Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,796
    Give it a try @Canugghead. We have some SS and pyrex dishes that fit in the IP, and usually do salmon, 2-3 lbs in one go. Ingredients and fish go in an SS vessel, or two. Water in the IP pot, trivet, then stack. Low pressure, 5 mins, manual release... done! This was the first time I did a whitefish this way, and it was better than salmon. 

Stove method would obviously be better if cooking for a group, or if steaming a whole fish. I'll go as far as saying that I bet the grands would kill this :) ... light, delicious flavors, and the fish turns out flakey, but tender/delicate.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Thanks @caliking, will try this some day.
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    ColbyLang said:

Ribeyes on the gasser
    Half inchers?  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    ColbyLang said:

Ribeyes on the gasser
    Half inchers?  ;)
    Nooooo. One inchers. Costco Prime. Splurged on my birthday 
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    Happy Birthday 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • ColbyLang
    MasterC said:
    Happy Birthday 
    Thx. Really a non event lately. Everyone has plans or doesn’t want to go out or whatever. Sitters are hard to book for NYE. We did supreme low key last night. Steaks and sides. Cookie cake. Sparklers and smoke bombs with the kiddos. Everyone asleep pre 10pm lol
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    A belated Happy Birthday @ColbyLang .  Congratulations on the successful completion of a another lap of the sun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    Thank you sir 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    Killing it as always @caliking
  • caliking
    Killing it as always @caliking
    Thanks. I have cinnamon roll dough rising as we speak :smile:

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    edited January 1
    We went over to a colleague’s house last night to a gathering of about 20. Each family was asked to bring a “charcuterie” board with a different theme. We went with dessert.  Here is what SWMBO came up with. The little chocolate cups are full of peppermint cheesecake and the little bins have toppings. The big thing is a melted Brie wrapped in pastry with raspberry chipotle sauce. 

My phone doesn’t seem to be able to post a pic…

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Sounds like a great theme.  Her choice was likely a game winner.  No pressure to produce the pic... B)
    Happy New Year. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    I believe you, @Foghorn

• lousubcap
    Kicking off 2024 with gusto right there @caliking !  Great eats!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    @caliking you need more veg toppings, lol. Been meaning to try cold oil fries since @Dyal_SC IIRC posted about it.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Nailed that steak.  That third photo is sweet. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    Foghorn said:
    And on New Years Day we kept it simple for the 2 of us. We each picked up a premade salad at the store and I cooked a steak for us to share.  A friend of ours gave us some premium cuts from one of his cows. He’s got about 30 now. He gives premium cuts to friends and family and donates the rest to a senior center. He puts them on a feed lot for 4+ months before they are harvested so the beef is quite good - especially for the price.  
    Very nice!

The wife and I have started to do the steak and salad meal fairly frequently when it’s just the two of us.  Hard to beat for ratio of quality to effort. 

Happy New Year to you and yours, Dan.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    Foghorn said:

Here’s the charcuterie board I mentioned a few posts ago. 
    Your earlier description did not do it justice. Looks fabulous!