Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    Deviled pork chops and homemade applesauce. 
    Beautiful plate you can taste with your eyes. I mine do.
    Great job there
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,796
    I feel like that would be a good idea to steal for a side @GrateEggspectations :smiley: ... details, please?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking said:
    I feel like that would be a good idea to steal for a side @GrateEggspectations :smiley: ... details, please?
    Used this recipe, but used bison (which is fantastic): https://www.ontario.ca/foodland/recipes/big-batch-cheesy-sweet-potato-shepherds-pie-0
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,322
    edited January 8
    caliking said:
    Used this recipe, but used bison (which is fantastic): https://www.ontario.ca/foodland/recipes/big-batch-cheesy-sweet-potato-shepherds-pie-0

@GrateEggspectations - Did you use "Ontario Bison"?  Thanks for posting the recipe, we'll be trying this the next time we do Shepherd's Pie.  Unfortunately it will be without all the Ontario sourced ingredients. :)
    *edit for spellings
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • dbCooper said:
    caliking said:

@GrateEggspectations - Did you use "Ontario Bison"?  Thanks for posting the recipe, we'll be trying this the next time we do Shepherd's Pie.  Unfortunately it will be without all the Ontario sourced ingredients. :)
    *edit for spellings
    I didn’t even know the Ontario government pushed recipes. 🤷‍♂️ As always, triple the (Ontario) garlic for best results. 

When my wife and I bought our first house, we had a great local butcher who regularly stocked ground bison, which we purchased often for burgers. I miss it. 
  • caliking
    caliking said:
    Thanks!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    edited January 9
    @MasterC - how did the Henry Bain's work as I have not gone down that road?
    Edit: beautiful looking butt right there-great bark.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    I enjoyed it cap. A hint of horseradish very nice.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    First time making cheese straws. Won’t be the last. 

• MasterC said:
    Pulled pork on toasted wonder bread with havarti cheese, some Henry Bain`s Famous Sauce and a side of deviled egg potatoe salad.

I think I might have another 
    Cheers

Pic #2 is a thing to behold. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Why am I printing out deviled egg potato salad recipes😁
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    dbCooper said:

I can swallow this ^^^, and spoon for the win, lol
    canuckland
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Botch said:
    Saw a EweTube "short" on this, just bizarre enough I had to try it for lunch today.  A grilled-cheese sandwich, with kimchee in it.  

I used American because it's what I had; he used Brie which I'd bet is even better.  
    Wait a minute here Botch, so you had American cheese on hand AND Kimchee?    That's impressive!    Can't say I've ever had Kimchee on hand (as much as I enjoy it).
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • caliking
    @Botch , If you're so inclined, check out Chef Tyler on YT for all kinds of grilled cheese variations. Some (most?) look pretty good.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,017
    You have a printer?
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    TechsasJim said:
    Wait a minute here Botch, so you had American cheese on hand AND Kimchee?    That's impressive!    Can't say I've ever had Kimchee on hand (as much as I enjoy it).
    I'm more likely to have kimchee on hand, than American cheese. :lol:  Last week I did a bunch of Green Chile cheeseburgers, and had a few slices of Kraft's finest left over.   ;)  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Botch said:
    TechsasJim said:
    I'm more likely to have kimchee on hand, than American cheese. :lol:  Last week I did a bunch of Green Chile cheeseburgers, and had a few slices of Kraft's finest left over.   ;)  
    S-I-L delivered some homemade kimchee a few weeks back. Have yet to crack it. May have to follow suit and make some grilled kimcheeses. 

My son’s teacher’s first name is Kim-Chi. 

• caliking
    edited January 11
    @GrateEggspectations - i'm a fan of many things fermented, and that's a good looking jar of shtuff. However, I'll wager that you can beat that. 

Brad Leone had a great vid/recipe for a Brussels sprouts kimchi. I shared some with a Korean colleague, and she couldn't believe that I made it (she was likely being polite). When talking kimchi, I doubt there's such a thing as too heavy of a hand with gochugaru :)

Edit- There are many types of kimchi... of which I have made maybe two.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    @caliking, I googled on Brad Leone and the 1st hit is his Instagram post featuring what's now his new Christmas tradition cook... multi-day marinated brisket, smoked 15 hours in Traeger then steamed. The spices and process  sound like my MSM  :)
    https://www.instagram.com/brad_leone/p/C1P8WYORZiO/   
    Kimchi could be a new rabbit hole!
    canuckland
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    caliking said:
    @GrateEggspectations - i'm a fan of many things fermented, and that's a good looking jar of shtuff. However, I'll wager that you can beat that. 

Brad Leone had a great vid/recipe for a Brussels sprouts kimchi. I shared some with a Korean colleague, and she couldn't believe that I made it (she was likely being polite). When talking kimchi, I doubt there's such a thing as too heavy of a hand with gochugaru :)

Edit- There are many types of kimchi... of which I have made maybe two.
    So, it's like garlic?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Legume said:
    You have a printer?

its also a fax =) modern times......had to fax some insurance papers to maine last week, they did not want it emailed, saved me a 200 mile drive
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking said:
    @Botch , If you're so inclined, check out Chef Tyler on YT for all kinds of grilled cheese variations. Some (most?) look pretty good.
    been looking at one for a few weeks..... parmigiana crusted jalapeno grilled cheese. butter the bread, press sliced jalapenos into the butter, press that side in grated parmigiana cheese, stuff with roasted jalapenos, bacon, pepperjack, sliced pepperdoos and fry/crust the jalepino parmigiana

May be an image of text that says NEW SANDWICH ALERT PICAS BIG POPPA GRILLED CHEESE

same place, insane, havent gone here but some crazy grilled cheeses.  heart surgeon standing by for the triple crown

Dill Pickle photo

Dill Pickle

$13.00
    Thick sliced sourdough grilled to perfection loaded with Dill Havarti, American and tangy pickles.
    Jammin photo

Jammin'

$14.00
    Our house made bacon onion jam with spicy 3 pepper colby and creamy American cheese.
    Pesto Garlic Bread photo

Pesto Garlic Bread

$12.00
    Thick sliced sourdough grilled with garlic butter, nut free pesto and filled with American and provolone cheese.
    Brisket photo

Brisket

$13.00
    3 cheeses and thin sliced house brisket with sauteed onions on grilled sourdough.
    Triple Crown photo

Triple Crown

$19.99
    Our 3 most popular grilled cheese concoctions united in an epic culinary mash-up. Brisket, Pickle and Jammin Grilled cheese, 2 lbs of amazingness.

Looks so good it’s criminal. May have to call the….

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    @fishlessman - those are some great combos right there.  I need to commandeer the sandwich police and find a place like that around here.  Sweet!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.