
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,173
    Options
    looking at flood insurance for the camp. allstate $6435.00.......llyods of london $697.00 based on the same flood zone.now looking into if the bank accepts a private insurance policy and if allstate can be cancelled
    Wow!  I may need to look into Lloyds too.  My math isn't so good, but I do know what a moved decimal place means.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yippee!  The B1G finally got their sheet together and are going to play that pigskin game.
    Hopefully the frequent testing will allow them to avoid things like this:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29892180/lsu-coach-ed-orgeron-most-team-contracted-coronavirus
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Kind of like my mom’s chicken pox plan.  When my sister got it, as toddlers, mom made me drink after her so we could knock it out at the same time. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Wow!  I may need to look into Lloyds too.  My math isn't so good, but I do know what a moved decimal place means.

they have me on a 25 percent per year increase until it meets full value, thats a 1600 dollar increase with allstate come january. what is full value, no one seems to know
    fukahwee maine

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Maybe we should call this plan the Orgeron 90 day vaccine. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Hopefully the frequent testing will allow them to avoid things like this:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29892180/lsu-coach-ed-orgeron-most-team-contracted-coronavirus
    Read that yesterday.  That's nuts.  I can't believe after a positive player comes back they don't get tested again for 90 days.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    Options
    just saw a car with an exhaust tricked out to sound like automatic gunfire

while eating a med/rare mcdonalds quarter pound cheese burger. was watching the car while eating it, then looked down and saw it was still mooing. am i going to die

Probably. Can I have your camp? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Just listed the Condo for sale. It’s been a busy couple of weeks 😂 As hot as the market is in Bloomington, I suspect it won’t last a week

As I predicted, 18 hours in and 1 offer 2k over list and another all cash offer coming soon according to realtor.
    Crazy times
    Now just gotta get it to appraise. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Just listed the Condo for sale. It’s been a busy couple of weeks 😂 As hot as the market is in Bloomington, I suspect it won’t last a week

As I predicted, 18 hours in and 1 offer 2k over list and another all cash offer coming soon according to realtor.
    Crazy times

guy next to me mentioned he was going to sell his camp at work, cash offer early morning the next day, it really is crazy right now
    fukahwee maine

• Mark_B_Good
    Options

Nah, your body can't digest that plastic stuff ... you should be fine. LOL.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:

Crazy times

guy next to me mentioned he was going to sell his camp at work, cash offer early morning the next day, it really is crazy right now
    Where is all the money coming from?  Isn't it insane that normally in the face of a pandemic and potential economic collapse, people would save their money because of the unknown?

NOT TODAY!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • fishlessman
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:

Crazy times

Where is all the money coming from?  Isn't it insane that normally in the face of a pandemic and potential economic collapse, people would save their money because of the unknown?

NOT TODAY!

its a good place to hide from the pandemic if you are hit hard by the pandemic in a big city. people want out of the city. the last seller waited three years to get it sold and it went a little over half her asking price, that was about 5 years ago and she took a beating.
    fukahwee maine

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    @SciAggie - Watched the "Pescado" episode this morning and really enjoyed that. The whole time I kept wondering if you were going to make and post your own take on examples from each of the episodes. Would be an epic thread!  
    Great idea! Gimme some time though, lol. I have my hands full with teaching at the moment - in person, remote, currently quarantined, and online credit recovery - for 4 different preps. I could work for Ringling Bros the way I’m juggling right now. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:

Crazy times

NOT TODAY!

its a good place to hide from the pandemic if you are hit hard by the pandemic in a big city. people want out of the city. the last seller waited three years to get it sold and it went a little over half her asking price, that was about 5 years ago and she took a beating.
    Houses selling fast here too. Rural area but decent train links to London if needed. Businesses here are still being supported, while people are working at home or at home on Government money. Extra disposable income, plus there's a tax break on property short term. Govt furlough ends soon, when unemployment arrives things will correct quickly.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Trying to navigate my parents a way out of Pensacola. Dad said it’s bad....
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,431
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    My brother is there and he is 80 feet above sea level. But he did say there are chopper rescues going on as well as water rescues in some of the lower areas. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:
    My brother is there and he is 80 feet above sea level. But he did say there are chopper rescues going on as well as water rescues in some of the lower areas. 
    They’re at La Riva. No power or water. No storm surge where they are. He was talking with the sheriffs department on scene when we last spoke. Cops were trying to help them find a path out