Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    DuckDogDr said:
    Spending quality time with Duck Dog

Ahh, teal season. Mosquito heaven
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Looks like property taxes are gonna go up for @lousubcap and others in that area. 
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • ColbyLang
    TN_Egger said:
    Looks like property taxes are gonna go up for @lousubcap and others in that area. 
    Just about 12 million worth
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    trying to get a dirt bike running...
    I feel your pain. I have two tires, two tubes, a head gasket, a new carburetor float, gas line, rubber gromet for gas line, and an air filter that I picked up from the dealer yesterday for mine. Fun times.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang said:
    TN_Egger said:
    That’s what we call justice.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    ColbyLang said:
    Hen and smoked sausage gumbo at the request of my kindergartener. It may be 90° outside, but the AC will be set on 70° when we eat! 
    Colby, how do you make your roux?  Lo-und-slo frying the flour in lard, constantly stirring; or baking flour in the oven until you get the right color, and just mixing together?  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Botch
    Realized that the burners on my my new BlueStar ALL can reach Simmer temps, even the 22K BTU ones; this simplified my cooking logistics greatly.   :)

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    @nolaegghead  Good luck on the cleaning and bike repairs.  That go-kart, what does it have to power it and do you have a track to run on?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    dbCooper said:
    @nolaegghead  Good luck on the cleaning and bike repairs.  That go-kart, what does it have to power it and do you have a track to run on?
    Water cooled 2-stroke Rotex 125.  Yes, there is a track pretty close to me.  This thing is terrifying. 

Terrifying indeed I imagine, more so with no roll bars.  Pretty sweet machine.
    Back in the 80's a buddy and I played with racing karts, McCulloch engines from chain saws.  Stone age stuff when compared to what you have there.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,480
    edited September 2020
    ColbyLang said:
    TN_Egger said:
    That’s what we call justice.
    You all realize that the investigation has not been released so I consider this a "save the city" preemptive move.  Regardless of how this lands after the State AG releases his report no one will accept it at face-value.  Powder keg at the ready.
    Seat belt fastened. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,480
    BTW- this topic should move off of this thread if anyone wants to start a new one.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Hen and smoked sausage gumbo at the request of my kindergartener. It may be 90° outside, but the AC will be set on 70° when we eat! 
    Colby, how do you make your roux?  Lo-und-slo frying the flour in lard, constantly stirring; or baking flour in the oven until you get the right color, and just mixing together?  
    @Botch
    I brown my hen in vegetable oil, remove from the pot. Add more vegetable oil and start cutting in flour. Gotta make sure your fire is low/med-low. Most folks aim for equal parts flour to fat, I just eyeball it. A good roux spoon is your friend here, or a fairly stiff whisk. Constant stirring until the color is almost the color of a paper bag. Add the holy trinity and start sweating veggies. Roux will darken during cook of veggies. Add water (or chicken broth) and basically melt roux in. I find the drippings from browning the hen give it another layer of flavor 
  • Botch
    Not worth a separate thread, but here's an

AIRPORT SMACKDOWN CHALLENGE!!

Salt Lake City just opened, over the last night, Concourse One of our new airport, a $4.1 Billion dollar project.  Supposedly No tax dollar were used for it (heh).  It replaces (and enlarges?!?) the capacity of our existing 6-concourse airport, which will be torn down to make room for Concourse Two, another four-year project.
    The local news devoted the first 12 minutes tonight to it, and it looks impressive on the screen.  I haven't travelled much since going into Maintenance ten years ago, and had completely sworn off air travel two years ago; because of COVID they're only allowing ticketed passengers into the building, so I can't give you a first-hand impression (maybe our other utard members can, soon).  
    It doesn't have under-apron subways between concourses (like ATL has for at least 30 years) and they were sure bragging up the "dropoff upper-level, pickup lower-level" feature (which many 'ports have had for a long time) so maybe it's just local pride, but $4.1 Billion, bishes!   =)

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    @botch I’ll post a review this winter. Gave in and decided to give your Utah snow a try this year. Spending a week in Park City in February with my college roommate on our annual ski trip 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    dbCooper said:
    Water cooled 2-stroke Rotex 125.  Yes, there is a track pretty close to me.  This thing is terrifying. 
    Nothing could be more exhilarating than doing 80mph with a gallon of gas tucked up against your twig and berries amiright?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    Just listed the Condo for sale. It’s been a busy couple of weeks 😂 As hot as the market is in Bloomington, I suspect it won’t last a week
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    dbCooper said:
    Very Cool
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    HeavyG said:
    dbCooper said:
    Nothing could be more exhilarating than doing 80mph with a gallon of gas tucked up against your twig and berries amiright?
    Same as most motorcycles.   Probably maxes out at 60.  
    Taco Chronicles volume 2 is on Netflix. I’m excited. I’m starting to think “Taco Camp” may need to be a thing. Making lots of different tacos and salsas the hardest way humanly possible.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Going to the...

@SciAggie - Watched the "Pescado" episode this morning and really enjoyed that. The whole time I kept wondering if you were going to make and post your own take on examples from each of the episodes. Would be an epic thread!  
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    dbCooper said:
    Back in the 80's a buddy and I played with racing karts, McCulloch engines from chain saws.  Stone age stuff when compared to what you have there.
    I’m going to take a guess and say it was McCulloch Pro Mac 1000 engines. Am I right?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.