Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    Oh yeah.  Somewhere in my boxes downstairs I have a document of all 33 "Broken Arrows" we've had, and the majority of them are AF.  One of the Spain recoveries is known for being the World's Most Expensive Tomatoes.   B)  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    @SamIAm2 - I remember the lost bomb event but being young, not in the game.  However, several years downstream John Craven's approach and intellect were recognized and endorsed by the USN.  That led to some entertaining times. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597

I want to go to there. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    @Wooderson - what a cook!!!  Perfect across the cut and an awesome crust.  That is some impressive results.  Eating beyond well!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    @DoubleEgger - great photo and presentation.  Homemade pasta for the win. 
    Before I moved on from wine I recall (and reinforced here) that Caymus is a great pour.  No doubt a true banquet was enjoyed by all.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001

One couple in my winetasting club was a retired Navy Capt and his wife.  They had discovered Caymus before Wine Spectator had, and their wine cellar (a tad bigger than my living room) was 75% stocked with Caymus.  When their turn at our monthly meeting came up to host, they did a vertical tasting of Caymus cabs!  Jean had a huge garden with lots of herbs, and she knew how to cook; what an evening!
    Saw Jean's obituary in the paper less than a year ago, and learned that Ernie had passed a few years earlier.  That really made me feel old, and depressed.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 417
    I think you made the right choice with the jelly. How were they?

Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Corv said:
    I think you made the right choice with the jelly. How were they?

it was good, more jelly next time and maybe a saltier thinner cut ham. this ham was really mild. the chevre, hot pepper jelly on a rosemay triscuit was perfect later in the day. i dont normally have the cheese and jelly on hand.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    I love me some chicken 
    And the minimax 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    What's the seasoning 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944

It was tasty.

May make chicken salad tomorrow with the bits of white meat.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    @MasterC
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    SamIAm2 said:

It was tasty.

Smoked chicken salad is rhe best!  Celery and dried cranberries are my favorite add.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• lousubcap
    Killer sandwich right there, enhanced with the extra juice of the habaneros. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,803
    SamIAm2 said:

It was tasty.

Smoked chicken salad is rhe best!  Celery and dried cranberries are my favorite add.
    I prefer diced up green seedless grapes and pecans.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3 said:
    SamIAm2 said:

It was tasty.

I prefer diced up green seedless grapes and pecans.
    These are both beautifully sweet and salty suggestions. I sometimes add curry powder to the mix to introduce yet another dimension. Every ingredient seems to stand on its own but play so nicely with the others. 
  • lousubcap
    For those of us on this side of the pond, those temps are *C.  =) Looks great right there.  Nailed 'em.
    And beef ribs beat their pork cousins every time. 
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 773
    edited December 2023
    Never had room temp beef ribs

@lousubcap beat me to it 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    "After a long absence from an 'actual' thread, I'm back on the horse.  Now MEATER enabled, too, so you'll see when the wind changed direction and I needed to 'adjust' (fiddle).
    With kind thanks to @Stormbringer - as ever for his splendid guidance over on Cook's Digest, and @Eoin
    lately of this parish for his 'punchy' chilli dust."

I love that you reached out to the only other Brits I can think of on this forum.  Makes us Yanks think that all Brits know each other "Oh.  You're from England! Surely you know CPFC1905, Eoin, and Stormbringer!"

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,322
    I think @Toast or @TheToast is in the UK too.  Hard to say, those folks are kinda flighty.  🙂
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,945
    Elijah said:
    Never had room temp beef ribs

@lousubcap beat me to it 
    Come on lads, it's not tricky.
    You know water, right?  It freezes at zero and boils at 100.  Why have a system that starts at a random number? 
    And don't give me all that 'at sea level, and only if it's not mixed with other stuff' nonsense. 
    Your currency, admittedly still in its comparative infancy - runs along a similar basis. 

Also, who has a room at 95 degrees - even if it they are smaller degrees?  Are you made of money?  Do you own no clothes? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,945
    Foghorn said:
    "After a long absence from an 'actual' thread, I'm back on the horse.  Now MEATER enabled, too, so you'll see when the wind changed direction and I needed to 'adjust' (fiddle).
    With kind thanks to @Stormbringer - as ever for his splendid guidance over on Cook's Digest, and @Eoin
    lately of this parish for his 'punchy' chilli dust."

I love that you reached out to the only other Brits I can think of on this forum.  Makes us Yanks think that all Brits know each other "Oh.  You're from England! Surely you know CPFC1905, Eoin, and Stormbringer!"
    Tis but a small outcrop of northern Europe and on a clear day we can all see each other.   Which can be awkward at bath time. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay