Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 417
    CPFC1905 said:

You know water, right?  It freezes at zero and boils at 100.  Why have a system that starts at a random number?
    Why use a numbering system that relies on water?

Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Corv said:
    CPFC1905 said:

You know water, right?  It freezes at zero and boils at 100.  Why have a system that starts at a random number?
    Why use a numbering system that relies on water?

And varies according to altitude?
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    Love lasagna and that cheese. That looks delicious that cheese right on right on

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    $$ shot tells the story right there.  Great comfort food on a refreshing night. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 417
    Yummy, yummy!
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • lousubcap
    However you get there, it's a winner.  Yes sir.  Great cook.
    I remove the bones prior to the cook (separate endeavor).  Two day dry brine. I run around 250*F for the entire cook til around 125*F in the center, then torch the roast for the crust.  I'm on the clock for that cook on 12/25 along with a maple/bourbon ham.  Can't wait.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Some folks live dangerously, lol
    Seriously though, that's one good looking noodle dish, love the seaweed touch. Is that shoyu egg?

The pork shoulder I'm defrosting is more matured than your noodles though  ;)

canuckland
  • lousubcap
    @Canugghead - great ribs but the star of the post is the arrival of your grand child.  Congrats to Mom, Dad and the star.
    Spoil 'em all as I am sure you do and will continue.  

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Thanks @lousubcap, much appreciated. Yes we are suckers too!
    canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,796
    Some folks live dangerously, lol
    Seriously though, that's one good looking noodle dish, love the seaweed touch. Is that shoyu egg?

The pork shoulder I'm defrosting is more matured than your noodles though  ;)

Good eye, Sir! I didn't even notice that :smile: Not a shoyu egg... 8 min egg that I found in the fridge.

And, congrats again for the birth of the newest member of the CanuggClan. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,946
    lousubcap said:
    However you get there, it's a winner.  Yes sir.  Great cook.
    I remove the bones prior to the cook (separate endeavor).  Two day dry brine. I run around 250*F for the entire cook til around 125*F in the center, then torch the roast for the crust.  I'm on the clock for that cook on 12/25 along with a maple/bourbon ham.  Can't wait.
    Noted.  With thanks. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    I've seen this stuff for ages, never tried it before.  Just browned 1 onion, 2 garlic, 2 potatoes, 2 carrots, two celery and a pkg of stew beef in a large pot, 5 cups water, then when potatoes are tender add one block of this Japanese Curry (look like large bouillon cubes).  Made a smooth gravy, it was okay over rice.  The pkg said "Medium Hot", it had no heat whatsoever.  
    And I have no idea where the "Vermont" name comes from.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• bubbajack said:
    Shout out to @northGAcock , 1st pies of the year!

Just got around to making some pecan pies for some local friends and neighbors. Cheers @bubbajack

This one made me weak in the knees. I have baked on the BGE several times, but not recently. That looks great. 
  • TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    dbCooper said:
    I think @Toast or @TheToast is in the UK too.  Hard to say, those folks are kinda flighty.  🙂
    I’d not logged onto this forum in MONTHS. Decided to tonight on a whim and surprised to find I was tagged in a post just 2 days ago

Hi everyone. Hope you’ve had a good year
  • bubbajack said:
    Shout out to @northGAcock , 1st pies of the year!

Just got around to making some pecan pies for some local friends and neighbors. Cheers @bubbajack

Looks great!!  Hope you and family doing well my friend.. Cheers!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    Prime rib roast on the BGE right now.    Pretty dumb as I’m not feeding anyone, just felt like throwing something on the egg.   

That's my kinda dumb.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    Ribeye.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Prime rib roast on the BGE right now.    Pretty dumb as I’m not feeding anyone, just felt like throwing something on the egg.   

Worst case scenario - you slice up and vac seal.  I see no stupidity here, only winning.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    SamIAm2 said:
    Ribeye.
    I gotta ask what America is thinking. Why did you choose the Meater here? 
  • SamIAm2 said:
    Ribeye.
    1/2 inch?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 said:
    Ribeye.
    I gotta ask what America is thinking. Why did you choose the Meater here? 
    @DoubleEgger - just plain lazy. Was busy with other stuff and the alarm worked just fine to alert me. @John - didn't measure it but yeah, it was thin and a fast cook.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • lousubcap
    Clearly much more than a 1/2" inch.  Go long or go home!  Girth for the win.
  • SamIAm2
    Cleaned out the large, added Rockwood charcoal and some of their Pecan wood chunks. Large is getting close to 350 degrees so into the kitchen to get the thawed, young Amish, 16.99 lb turkey ready. They only put the neck inside and I didn't want to deal with it; used to cook it, remove the meat and add it to some rice for my egging neighbor's dog but not this time.

@DoubleEgger - will not be using the Meater for the cook; old guy going old school. This is not the only turkey for our annual family get together so the finished amount of meat won't be an issue. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.