Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,380
    @SGH - You've been missed.  Welcome back!
    As for that extra mass, a bowtie instead of a blue oval will get you by.  As will orange instead of green out in the field.  😁
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,092
    Welcome Back Scottie!!

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Is everyone getting desktop on mobile phone? I don’t even see the option to switch anymore 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian said:
    Is everyone getting desktop on mobile phone? I don’t even see the option to switch anymore 
    Well that was strange, back now ….. move along, nothing to see here 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,682
    Welcome home and back on here.  That's a great pile of groceries to get started.
    Guess you have accumulated enough $$ to get your island... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,822
    Scottie turning down another tour of duty???

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,679
    SGH said:
    With a little luck that might have been the final ride. One can only hope 👍
    looking forward to the day when I can say that...TBD
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,122
    billt01 said:
    SGH said:
    With a little luck that might have been the final ride. One can only hope 👍
    looking forward to the day when I can say that...TBD
    I am sure you have heard that before…. Aaaaaaooooo
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,296
    Trying to perfect my San Francisco Treat, by cooking rice at the gelatanization temperature.  Made some last night and was disappointed because I think my cook temp was to high.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,104
    Watching my first game on TV of our new, poorly-named “Utah Hockey Club”.  
    I’ve seen just one hockey game live, in Chicago, when I was much younger.  Even back then I couldn’t keep track of the puck, and older and on TV, fugheddaboudit.  
    Can’t help but admire, during the slo-mo replays, how those guys can snag a puck mid-air with those tiny little sticks, wow.  But I can’t see/follow it; this isn’t a sport for me (but I refuse to degrade to golf, just yet).    

So the same people that think humans have no effect on climate change, now are convinced they control the weather?  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    I’ve seen just one hockey game live, in Chicago, when I was much younger.  Even back then I couldn’t keep track of the puck, and older and on TV, fugheddaboudit.  
    Can’t help but admire, during the slo-mo replays, how those guys can snag a puck mid-air with those tiny little sticks, wow.  But I can’t see/follow it; this isn’t a sport for me (but I refuse to degrade to golf, just yet).    
    I Sunday golf is my go-to nap station.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Silky smooth, perfect bite, not hard, doesn’t stick to your teeth, ever so slight chew.  Each grain is perfectly separated, no clumping.  Took about 50 minutes at 10 degrees above the gelatinization temperature for long grain rice.  Didn’t realize how important time/temp is for rice.  Let the grain drive the cook!

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,651
    Silky smooth, perfect bite, not hard, doesn’t stick to your teeth, ever so slight chew.  Each grain is perfectly separated, no clumping.  Took about 50 minutes at 10 degrees above the gelatinization temperature for long grain rice.  Didn’t realize how important time/temp is for rice.  Let the grain drive the cook!

I can't go down this rabbit hole!  I'm happy for you. 😀
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,507
    Botch said:
    The Hockey Club is temporary. The move from Arizona happened quickly. I’ve read the Utah Yeti is the front runner. 

Hockey has become, by far, my favorite sport to watch. Watching the players instead of the puck is a much easier way to watch the game. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,104
    Botch said:
    The Hockey Club is temporary. The move from Arizona happened quickly. I’ve read the Utah Yeti is the front runner. 

Hockey has become, by far, my favorite sport to watch. Watching the players instead of the puck is a much easier way to watch the game. 
    I'd read that, too, but just this last week I saw on the local news a huge crane hoisting that stupid "Utah Hockey Club" sign up against the Delta Center (or whatever oligarch has the naming rights this week) and I thought that was it.  
    Hope I'm wrong, I was a fan of "Yeti" too.  I tried watching the players instead of the puck but it looked too much like politics.  

I like books.  

So the same people that think humans have no effect on climate change, now are convinced they control the weather?  

• lousubcap
    @dbCooper - great bonus right there.  I heard the lights were headed to the lower 48 and you confirmed that prediction.  Beautiful.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    @Botch- the game is still too quick/fast for TV.  Several years ago a major network (forget which one) put a visual puck enhancer on the broadcast to help follow the puck.  Turns out a total bust as the telestrator equivalent could not keep up.
    The live experience is about the only way to appreciate the speed of the game so go forth and check it out.  
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,380
    It's my first time, Angie's too.  We've been in prime spots up north many times hoping to spot them and it never happened.  Very cool and worth the wait.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

I'd read that, too, but just this last week I saw on the local news a huge crane hoisting that stupid "Utah Hockey Club" sign up against the Delta Center (or whatever oligarch has the naming rights this week) and I thought that was it.  
    Hope I'm wrong, I was a fan of "Yeti" too.  I tried watching the players instead of the puck but it looked too much like politics.  

I like books.  
    https://youtu.be/_T7MvK7IFXQ?si=uyMOebczOQ8O_3CL

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,251
    @lousubcap

Happy Friday, folks!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,679
    @lousubcap

Happy Friday, folks!

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• lousubcap
    thetrim said:
    Even during the darkest times, God will show up and let you know he has your back….

Glad you survived Milton and are back at it and even on the Forum.  
    I'm quite sure your appearance is directly related to ensuring your credentials are still good so you can honour  (nod) the 249th US Navy Birthday Sunday. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,771
    @ColtsFan Wow!  Not much visible purple here in Ottawa, and it was much smaller than what I’ve seen in your pictures.  The ones I’ve seen earlier this week were mostly green.

Robert Cray Band 50 year anniversary tour.
    Really neat. I saw him once years ago. Those Matchless amps are pretty great. 

I had no idea Stephen Spielberg played keys. 
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 604
    Neighbors are having their annual fall potluck/pumpkin carving for the kids etc this evening. Whipping up some fried pickle dip.