Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now? Mk2

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    SonVolt said:
    2 Pork Butts costs me $84 at Publix over the weekend. Ho Lee Shiz, what is up with pork prices lately...
    It’s all meat not just pork. SRF Briskets start at like $200 now. That’s too d@mn rich for my blood unless it’s a super special occasion. They were about $130 back in January and even then I had to bite my lip and press order submit. In February I bought a 12lb pork butt for $18, now that same one is $40
    In SRF defense their black start at $209 because all they have left is the 20+ pounders.  I ordered (2) 14-16 pounders at $149/each (before the discount).
    Oh, I just clicked on briskets and saw they start at $209 so I figured it was for the 9lb ones. My bad. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    SRF brisket prices have not moved but as noted above, their supply has been heavily depleted.  Since they are a cradle to grave operation they have not jacked the prices yet-but I can't imagine them not reacting to the heavy demand.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,809

i should get the easypass but have been lazy about it, the cash line last summer was actually quicker, so i ask for 20 one dollar bills now each week to keep them on hand
    But that's not enough to make it rain.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    SonVolt said:
    2 Pork Butts costs me $84 at Publix over the weekend. Ho Lee Shiz, what is up with pork prices lately...
    I grabbed a pork shoulder at Publix this weekend for 99 cents a pound 
    Jacksonville FL
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,212
    Dammit.  I've been diving down the fermented sausage rabbit-hole and the main ingredient is pork.  Could I have found a worse time to get into pork sausage?  Probably not.

It sounds similar to baking ingredients right now. Every place locally is sold out of active dry yeast. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Dammit.  I've been diving down the fermented sausage rabbit-hole and the main ingredient is pork.  Could I have found a worse time to get into pork sausage?  Probably not.

That has arrested by fall down this particular rabbit hole as well. I’m kind of high centered at the moment. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    In other news I realized about 4:30 this afternoon that pretty much all the work I’ve done since about 1:30 is fundamentally flawed and I have to redo it. 
    Oh well, nothing wine and time won’t fix...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    My meat guy‘s briskets went from $2.99/lb to $6.59/lb for prime.  

Yikes

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,056
    SciAggie said:

That has arrested by fall down this particular rabbit hole as well. I’m kind of high centered at the moment. 
    Cushion is still pretty cheap as most people don't know what to do with it
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,056
    lkapigian said:
    Smoked Red Bellpeppers 48 hours for sweet smoked paprika ...goi g to use in a Mild Spanish Dried Chorizo 

Put my spice blend together , will by hand cutting and stuffing tomorrow 1.9 kg is all...this has my homemade granulated garlic , hoping it's as good as the last Chorizo I did minus the heat 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SciAggie
    @lkapigian Dude, you’re my hero. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    SciAggie said:
    Consolation prize - made pizza from leftovers.Rob’s BBQ sauce, Prime brisket, caramelized onions, pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, Chuy’s sauce, and cilantro.

You just took a commanding lead! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SciAggie
    @Botch That’s funny. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    SciAggie said:
    In other news I realized about 4:30 this afternoon that pretty much all the work I’ve done since about 1:30 is fundamentally flawed and I have to redo it. 
    Oh well, nothing wine and time won’t fix...
    @ SciAggie- Who would even venture to raise a challenge?  Hopefully not SWMBO and a critique of your incredible outdoor adult playground.  Dang- 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    @lousubcap Ah, it’s not a big deal. I’m doing some work for school and I screwed up some work I was doing. Totally my fault and not a big deal other than having to redo the work. Life is like that. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited June 2020
    True story, so earlier my daughter grabbed a Kings Hawaiian roll out of the bread box and ran off with it. My daughter is six years old. So she came back into the room shortly after that and she didn’t have the roll in her hand. At that point I said “sweetheart where is your king Hawaiian roll?” she proceeded to pull it out of her pants and then I uttered possibly one of the single greatest dad joke one liners in the history of dad jokes and I said “oh my God sweetheart don’t put that down there you’ll get a yeast infection“ my daughter obviously didn’t get it, but my wife might have peed her pants a little   :D  :D

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    Botch said:

I've been drooling at all your crawfish boils (which I can't even get here frozen) for years.  Kwitcherbellyaching!  

:tongue:  
    What if I told you you can get live crawfish where you live? 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Should probably be in the What are you buying thread, but this is what I did.
    So police attention IS drawn to red vehicles!!
    Sweet ride! Congrats. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Sat and ate at Santa Catarina in Lakeway.  I had the taquitos dorados with chipotle, wife had fajita nachos. Both of us had a couple skinny, spicey Mexican martinis. First sit down meal since early March and we blew $50 on booze. I'll say, my stomach is no longer used to restaurant portion sizes, especially with chips and salsa served. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,171
    Sat and ate at Santa Catarina in Lakeway.  I had the taquitos dorados with chipotle, wife had fajita nachos. Both of us had a couple skinny, spicey Mexican martinis. First sit down meal since early March and we blew $50 on booze. I'll say, my stomach is no longer used to restaurant portion sizes, especially with chips and salsa served. 

I agree on restraunt portions.  The thing that got me the most was the salt though.  My pallet got used to low sodium eats.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,657
    Reading how our friends across the pond fight the coronavirus... 

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    Dobie said:
    SonVolt said:
    I grabbed a pork shoulder at Publix this weekend for 99 cents a pound 

Lucky. We were visiting family in Chattanooga and it was selling at $4/lb. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035

Big Mike in Morehead fishing the Big Rock. 
    They are hooked up now! Along with a ton of other boats. Listening to VHF channel trying to avoid work
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer