Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

1301130123013301430153017»

Comments

• zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 211
    preservatives.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,225
    Apparently freedom of speech ends at the Post Office door.  Sending a BBQ prize and labeling it “Da Bomb”. “Careful Dangerous” “chemicals on board” is frowned upon.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,628

I am a spectator at an ultimate frisbee event. A random guy was just handing these out. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,144
    kl8ton said:

I am a spectator at an ultimate frisbee event. A random guy was just handing these out. 
    Was he wearing a wig?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    You should read it again.  Great writing.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton said:

Was he wearing a wig?
    Never saw him. He was behind me and handed it over my shoulder. I said thanks and turned but so many people were back there...  No horses galloping away into the tree line either. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    lousubcap said:
    You should read it again.  Great writing.  
    I was reading it. I plan to read it all again and have my kids do the same.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

Sometimes it’s about seeing the big picture.  It’s about setting aside personal reservations and meeting the needs of the group. And so despite Palace’s abject early season form, I will nonetheless give my legion followers what they yearn for. Ten more solid pewter a-like forecasts. And savour each of them because those pesky internationals are back next week, so you’ll need to struggle through that weekend without my compass.

Saturday 

Palace v Liverpool, never the highlight of my season despite the occasional positive outcome, which in this case is anything but a thrashing. On the plus side, the Reds are hot off a Euro fixture.  Lurking in the background is the looming spectre of November, being the traditional manager sacking month and our man should be worried. Tough times and 1-2 is the very best I can see.

Arsenal v Southampton, routine 3-0 and a display of the degree of difference between title chasers and relegation fodder.

Brentford v Wolves, Bees looking reliable and almost nailed on for about 10th place finish.  The Old Gold are struggling, badly. 3-0

Leicester v Bournemouth, The Cherries were where the Foxes are, last season.  The result from this match will be a strong indicator if the Foxes can find a way to survive or are outgunned by mid-table teams. 1-2

Man City v Fulham, the Cottagers are no push over and will pose a threat.  I can only see a home win because of the weight of talent available, but far from simple. 2-1

West Ham v Ipswich, Hammers have hit reverse and the Tractors Boys are four draws from four meaning 14th host 15th. First  win, and an away win at that for the new boys? 0-1

Everton v Newcastle, the Toffees received the traditional benevolence of Palace last week and will be less gloomy. Toon have faltered but will re-established their footing this time out. 0-2

Sunday

Villa v Man Utd, what the flip is going on with Utd?  I mean I am not sad, but something is proper wonky there, right? 2-0

Chelsea v Forest, the Blues are flying now and the infinite monkey / Shakespeare option deployed by Todd Boehly has paid off. Could be 3, 4, or 5-0. 

Brighton v Spurs, lustre has peeled away from the strong start to the season for the Filths but hey, this is Spurs who have won three on the bounce now.  It will therefore be; 0-0 or 17-4, or 0-6, or in fact converted in to a camp fire sing song. 2-2

And sadly, the cricket season has now come to an end. Let’s stay strong through these tough times. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    CPFC1905 said:

Sometimes it’s about seeing the big picture.  It’s about setting aside personal reservations and meeting the needs of the group. And so despite Palace’s abject early season form, I will nonetheless give my legion followers what they yearn for. Ten more solid pewter a-like forecasts. And savour each of them because those pesky internationals are back next week, so you’ll need to struggle through that weekend without my compass.

Saturday 

Palace v Liverpool, never the highlight of my season despite the occasional positive outcome, which in this case is anything but a thrashing. On the plus side, the Reds are hot off a Euro fixture.  Lurking in the background is the looming spectre of November, being the traditional manager sacking month and our man should be worried. Tough times and 1-2 is the very best I can see.

Arsenal v Southampton, routine 3-0 and a display of the degree of difference between title chasers and relegation fodder.

Brentford v Wolves, Bees looking reliable and almost nailed on for about 10th place finish.  The Old Gold are struggling, badly. 3-0

Leicester v Bournemouth, The Cherries were where the Foxes are, last season.  The result from this match will be a strong indicator if the Foxes can find a way to survive or are outgunned by mid-table teams. 1-2

Man City v Fulham, the Cottagers are no push over and will pose a threat.  I can only see a home win because of the weight of talent available, but far from simple. 2-1

West Ham v Ipswich, Hammers have hit reverse and the Tractors Boys are four draws from four meaning 14th host 15th. First  win, and an away win at that for the new boys? 0-1

Everton v Newcastle, the Toffees received the traditional benevolence of Palace last week and will be less gloomy. Toon have faltered but will re-established their footing this time out. 0-2

Sunday

Villa v Man Utd, what the flip is going on with Utd?  I mean I am not sad, but something is proper wonky there, right? 2-0

Chelsea v Forest, the Blues are flying now and the infinite monkey / Shakespeare option deployed by Todd Boehly has paid off. Could be 3, 4, or 5-0. 

Brighton v Spurs, lustre has peeled away from the strong start to the season for the Filths but hey, this is Spurs who have won three on the bounce now.  It will therefore be; 0-0 or 17-4, or 0-6, or in fact converted in to a camp fire sing song. 2-2

And sadly, the cricket season has now come to an end. Let’s stay strong through these tough times. 

Thank you as always.  Fulham must be better than I think.  Either that or it will take some lapses by Man City to keep the game as close as you're predicting.  Most games, they're not even playing for the win as that is a given.  They're just playing for future playing time.  The better Pep likes how a player plays this weekend the more playing time he will get going forward, ideally in the most important games against the big teams.  I'm thinking at least 3-0 on that one.

As for Man U, I keep thinking that they are Spursy and that they could bring their A game to any match and compete with anyone.  This game against the Villains would be a good time for them to show up.  However, like you with Palace, I'm coming to grips with the fact that they are a mediocre 3rd quartile team that doesn't even deserve to be in the Europa League next year.  They're not 1 year away from glory like I have been thinking.  They are at least 3-5 years away if not more.

I'll also be curious to see if Arsenal are still Arsenal and they will find a way to make a game that should be relatively easy into one that is close and tense.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX