Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,284
    lkapigian said:
    looks like they discontinued spam spread.......can life go on.  probably still have a few cans in one of my back packs, a national treasure
    Easily homemade 
    Blended spam in a food processor doesn't seem to work, french Gorton works better with red dye number five but is better on white with mustard. Neither one is easily backpacked for years before pulling the lid. If you like spam spread, try a homemade Gorton (however the french are spelling it this year)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,092
    lkapigian said:
    looks like they discontinued spam spread.......can life go on.  probably still have a few cans in one of my back packs, a national treasure
    Easily homemade 
    Blended spam in a food processor doesn't seem to work, french Gorton works better with red dye number five but is better on white with mustard. Neither one is easily backpacked for years before pulling the lid. If you like spam spread, try a homemade Gorton (however the french are spelling it this year)
    Making homemade spam is a reasonable project pork shoulder ham and spices 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • REB17
    REB17 Posts: 161
    Can’t imagine a world where homemade Spam is a necessary  skill. 
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,771
    lkapigian said:
    Easily homemade 
    Cretons? Nowhere near the taste of spam 😳

paqman said:
    lkapigian said:
    Easily homemade 
    Cretons? Nowhere near the taste of spam 😳

Another spelling😁 triple the salt, add three times the salt, add red dye for a span  but it's not nearly the same. The french in lower New England call it Gorton. Cheap white bread and Frenches mustard is what I grew up with. Oh and drop the allspice. I make my own Gorton from time to time and buy it at the local butcher when I need a fix. Best to make the sandwich and leave it at room temp wrapped for a few hours😁
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,380

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • paqman
    @fishlessman

Yes, cheap white bread and mustard!  The traditional recipes I know are based on a mix of white pepper, mace, clove, and cinnamon!  I have made them with allspice too, but I prefer the traditional mix.

paqman said:
    @fishlessman

Yes, cheap white bread and mustard!  The traditional recipes I know are based on a mix of white pepper, mace, clove, and cinnamon!  I have made them with allspice too, but I prefer the traditional mix.
    Hmmm, mace, the spicy eye-watering ingredient I didn’t know I needed!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• paqman
    paqman said:
    @fishlessman

Hmmm, mace, the spicy eye-watering ingredient I didn’t know I needed!
    😂🤣

From Wikipedia: Mace is the spice made from the reddish seed covering (aril) of the nutmeg seed. Its flavour is similar to that of nutmeg but more delicate; it is used to flavour baked goods, meat, fish, and vegetables, and in preserving and pickling.

In the processing of mace, the crimson-colored aril is removed from the nutmeg seed that it envelops and is flattened out and dried for 10 to 14 days. Its color changes to pale yellow, orange, or tan.

I am currently scything through Yorkshire, having safely traversed the great Lincolnshire plains that are home to @eoin (lately of this Parish) heading towards the land of thistle munching porridge-mongers.  More curiously I am travelling on a thing called a train. It's quite like a plane, but nearer the ground and spelt different. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,822
    lkapigian said:

You met one of the best men in BBQ. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,815
    lkapigian said:

Where is the topper 🎩 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,520
    Awesome! Matt is a great guy. So are you, Larry! Lol
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,296
    Packaging chicken.  Buy it on manager’s special at Krogers..  Package in chamber dealer bags.  Instant farmer’s market profit.  Grass fed, free range, antibiotic and hormone free, sweet lullabies every night chicken.  $22.99l/lb.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,030
    I'm looking forward to @CPFC1905's weekly soccer update tomorrow morning.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,520
    Spent most of the day on a TAC call. By the time we wrapped up, it was 3AM on Friday for my engineer. He’s in Australia. Lol
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,958

As an underwhelming international break slips mercifully in to the forgotten mists of time, we have PL Game Week 8 upon us. How your hearts must skip at that news, am I right?  As far as the standings go, Fulham and Forest seem abnormally high, West Ham and Man Utd in the bottom half is a bit wonky as well.

Saturday

Spurs v West Ham, genuinely anyones guess. A nil all draw is the remotest outcome, let’s say five goals in the game and 3-2 is my least inaccurate suggestion.

Fulham v Villa, unexpectedly appetising with just three points between these two and very similar form so far.  Villa may pay for the Euro mid-week games later in the season and fall away,  but right now it’s happy days all-around and particularly for the Cottagers 1-1

Ipswich v Everton, should be 17th v 18th but the less-than mighty Eagles are propping up both these teams. The Tractor boys will have this card marked for a big three points, so 1-0

Man Utd v Brentford, other than sacking many staff it’s unclear what Offshore Jim has brought to the Old Trafford party - certainly not a decent football team.  Prickly encounter this for Utd as the Bees will smell blood. 1-2

Newcastle v Brighton, one defeat apiece so far tells you this be a tight affair.  Toon never quite delivering on their promise and the filthy fetid wretched rotten Seagulls still too far up the table - mainly due to the Illuminate. 3-2

Southampton v Leicester, the foxes being five points the better of these two newly promoted teams gives you a fair steer on who’s looking most likely to stay-up already.   Things not working at all well for the Saints and a spirit crushing home defeat here is a real risk. 0-1

Bournemouth v Arsenal, looking good but not making it look easy the Gunners are very close to being top again.  Don’t see an upse,t but it will be narrow, 1-2

Sunday

Wolves v Man City, 0-4

Liverpool v Chelsea, now then - a lip smacker on offer here. Chaos theory has very much swung in favour of The Chels’ and things are going well. The Reds surmount the table in no small part due to their miserly defence.  And I reckon that’s the point of difference between these two. 2-0

Monday 

Notes Forest v Palace, as our dear old friend Colonel Kurz would say,  the horror, the horror.  An abysmal start to the season for the mighty Eagles and a negative outcome will bring severe pressure on Oli G’ -presently helming the ailing vessel. Demonstrable improvement in the next three games or his Inbox will contain the dreaded ‘we thank you for your efforts’ message. 1-1, please.

