Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,482
    edited September 2020
    Never mind.  F'd it up. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thinking of taking up smoking. It would be better than breathing this crap!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,458
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker - I’d be all over that!  You are one with the Asian dishes as of late. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • @The Cen-Tex Smoker - I’d be all over that!  You are one with the Asian dishes as of late. 
    Ha ha. It’s a big part of our diet. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Fun little snack. Had a few thighs that needed to be cooked and I had some Red Nahm Jim (fish sauce, Thai Chili, sugar, lime, shallot, tamarind and Thai basil) from our favorite Thai place.  Did a riff off Gai Yang (Thai grilled yardbird). 

Chicken thigh (Pieces) rubbed with EVOO, salt, garlic, ginger, and lemongrass. Splashed with a little whisky barrel aged fish sauce and pan seared.  

Served over jasmine rice, Thai basil from the garden and  topped with red nahm Jim. Crazy flavors and pretty simple.  

Looks great! I love Thai food!

Right now I'm trying to keep the house from falling apart.  We have a highly energetic 13 year old foster kid for 2 nights.  I have 6 of my own but right now it feels like 12. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    edited September 2020
    Feels good to sit down and do absolutely nothing other than watch football, drink a couple beers, and Q after a busy week. 

Tv and speakers hung for the Vikes/Packers game today. I wish the outcome of the game was better. 

I unfortunately had to call an audible with food for the game. My church asked if I and another member could come in Saturday to learn how to setup cameras and run the live streaming portion of the service. The main person who runs the live streaming portion of church was out of town. I felt guilty that the other member was put in charge of live streaming the service this morning after we just learned everything yesterday with the editing program. I figure the two of us could run it together even though he was the only one who was suposed to come in for it today. I'm glad I did. It helped him and I was able to see it first hand. Unfortunately this put me way past the time I wanted to put on the turkey this morning. To the point where the turkey wasn't going to finish until after the Vikes/Packers game. Since the turkey wasn't going to finish on time I decided to cook up some double bacon sautéed onion smash burgers for my friends and I. They didn't leave hungy after the game. 

The turkey did finally finish up. It didn't help that the turkey was 20lbs. She was almost a little cramped in the Karubecue. I'm going to be eating turkey for a week straight now without anyone of my friends here since the game is over!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho said:
    Feels good to sit down and do absolutely nothing other than watch football, drink a couple beers, and Q after a busy week. 

Tv and speakers hung for the Vikes/Packers game today. I wish the outcome of the game was better. 

I unfortunately had to call an audible with food for the game. My church asked if I and another member could come in Saturday to learn how to setup cameras and run the live streaming portion of the service. The main person who runs the live streaming portion of church was out of town. I felt guilty that the other member was put in charge of live streaming the service this morning after we just learned everything yesterday with the editing program. I figure the two of us could run it together even though he was the only one who was suposed to come in for it today. I'm glad I did. It helped him and I was able to see it first hand. Unfortunately this put me way past the time I wanted to put on the turkey this morning. To the point where the turkey wasn't going to finish until after the Vikes/Packers game. Since the turkey wasn't going to finish on time I decided to cook up some double bacon sautéed onion smash burgers for my friends and I. They didn't leave hungy after the game. 

The turkey did finally finish up. It didn't help that the turkey was 20lbs. She was almost a little cramped in the Karubecue. I'm going to be eating turkey for a week straight now without anyone of my friends here since the game is over!
    Your kbq is so clean! Like a new egg with all white insides. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • WeberWho
    edited September 2020
    WeberWho said:

The turkey did finally finish up. It didn't help that the turkey was 20lbs. She was almost a little cramped in the Karubecue. I'm going to be eating turkey for a week straight now without anyone of my friends here since the game is over.
    Your kbq is so clean! Like a new egg with all white insides. 
    I used it in a rib competition the last time I used it. I made sure the smoker was cleaned up good before the competition. So clean up was minimal afterwards. I just knocked it down quickly with some Easy Off, Magic Dry Eraser, and the hose. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Set-up and bird looks good, @WeberWho! After that game, however, I recommend a lot more booze to go with that turkey.
    Stillwater, MN
  • WeberWho
    Set-up and bird looks good, @WeberWho! After that game, however, I recommend a lot more booze to go with that turkey.
    Thanks. I agree with the booze. Our defense was awful. I'd hate to be Holton Hill and bump into Zimmer after the game...

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    This person is having a bad day. 
    That's what happens when you don't make your "rent a rim" payment. 
    You may be right. I couldnt believe someone would do this where this car was parked. It was like 100’ off hwy 9 in Cumming in a well lit area that you can see from 270 degrees from the road. Also it was the first parking spot at the main entrance to this plaza. 
    Happened to my brothers wife’s suburban. Factory 22” rims. In their driveway. Neighbors video cams have thieves in and out in under 2 minutes. NASCAR style. They left it sitting on landscape stones out of their flower beds 
  • Just picked 24 Jamaican Scotch Bonnet peppers. We are expecting over a foot of rain and I didn’t want to risk them. Also packed the Egg and the rest back into the garage. It was still a bit warm but I’ll check it again in 3 hours or so. Currently watching Houston get spanked.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Taking a serious dump.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Love, slug style - who knew?

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    SciAggie said:
    So I cooked my wife a prime NY strip steak. Reverse seared, nailed it medium rare. Her comment, “Great job on the steak sweetheart. I didn’t reach for the A1 Sauce at all!”
    I either suck at cooking steaks or we have a misalignment of expectations, lol. 
    Ha Ha
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @lkapigian My freezer will be in this week!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • @lkapigian every time you post one of these the closer I get to plunging in.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    Can't wait @Sciaggie , @alaskanassasin it's overly easy to do for sure ...but shhhh , don't tell anyone 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Just got a notification, forecast 5-7 inches of rain and potentially 6-12... I guess I should have cut the grass yesterday!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Getting ready to evacuate. The latest forecast centers my town. Still a catagory one but up to 18 inches of rain and 7 to 11 feet of storm surge.