Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now? Mk2

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    edited June 2020
    @johnincarolina kids are at the ex's.  symptoms are rolling around and now in her chest but she is at home and needs to check back in seven days from now for a retest. been trying to get ahold of her since last week but she has been sleeping all day and coughing all night. always been hard to get ahold of her and thought nothing of it til a 3am email last night
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    lkapigian said:
    sister tested positive, dammit
    Stay strong and Positive .Lindas mom is in a nursing home in Wyoming, she tested positive 3 weeks ago and so far is asymptomatic. She is already fragile and fortunately it has not affected her

There was a nurse that tested positive and as a precaution they tested all the patients 

hope she stays that way. those science guys in the cdc really blew it with the nursing homes. they are a wreck in my area.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,041
    @johnincarolina kids are at the ex's.  symptoms are rolling around and now in her chest but she is at home and needs to check back in seven days from now for a retest. been trying to get ahold of her since last week but she has been sleeping all day and coughing all night. always been hard to get ahold of her and thought nothing of it til a 3am email last night
    Ok man.  I hope it doesn't become too serious for her.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,174
    Oh man, sorry to hear that.  Hopefully everything stays manageable.  Good sign they sent her home.  A friend had it, and they sent him home also, symptoms were not severe enough for hospital stay and they recommended supportive care at home.  He is fine now.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    So sorry to hear that @fishlessman
    Praying for her. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,056
    lkapigian said:
    Stay strong and Positive .Lindas mom is in a nursing home in Wyoming, she tested positive 3 weeks ago and so far is asymptomatic. She is already fragile and fortunately it has not affected her

There was a nurse that tested positive and as a precaution they tested all the patients 

hope she stays that way. those science guys in the cdc really blew it with the nursing homes. they are a wreck in my area.
    our area as well, the little county I live in,nursing homes account for the majority of cases , all homes owned by the same company 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    From experience locally- days 6-8 are the point when people susceptible to a downturn usually begin to see problems.  If they make it through this period it’s usually a good sign. Best wishes to her- 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Listening to my favorite new Podcast ... Skeptoid

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    Made philly cheesteaks for the fam. They did not suck. 6 year old daughter didn’t want one on bread, what a friggin weirdo.

Looks great. What kind of buns are those? I have a hard time finding quality hoagies around here. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    Listening to my favorite new Podcast ... Skeptoid
    Just subscribed.  Thanks!
    Not a felon
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    Light duty sucks. Had to hire a yard man for the interim and can’t do **** at work. Healing up, just not as fast as I used to
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Sorry to hear @fishlessman Thoughts and prayers are with her.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Wishing for a speedy recovery for your sister @fishlessman
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    @fishlessman

Hoping for a very speedy recovery, and the family stays safe. From what I understand, at this point, she should be able to recover without much more discomfort.

Keeping her and you in our thoughts.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    SonVolt said:
    Made philly cheesteaks for the fam. They did not suck. 6 year old daughter didn’t want one on bread, what a friggin weirdo.

Looks great. What kind of buns are those? I have a hard time finding quality hoagies around here. 
    St. Pierre brioche hoagie rolls.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    ColbyLang said:
    Light duty sucks. Had to hire a yard man for the interim and can’t do **** at work. Healing up, just not as fast as I used to
    @ColbyLang wait til the reality of advancing years aka getting friggin old becomes the no escape clause.  My "hire someone" expenses have gone thru the roof.  The inability to climb ladders is the true nail in the coffin for me.  Getting some bionic surgery soon and that may help mitigate the friggin frustration.  But gravity and the age factor still loom large.   B)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I love your white bean chicken chile @YukonRon fantastic.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YukonRon
    JRWhitee said:
    I love your white bean chicken chile @YukonRon fantastic.

Thank you for the kind words. It is comfort food for me and pretty healthy too.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Cooking bacon and sharing my drink with a fly.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    He won't drink much.   =)

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    Worried about him digesting the alcohol before I eat him.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,610
    Botch said:
    But what if he pees in the pool?
  • YukonRon
    Botch said:
    But what if he pees in the pool?
    It adds protein. Makes it even more healthy.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,809
    That looks marvelous, @FarmingPD!
    Stillwater, MN
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 847
    @StillH2OEgger thanks - it hit the spot after a day of getting myself sunburnt at the beach