Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Community And Friday Night Foruming

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @dmchicago - Hope I will still be participating at that time.  See you then??  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I will be on, likely around 8 PM (EDT).  Great diversion evening entertainment.  @JohnInCarolina thanks again for setting this up.  
    My pleasure.  If it does even a little to help some of us stay sane during this craziness, it is worth it.
    Excuse me..... some of us like to embrace our insanity!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I will be on, likely around 8 PM (EDT).  Great diversion evening entertainment.  @JohnInCarolina thanks again for setting this up.  
    My pleasure.  If it does even a little to help some of us stay sane during this craziness, it is worth it.
    Excuse me..... some of us like to embrace our insanity!
    Trust me - the Zoom sessions provide plenty of opportunity for that as well!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'll probably tap out.  I have to work Saturday
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I won’t be able to make it on this week. #1 son’s 25th bday tomorrow night. You guys have fun and I’ll jump on next week for sure. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    Options
    No pressure for all of you who have great commitments this Friday but the 15th (coulda been the Ides of May but I digress B) ) will be here soon enough.  Regardless, the change of scenery here and interactions are of great value.  But just an opinion and "the friggin cow drives the interactions!"
    Be well-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Last I checked this was a Friday session...so Saturday??  Must be an Army wimp excuse   =)
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I am in gents. 8ish
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    thetrim said:
    Last I checked this was a Friday session...so Saturday??  Must be an Army wimp excuse   =)
    Oh snap @thetrim , I think you have to show now...
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    thetrim said:
    Oh snap @thetrim , I think you have to show now...
    Show what?  This is not the time to be vague. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vxDJ9bLkUKo
  • thetrim
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    thetrim said:

Dang.  See you Friday night...
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vxDJ9bLkUKo
    Be there, Aloha!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Going to try tonight. Likely later, but an effort shall be made.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Going to try tonight. Likely later, but an effort shall be made.
    I will prepare to have a bourbon slushy in hand for when you appear my friend.  
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Still waiting for my scheduled time to storm our legislature in protest of tyrannical social distancing rules and fascist mask wearing edicts that, in the guise of "health" and "safety" impinge on my freedom to infect myself and others without regard to what the "scientists" have to say.  If that important meeting doesn't conflict (and can I get requisite clearance from the tower, which hardly is a given around here), I may actually try to dial in to this one.   

Can someone remind me -- no politics, right?
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Still waiting for my scheduled time to storm our legislature in protest of tyrannical social distancing rules and fascist mask wearing edicts that, in the guise of "health" and "safety" impinge on my freedom to infect myself and others without regard to what the "scientists" have to say.  If that important meeting doesn't conflict (and can I get requisite clearance from the tower, which hardly is a given around here), I may actually try to dial in to this one.   

No politics and the only religion allowed are discussions of the bourbon Gods.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

And where do y’all stand on discussing the making of sweet yoghurt?
  • thetrim
    Options

Can we also have a collective prayer for anyone currently cooking a brisket that it ends up better than the one I had going the Friday night of BAM Blast?
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Bring it!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    I may try to get on later. Send me the password @JohnInCarolina I haven't been on since BAM Blast
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Fair game.  I've actually never made it myself (honestly not sure where that came from), but I'd be happy to opine on its virtues!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I may try to get on later. Send me the password @JohnInCarolina I haven't been on since BAM Blast
    Done.  Check your inbox.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

Fair game.  I've actually never made it myself (honestly not sure where that came from), but I'd be happy to opine on its virtues!
    I took it “pots” were the target, with the terminology “sweet yoghurt” having stripped the former of its hulking masculinity. 

Are we similarly allowed to discuss your “little Anova,” John?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I hopped on late last Fri night, and all I got was @DMW licking the bottom of a bottle of bourbon. 

But it's on my schedule for tonight! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I took it “pots” were the target, with the terminology “sweet yoghurt” having stripped the former of its hulking masculinity. 

Are we similarly allowed to discuss your “little Anova,” John?
    Does the size of one’s Anova matter?
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I'll jump on sometime after 9 or 10.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina. Me too sir(password)
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina. Me too sir(password)

In your inbox.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    JohnInCarolina said:
    Does the size of one’s Anova matter?
    Girls never ask that question.  :tongue:  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.