Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Community And Friday Night Foruming

I think the Remote BAM Blast was a lot of fun and more than a few people mentioned to me they didn't appreciate until afterward how much they'd missed just hanging out with people and shooting the breeze.  There is a lot to be said for community right now, and I think more than a few of us value connecting with others in the middle of all of this.  

So in the interest of keeping this going, I've set up a Zoom session for every Friday night from now until we're out of this mess.   It's my own account so it's not limited in terms of time, and can hold up to 100 people at once.   I probably won't be able to participate myself each night, but I'll set it up so that it'll run no matter what.  Use this thread to let folks know you might be dropping in.

I'll set it up to run from 7pm to 3am every Friday night. The link will be permanent, and is here:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373

DM me for the password.  Or DM someone else who has it once we get this up and running.  Sorry for not posting it publicly but I don't think we want to open this up to any rando walking the street.  Or maybe we do.  We'll come back to that.  

"A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919

Comments

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,530
    Great idea JIC
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 2,598
    edited April 2020
    Thank you John. I really needed the laughs Saturday night. You guys are great therapy.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 11,351
    Thanks John DM on the way
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 12,974
    You are not all bad @JohnInCarolina , pretty cool thing to do.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

Some Eggs, some Weber stuff, the occasional Traeger, and various other things that make flames and hold coals.
    So does @JohnInCarolina accept any legal responsibility for what goes on on the zoom calls, since he set them up?
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim said:
    So does @JohnInCarolina accept any legal responsibility for what goes on on the zoom calls, since he set them up?
    If you are asking if he can be held to account for flailing members and such, the answer is “most definitely”.
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,927
    Y’all MFers better start generating some cook threads if you're going to move all the nonsense to another platform. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 22,290
    I think I've sent the password to everyone who has posted in this thread so far.  The password, like the bourbon, is being passed around.   
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 4,838
    I’ll take some bourbon and a password. I didn’t make it on last time around. I’ll try harder.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

shtgunal3 said:
    I’ll take some bourbon and a password. I didn’t make it on last time around. I’ll try harder.
    DM sent!

Living large in the 919
  • I think I've sent the password to everyone who has posted in this thread so far.  The password, like the bourbon, is being passed around.   
    So if I’m reading this correctly, the password is “like the bourbon”? Intuitive enough. 
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 25,045
    edited April 2020
    Game on!  PM sent.
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 5,753
    Wouldn't mind having the PW in case I get a wild hair. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,597
    Thank you for doing this. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    In!  DM me.  TIA
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • dmchicagodmchicago Posts: 3,278
    Hit me Johnny!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE.

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 3,483
    Will try to make it- 
    Greensboro, NC
    I think I got everyone.  Probably some of you more than once.  I may be drinking some of the password...

Living large in the 919
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,427
    I’d like the password for when I can join occasionally

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• LeopoldstochLeopoldstoch Posts: 1,126
    I’d like to join in when possible! I have really enjoyed the help and insight this community has provided me over the last couple years!

Brandon - Ohio

Sent!

Living large in the 919
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,427
    Thanks John!

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

Make sure NOLA has it, please!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
    edited April 2020
    Very happy to see that @lousubcap might join. That would be worth the price of admission.  

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
    thetrim said:
    Make sure NOLA has it, please!
    Nola has the EWBlack password.  

Living large in the 919
    thetrim said:
    Very happy to see that @lousubcap might join. That would be worth the price of admission.  

I would expect him to surface, albeit very discretely.  

Living large in the 919
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 16,066
    First, thanks for setting up the Zoom BAM Blast this past weekend. I hopped on for a bit here and there, but very much enjoyed it. 

Second, thanks for setting up this Friday foruming bidness. Our spouses/partners/significant others/kids need some respite. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CornholioCornholio Posts: 1,037
    I think I got everyone.  Probably some of you more than once.  I may be drinking some of the password...
    From/some, same thing. 

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 9,090
    Sign me up, please.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX