Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now? Mk2

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Any idea if the Buffalo is working from home and might be the uncommon one not stuck on endless conference calls.   It gives him lots of time for target acquired, target destroyed drills. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,056
    edited June 2020
    SonVolt said:
    Shouldn't a hardcore conservative champion free market ideals that value the freedom of private citizens doing as they please with their own property? 
    so long as those freedoms don't infringe on others freedoms, create urban blight  absolutely 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,041
    lkapigian said:
    SonVolt said:
    Shouldn't a hardcore conservative champion free market ideals that value the freedom of private citizens doing as they please with their own property? 
    so long as those freedoms don't infringe on others freedoms, create urban blight  absolutely 
    That’s the rub, isn’t it?  Figuring out the line where one person exercising their freedoms starts to impinge on another’s.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444

Watching my instacart order being fulfilled and eating lunch while on a conference call.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    lkapigian said:
    SonVolt said:
    That’s the rub, isn’t it?  Figuring out the line where one person exercising their freedoms starts to impinge on another’s.
    My issue comes into play with the safety of my children and the role this plays in decreasing my property values. If I can’t enjoy the property I own due to their shenanigans, how are their rights more important than mine? Is it by land size? I own exactly 32% of the block whereas they own 12%. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,343
    Curry from last night, no Egg participation.  Packaged sauce mix, stir fried onions/carrots/eggplant, then added tofu.  Served with rice:

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian said:
    SonVolt said:
    That is correct, and with common sense and courtesy is not that difficult for non self centered people with a genuine concern with their surroundings.....
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    ColbyLang said:
    House in question is a 1300 sq foot 3 bed 2 bath that gets a whopping $120 a night. In the last 12 months we’ve had a wedding, a Lifetime network movie filmed, countless baby showers, numerous parties and a whole slew of guests. Parking is non-existent. We filed complaints, called the police, even got them served with a letter of abatement. Response from the city government is to allow it with a blanket approval. This coming on the day we were supposed to have our face to face meeting with planning and zoning, legal and the city council. We now have until Monday at 5 to form an argument to try and dissuade it from passing. 
    Good grief!   :o  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    ColbyLang said:
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Waging war against our city/parish government planning zoning commission. Been fighting them about Air B and B/VRBO in our community. Meeting Monday night to approve their amendment to our development code. I hate this crap
    Me as well, Newsom wiped out single family zoning in California 

In CA you can now divide a home into 3 ( including garage conversions ) and rent out as individual units with no on site owner..." To battle the housing crisis" he says.

I one house across the street from me they average 30 families each month, so I have 30 new neighbors to deal with ...that's just one house 
    House in question is a 1300 sq foot 3 bed 2 bath that gets a whopping $120 a night. In the last 12 months we’ve had a wedding, a Lifetime network movie filmed, countless baby showers, numerous parties and a whole slew of guests. Parking is non-existent. We filed complaints, called the police, even got them served with a letter of abatement. Response from the city government is to allow it with a blanket approval. This coming on the day we were supposed to have our face to face meeting with planning and zoning, legal and the city council. We now have until Monday at 5 to form an argument to try and dissuade it from passing. 

house next to me has been mostly abandoned since 1989, just a racoon family in there now, its so quiet =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Waging war against our city/parish government planning zoning commission. Been fighting them about Air B and B/VRBO in our community. Meeting Monday night to approve their amendment to our development code. I hate this crap
    Me as well, Newsom wiped out single family zoning in California 

In CA you can now divide a home into 3 ( including garage conversions ) and rent out as individual units with no on site owner..." To battle the housing crisis" he says.

I one house across the street from me they average 30 families each month, so I have 30 new neighbors to deal with ...that's just one house 

house next to me has been mostly abandoned since 1989, just a racoon family in there now, its so quiet =)
    I’m jealous 
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    We've enjoyed watching the steady decomposition and wildlife parade in one of our neighboring houses for a while now. Last owner died 10 years ago, and the daughter refuses to sell lest her gay brother gets his share. Borough can make her cut the grass out front, but the rest of the yard is wild meadow and mosquito farm. It's lovely. Renters might be an improvement, at least to the extent of evicting the wildlife.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,174
    Neighbors are much easier to deal with when you can't see or hear them.
    100% agree.  All I see of my neighbors are their gates.  Perfect for me.

Although, I am worried about the vacant land next to me.  Perfect for a high density neighborhood.  Currently trying to figure out how to buy it.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497
    Just finished this. Quick read. Highly recommend.

Las Vegas, NV

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Just finished this. Quick read. Highly recommend.

I'll have to give this one a shot. Perfect Storm was a great read as well. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Neighbors are much easier to deal with when you can't see or hear them.
    100% agree.  All I see of my neighbors are their gates.  Perfect for me.

Although, I am worried about the vacant land next to me.  Perfect for a high density neighborhood.  Currently trying to figure out how to buy it.
    I have a standing offer on the 20 behind me but my buddy does not need the $$ and should outlive me. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SonVolt said:
    Sure, unless the free market is all free-marketing next door to where you live, I guess.

One of my neighbors across the street have a big old house that is outfitted with a zillion bunk beds.  They host a retreat for some unknown Christian denomination of teens, usually from Texas. 

So periodically, a bus rolls in and some truck with a trailer and park where they can (parking is tight because hardly any houses here have off-street parking or garages). 

There's typically 20 kids milling about, throwing footballs and singing kumbaya on the front porch.

It's super annoying to me and just about everyone around here, but we tolerate it and don't call the city.  I have yelled at them when they're throwing footballs and they're nailing cars on the congested street.  Chances of them owning up to a big dent in a car are asymptotically close to zero.

I'm guessing the promise rings fall off quick when in New Orleans.

@nolaegghead have you ever joined them for a Bible study?
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColbyLang
    One of my neighbors across the street have a big old house that is outfitted with a zillion bunk beds.  They host a retreat for some unknown Christian denomination of teens, usually from Texas. 

So periodically, a bus rolls in and some truck with a trailer and park where they can (parking is tight because hardly any houses here have off-street parking or garages). 

There's typically 20 kids milling about, throwing footballs and singing kumbaya on the front porch.

It's super annoying to me and just about everyone around here, but we tolerate it and don't call the city.  I have yelled at them when they're throwing footballs and they're nailing cars on the congested street.  Chances of them owning up to a big dent in a car are asymptotically close to zero.

I'm guessing the promise rings fall off quick when in New Orleans.

NOLA put a huge stick in the spokes for short term rentals. So much that’s it’s dropped off nearly 80%. Baton Rouge did the same thing in Spanish Town. Your commercial enterprise has no business (pun intended) being in my residential neighborhood. We aren’t zoned mixed use. 
  • Just finished this. Quick read. Highly recommend.

Will have to check it out. War was a pretty damn good read as well. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,610
    Paid off my credit card then went to btleighs.com. It turns out that they were running free shipping over $10. That zero balance lasted 5 minutes. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Cooking my dad's 75th birthday dinner of burgers and dogs on this dinosaur! Seems sacrilegious...or fitting actually. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lkapigian
    Cooking my dad's 75th birthday dinner of burgers and dogs on this dinosaur! Seems sacrilegious...or fitting actually. 

Happy Birthday Dad !!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,809

The classic Weber gassers have my respect. They still get the job done.
    Stillwater, MN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Grease burgers.  

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Fellows I have been out of action for a while. With that said, what happened to the original thread?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColbyLang
    SGH said:
    Fellows I have been out of action for a while. With that said, what happened to the original thread?
    Man, you missed an epic crash and burn!