Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now? Mk2

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @CPFC1905 I would hope those sheep would connect the dots and look at your new girlfriend with an eye of concern as a potential final resting place.  Behave or else.
    Made zucchini soup for lunch.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Searching for a 90 day rental house/cabin in the North Georgia Mountains. Clayton-ish.  So tired of looking at vrbo and abnb.  Anybody know anybody?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,173
    CPFC1905 said:
    We move from 'mission move' to 'project restart'.

SWMBO greeted the event with   'Are you a bit happier now your girlfriend is here?'.    I felt that wasn't the time to say,  'I have just spent £200 on an Eggspander and plancha, too - as if she wasn't gorgeous enough already'.

Once things properly get underway I hope to send another image of the sheep watching me over the fence.  Given they consumed SWMBO's new jasmine plants we left near the fence yesterday, I think she'll be chasing them about the field with a spring of mint quite soon. 
    Gorgeous view!!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,501
    HVAC guy just left. Condensate pump replacement and a general filter change/service/cleaning. The old Carrier checked out fine in this place.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,056
    ColtsFan said:
    HVAC guy just left. Condensate pump replacement and a general filter change/service/cleaning. The old Carrier checked out fine in this place.
    Why I'm a Proud Carrier Dealer 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    @fishlessman I've been away for a few days and sure didn't want to come back to your news.

Stay safe out there, and here's to a quick recovery...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @lkapigian I guess I never thought about it - how do you check the pH of the solid, sealed sausage?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lkapigian
    edited June 2020
    SciAggie said:
    @lkapigian I guess I never thought about it - how do you check the pH of the solid, sealed sausage?
    @Sciaggie Keep a sample out in cling wrap 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Nikki888
    Nikki888 Posts: 3
    Glad to see this thread come back! As others have said the “what are you doing right now” was one of my favorites! 

Made some Hawaiian bread dusted with sugar because why not.

I have also been getting frustrated with my top dome bands. Reached out to the mother ship a few days ago.

Hello!
    How are you?:) can I ask, why sugar on the bread..? (I have IR, so I am so picky on this topic) What kind of flour did you use? Maybe that is why you added the sugar?

And thread-related: 

I am currently at work, after lunch, this is day is equal to zero, most of the ppl are in home office and this a shame that the front reception should be open, and I have to sit here long hours!!! there is no work which I couldn't do from home!!! BTW I resigned last week..
    So now I am surfing the net for recipes, forums :) , and reading jokes to keep me entertained :D I share you one, if you also bored: https://www.jokestjokes.com/Eggs_and_Answers
  • Nikki888
    Nikki888 Posts: 3
    I’m not much of a baker, but finishing off the last piece of this tonight- Kentucky Derby chocolate pie 

OMG it look delicius!!! I would eat it right now? What is in it? 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    Waging war against our city/parish government planning zoning commission. Been fighting them about Air B and B/VRBO in our community. Meeting Monday night to approve their amendment to our development code. I hate this crap
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    I haven't been keeping up - you're for or against Air BnB? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Interesting article.

likely based on some made up BS, but congrats, @RRP Peoria made the cut...

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColbyLang
    SonVolt said:
    I haven't been keeping up - you're for or against Air BnB? 
    Against. It has its places and uses such as high rise condos on the beach where there are no permanent tenants. Has no place in my neighborhood where they don’t background check for sexual predators and there’s no regulation over occupancy. We’re also a mere 300 feet from a public school 
  • lkapigian
    edited June 2020
    ColbyLang said:
    Waging war against our city/parish government planning zoning commission. Been fighting them about Air B and B/VRBO in our community. Meeting Monday night to approve their amendment to our development code. I hate this crap
    Me as well, Newsom wiped out single family zoning in California 

In CA you can now divide a home into 3 ( including garage conversions ) and rent out as individual units with no on site owner..." To battle the housing crisis" he says.

I one house across the street from me they average 30 families each month, so I have 30 new neighbors to deal with ...that's just one house 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:

In CA you can now divide a home into 3 ( including garage conversions ) and rent out as individual units with no on site owner..." To battle the housing crisis" he says.

I one house across the street from me they average 30 families each month, so I have 30 new neighbors to deal with ...that's just one house 
    House in question is a 1300 sq foot 3 bed 2 bath that gets a whopping $120 a night. In the last 12 months we’ve had a wedding, a Lifetime network movie filmed, countless baby showers, numerous parties and a whole slew of guests. Parking is non-existent. We filed complaints, called the police, even got them served with a letter of abatement. Response from the city government is to allow it with a blanket approval. This coming on the day we were supposed to have our face to face meeting with planning and zoning, legal and the city council. We now have until Monday at 5 to form an argument to try and dissuade it from passing. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Watching Paw Patrol...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lkapigian
    edited June 2020
    ColbyLang said:
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:

House in question is a 1300 sq foot 3 bed 2 bath that gets a whopping $120 a night. In the last 12 months we’ve had a wedding, a Lifetime network movie filmed, countless baby showers, numerous parties and a whole slew of guests. Parking is non-existent. We filed complaints, called the police, even got them served with a letter of abatement. Response from the city government is to allow it with a blanket approval. This coming on the day we were supposed to have our face to face meeting with planning and zoning, legal and the city council. We now have until Monday at 5 to form an argument to try and dissuade it from passing. 
    I Think you are in Ca, good luck...I have been getting results through the Code Department , took pictures of the AirBnb Website showing how the house was remodeled without Permits

Our County has an ordinance, that prohibits the weddings and such, the city is drafting one now, unfortunately AB68 is   Lets Triplex California in Single Family Neighborhoods 

Complain to the AirBnB repeatedly and relentlessly about that address, they will Lose the "Super Host" Status 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497
    Watching Paw Patrol...
    Caution...the other was sunk with the quickness.
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,041
    Watching Paw Patrol...
    Caution...the other was sunk with the quickness.
    Brand new threads seem to be getting an extra set of eyes these days.  The nola-squirrel one from last night was sunk almost immediately.  

All that is to say, I don't think this one is in much danger, at least not as long as Lit stays away...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:

I Think you are in Ca, good luck...I have been getting results through the Code Department , took pictures of the AirBnb Website showing how the house was remodeled without Permits

Our County has an ordinance, that prohibits the weddings and such, the city is drafting one now, unfortunately AB68 is   Lets Triplex California in Single Family Neighborhoods 

Complain to the AirBnB repeatedly and relentlessly about that address, they will Lose the "Super Host" Status 

Louisiana here. Problem is the city/parish is trying to be “forward thinking and all inclusive”. That’s great, this ain’t Austin, Texas or anything near San Francisco. They added bike lanes everywhere that tie up traffic and even had Bird scooters for a few months until they were deemed illegal. Enough is enough. You want to buy a rental and put a long term tenant in it, be my guest. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    edited June 2020
    Shouldn't a hardcore conservative champion free market ideals that value the freedom of private citizens doing as they please with their own property? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave