Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• Steaks in the ... uh... water bath... but there's smoke powder in the steak seasoning? 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,432
    Wooderson said:

Beef ribs with a beef reduction gravy,  sweet potato paired with a pear and arugula salad
    Aint that Purdy !!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    ColbyLang said:

Simple beginnings of a rice and gravy. My 8 year old has the flu and requested I cook. 
    Funny, my great friend from SLA and I were just talking about him bringing a rice and gravy dish to a company Pot Luck in a couple weeks.    
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,125
    After a longer than expected hiatus due to surgery this summer and a new table build, my egg is operational again. 

I did some pork belly burnt ends. They turned out delicious but I’d probably choose a different sauce next time. 
    Way to get back into the game!!

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,485
    @Thatgrimguy - that looks like A5 marbling in that steak-regardless, that beef is great eats (in small amounts). 
    Beauty on that crab cake-home made or sourced?
    Talk about a banquet and a Thursday as well.  I can only imagine the weekend.  Wow, just Wow!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    lousubcap said:
    @Thatgrimguy - that looks like A5 marbling in that steak-regardless, that beef is great eats (in small amounts). 
    Beauty on that crab cake-home made or sourced?
    Talk about a banquet and a Thursday as well.  I can only imagine the weekend.  Wow, just Wow!
    Homemade crab cakes, That was the best steak I’ve ever had. I went in to buy a heritage breed turkey and this guy was staring at me. $50. Had to have it.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • lousubcap
    Impressive work on that crab cake.  Quite a talent right there. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    This just in….DoorDash… commence the fodder.   

I mean, I know a MENSA card is not mandatory to be a driver but to intentionally (or stupidly, jury still out) drive 20 mins out of the way..and then blame it on almost being dark.    

Guess Google Maps only works during sunlight hours.   🤷‍♂️

not mad, just find it comical.    

The stupid stuff we have grown to tolerate is amazing.    
  • @SamIAm2 - yeah baby!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 395
    just me and the boy tonight so surf and turf seemed appropriate!

St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • lousubcap
    You and your boy know how to take maximum advantage of the window of opportunity. Great looking eats right there.  He is lucky!
  • @lousubcap

Looks like you’ve been working on your photography skills. 🙂 Very nice presentation and colours on that pan. The grills of the SM in the background really tease (as does the green grass). 
  • TechsasJim
    Did 4 Nilgai steaks tonight but no pics bc it was a celebratory evening and didn’t have any phones near us.   

SIL shot it 2 weeks ago and just returned from the processor.   Leanest cut I’ve ever cooked.  
  • TechsasJim
    Trying out a bone in ribeye on the BS.   

• TechsasJim

• Lamb chops, sous vide carrots and mashed potatoes for tWife’s birthday. Over cooked the lamb chops a little but unbelievably good.