Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• @SamIAm2

Looks incredible. Skin colour looks perfect, in my books. Your family is lucky, and not just because you’re in it!
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    @GrateEggspectations - very kind of you, and thanks. Been a long while since I did a turkey. I was mostly ignoring what was happening on the egg because I was playing with the new tape deck. Will probably add a bit of water to the pans when I heat them in the big wall clock on Christmas morning. Hope you have a great morning with the family, that goes for the rest of you folks on the forum.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • My aunt with the XL Egg made pulled pork nachos for the extended family Christmas lunch today. I made another Apple jalapeño sausage ring, the jalapeños were extra spicy 🥵 this time.🥰
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    Standard issue indirect wings with Southern Soul seasoning and a light sprinkle of cornstarch. 

• I wanted to do Yorkshire pudding with the prime rib and roasted potatoes for a “proper Sunday dinner” but I didn’t have time to make the batter this morning. It’s great you made the try and I’m sure your next try will be better. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • I wanted to do Yorkshire pudding with the prime rib and roasted potatoes for a “proper Sunday dinner” but I didn’t have time to make the batter this morning. It’s great you made the try and I’m sure your next try will be better. 
    Yep, just a bit too long in the oven.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172

You have a lot going on there man!   God hates a Coward, keep plugging.    

Oh and I’d give both those a solid run…
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    Anything garlic for the win.  Great meal right there @Campbell2N
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    The wife is making ginger molasses cookies.  I’m in charge of “quality control” lol.

@JohnInCarolina - a tough job but somebody has got to do it. One from each tray sounds about right. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • The wife is making ginger molasses cookies.  I’m in charge of “quality control” lol.

I'll help you with that!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Wow John you are pulling out all the stops. All looks great 😋
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Wow John you are pulling out all the stops. All looks great 😋
    Haha not me but the wife.  She’s been a baking fiend today.

I step in for dinner tonight.  Ribeye steaks, mashed potatoes, gravy, and some Yorkshire puddings (hopefully not burned).
  • Just diced the onion and opened all of the cans for mom to make soup.
  • lousubcap
    @JohnInCarolina - beautiful cuts going in and nailed 'em coming out.  SV in the game?
    Merry Christmas!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - beautiful cuts going in and nailed 'em coming out.  SV in the game?
    Merry Christmas!
    Wagyu dry-aged ribeye, from SRF, cooked reverse sear.  It was good!

Merry Christmas to you too, Frank!
  • lousubcap
    I stay away from pre-cook pepper seasoning if there is hot and fast in the process.  Didn't do a too hot destruction burn with pepper but came da-n close several years ago.  So, whenever I see pepper on a beautiful hunk of protein in its virgin state, I am reminded.  @JohnInCarolina no worries with that outcome.  You did 'em proud.