OK, so a fine array of matches to engage you while I go off to celebrate UK inflation being below 2%. That is until the temporary 5 pence per litre fuel subsidy from the Govt ends and all the costs go back up, next month. Biting political satire for you there.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,507
    Feels like 29? Excuse me. I think the Vegas weather is drunk. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Foghorn
    edited October 18
    CPFC1905 said:

As an underwhelming international break slips mercifully in to the forgotten mists of time, we have PL Game Week 8 upon us. How your hearts must skip at that news, am I right?  As far as the standings go, Fulham and Forest seem abnormally high, West Ham and Man Utd in the bottom half is a bit wonky as well.

Saturday

Spurs v West Ham, genuinely anyones guess. A nil all draw is the remotest outcome, let’s say five goals in the game and 3-2 is my least inaccurate suggestion.

Fulham v Villa, unexpectedly appetising with just three points between these two and very similar form so far.  Villa may pay for the Euro mid-week games later in the season and fall away,  but right now it’s happy days all-around and particularly for the Cottagers 1-1

Ipswich v Everton, should be 17th v 18th but the less-than mighty Eagles are propping up both these teams. The Tractor boys will have this card marked for a big three points, so 1-0

Man Utd v Brentford, other than sacking many staff it’s unclear what Offshore Jim has brought to the Old Trafford party - certainly not a decent football team.  Prickly encounter this for Utd as the Bees will smell blood. 1-2

Newcastle v Brighton, one defeat apiece so far tells you this be a tight affair.  Toon never quite delivering on their promise and the filthy fetid wretched rotten Seagulls still too far up the table - mainly due to the Illuminate. 3-2

Southampton v Leicester, the foxes being five points the better of these two newly promoted teams gives you a fair steer on who’s looking most likely to stay-up already.   Things not working at all well for the Saints and a spirit crushing home defeat here is a real risk. 0-1

Bournemouth v Arsenal, looking good but not making it look easy the Gunners are very close to being top again.  Don’t see an upse,t but it will be narrow, 1-2

Sunday

Wolves v Man City, 0-4

Liverpool v Chelsea, now then - a lip smacker on offer here. Chaos theory has very much swung in favour of The Chels’ and things are going well. The Reds surmount the table in no small part due to their miserly defence.  And I reckon that’s the point of difference between these two. 2-0

Monday 

Notes Forest v Palace, as our dear old friend Colonel Kurz would say,  the horror, the horror.  An abysmal start to the season for the mighty Eagles and a negative outcome will bring severe pressure on Oli G’ -presently helming the ailing vessel. Demonstrable improvement in the next three games or his Inbox will contain the dreaded ‘we thank you for your efforts’ message. 1-1, please.

OK, so a fine array of matches to engage you while I go off to celebrate UK inflation being below 2%. That is until the temporary 5 pence per litre fuel subsidy from the Govt ends and all the costs go back up, next month. Biting political satire for you there.

All I can do is quote that so others have the opportunity to read it again and say "thank you" as I read this on a very early morning flight to San Francisco.

I should also let you know that when I post the copied portion above, my computer lets me know that you spelled "favor", "defense", and "liter" wrong.   =)

(edited after original post)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger
    @Foghorn if you get an opportunity, Bernal Cutlery is unbelievable. It’s on Valencia Street. 

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,214
    Getting the seasons first flurries
  • Foghorn
    Thanks @DoubleEgger!

My loving bride has been wanting a new paring knife and I have to get her something when I'm away for 5 days...

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Yes, @zaphod, after 31 years I think we're there.  With that said, I may pick up a Ghirardelli chocolate or two as well.

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,092
    Foghorn said:
    Yes, @zaphod, after 31 years I think we're there.  With that said, I may pick up a Ghirardelli chocolate or two as well.
    North Beach if you have time for sure … if you do Bars , the saloon in north beach opened in 1861 and is Friscos oldest bar, live entertainment ( not just the people) every afternoon, also La Rocca’s  Corner has some great history ….Powell street has really died off in recent years as well as Market … want a real taste of California, a trip to the Tenderloin off Powell 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,958
    Foghorn said:

All I can do is quote that so others have the opportunity to read it again and say "thank you" as I read this on a very early morning flight to San Francisco.

I should also let you know that when I post the copied portion above, my computer lets me know that you spelled "favor", "defense", and "liter" wrong.   =)

(edited after original post)
    How very thortfall of your computor.

My spelling, more precisely effort to check my spelling, is at best patchy - to which @JohnInCarolina will attest. 

• DoubleEgger
    Foghorn said:
    Thanks @DoubleEgger!

My loving bride has been wanting a new paring knife and I have to get her something when I'm away for 5 days...
    Don’t forget about the Wok Shop as well. 

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,651
    Just deleted FB from my phone. 
    Done. 
    Hold me to it!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI