Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,296
    nealmgb said:

Robert Cray Band 50 year anniversary tour.
    Nice!  Really enjoy his blues music.

@GrateEggspectations I almost choked on my tea when I looked at the keyboardist after your comment.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 236
    up here in Canada we get so excited about Thanksgiving that we can't wait until November, so it's this weekend. 

We are planning out the meal for tomorrow (rain eggspected on Monday, so a day early). My 10 year old daughter wants to do foccacia bread on the egg, and we'll pair that with roasted butternut squash, and we'll do a stuffed veggie roast called "the beast".  Pie will be done on the egg as we eat the mains. If timings work out, I'll remove the platesetter and pan fry the brussels sprouts with almonds immediately before serving and if timings don't they'll get done on the stove top.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • zaphod said:
    up here in Canada we get so excited about Thanksgiving that we can't wait until November, so it's this weekend. 

We are planning out the meal for tomorrow (rain eggspected on Monday, so a day early). My 10 year old daughter wants to do foccacia bread on the egg, and we'll pair that with roasted butternut squash, and we'll do a stuffed veggie roast called "the beast".  Pie will be done on the egg as we eat the mains. If timings work out, I'll remove the platesetter and pan fry the brussels sprouts with almonds immediately before serving and if timings don't they'll get done on the stove top.
    Pics of it didn’t happen. Happy Thanksgiving. 

We have other commitments precluding us from celebrating this year, so maybe I’ll have to play catch-up with a turkey a few weeks down the road instead. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,682
    @SGH - clearly saving for that island buy.  Or that is just the teaser-usually the appropriate post rig buy is some serious hardware like John Deere's or a Tesla  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,380
    Last peppers of the year, 2nd picking.  Frost/freeze advisories for the next few days so they got harvested.  Jalapenos had severe wind damage a few months back, so they have an excuse for not being ripe . . .

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,251
    cheering for the Mets
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,651
    cheering for the Mets
    Nothing left to cheer for here....

Well the lions did great today but I don't follow the NFL too much. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • @zaphod

Nicely done, and it looks like perfect fall weather to boot!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,824
    SGH said:
    Bought a new toy. 

My apologies for the trash can backdrop. 
    Can’t go wrong with a Stihl or John Deere

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SGH said:
    Bought a new toy. 

I thought the bins were for a demo. 😆
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,679
    SGH said:
    Bought a new toy. 

the "standard" one is freaking awesome..this one is Stage 3 with straight pipes..

It only needs a two step button B)
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Ozzie_Isaac
    billt01 said:
    SGH said:
    Bought a new toy. 

the "standard" one is freaking awesome..this one is Stage 3 with straight pipes..

It only needs a two step button B)
    Waiting for the shaving photos.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,284
    putting up the avacado fir christmas tree, a little late this year

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,092
    kl8ton said:
    Silky smooth, perfect bite, not hard, doesn’t stick to your teeth, ever so slight chew.  Each grain is perfectly separated, no clumping.  Took about 50 minutes at 10 degrees above the gelatinization temperature for long grain rice.  Didn’t realize how important time/temp is for rice.  Let the grain drive the cook!

I can't go down this rabbit hole!  I'm happy for you. 😀
    I’m clueless , sticky rice rabbit hole? 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    lkapigian said:
    kl8ton said:
    Silky smooth, perfect bite, not hard, doesn’t stick to your teeth, ever so slight chew.  Each grain is perfectly separated, no clumping.  Took about 50 minutes at 10 degrees above the gelatinization temperature for long grain rice.  Didn’t realize how important time/temp is for rice.  Let the grain drive the cook!

Rice-a -roni sandwich with ketchup on rye 😁 needs to be the real box though. Killer sandwich
    fukahwee maine

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,822
    lkapigian said:
    kl8ton said:

Rice-a -roni sandwich with ketchup on rye 😁 needs to be the real box though. Killer sandwich
    WTF is going on in Maine? 
  • fishlessman
    lkapigian said:
    kl8ton said:

So you don't like seeded rye....😁
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    lkapigian said:
    kl8ton said:

Suppose I won't share my favorite sandwich 😆well, spam spread, goobers, miricle whip, on an onion roll. Spam spread is hard to find....😁
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    lkapigian said:
    kl8ton said:

Suppose I won't share my favorite sandwich 😆well, spam spread, goobers, miricle whip, on an onion roll. Spam spread is hard to find....😁
    A blast from my past, is diced red and green bell peppers mixed in with spam.  Then spread on a piece of bread and all toasted together. In a small toaster over.  To this day, that thought makes my mouth water.  I have tried to recreate it and cannot get it right.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,822
    Few things in life are as satisfying as watching Aaron Rodgers throw an interception to lose a game. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian said:
    kl8ton said:

Reminds me of the spaghetti burritos I used to get high all the time ( no not last week )
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    kl8ton said:

Reminds me of the spaghetti burritos I used to get high all the time ( no not last week )
    Spaghetti Burritos?  Details please!  I am thinking spaghetti chimichanga might be life changing.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,251
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    kl8ton said:

Spaghetti Burritos?  Details please!  I am thinking spaghetti chimichanga might be life changing.
    WTF is going on in Arizona?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    kl8ton said:

Spaghetti with meat sauce, wrapped in a …. Done ( cheap Parmesan only on these )
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,679
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    kl8ton said:

Spaghetti with meat sauce, wrapped in a …. Done ( cheap Parmesan only on these )
    I see your Sketti-rito and chimghetti-anga..and raise you the Chili-to

Chili, Cheese, Cheddar, Jalapenos...wrapped on a floury tortilla blanket..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• fishlessman
    looks like they discontinued spam spread.......can life go on.  probably still have a few cans in one of my back packs, a national treasure
    fukahwee maine

• lkapigian
    looks like they discontinued spam spread.......can life go on.  probably still have a few cans in one of my back packs, a national treasure
    Easily homemade 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian