Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

1300830093010301130123014»

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,041
    CPFC1905 said:
    zaphod said:
    if you are serious about tea, you are using loose leaf. I typically have 7 or 8 on the go depending on mood

Scottish Breakfast, Ceylon, Oolong, Russian Caravan, Aasam, Lapsang souchong, Green of some ilk. I'm sure I've forgotten some and I'm too lazy to go upstairs unless it is for a beer. 

But if you do use tea bags (and I admit to that for a quick and dirty) use PG Tips as their bags are plant based and compostable in the backyard bin.  For years I was puzzled about all the tea bags that survived intact through the composter until I learned about the plastic levels in the bags and that when the box says "compostable" it mean in a high-temp industrial system. What you want is biodegradable which is backyard composter friendly.

When egging in In the rainy winter I switch from beer to a dried fruit tisane that is great for a warm drink while I'm out in the drizzle/dark/chill.

Time for that beer.

Only six letters that matter here : PG Tips

Get mug. Boil water. Bag in mug. Add just boiled water. Leave. Remove bag two or three minutes later. Don't squeeze it.  Add milk.  Drink,  Repeat. 

Upgrade options : pre-warm the mug, or, leave mug on non-heat sapping surface throughout.  Full fat milk.  
    Wow full fat milk - you Brits really know how to party!  What’s next, a twist of lemon?!?!?  🤯
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,501
    edited 1:08PM
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I’m on a statewide board for the Indiana Electrical Cooperatives and we’re dispatching 20) 2-man crews to Marietta GA. They’re pulling out at 6pm local time. 

It’s gonna be a whopper of a storm it seems. Stay safe everyone 
    Based on all I know (which is limited) you may wish those crews would have stayed local.  
    We will see how this all shakes out.  
    Nothing like those directly impacted-for that I hope there are no life issues-you can rebuild /buy assets.  
    Our biggest challenge is we're forced on a 16/8 schedule where guys are forced on 8 hours bed rest. That makes scheduling and deploying crews challenging. In situations like this, we have manpower available from various independent contractors and other utilities statewide.

It's an all hands-on deck situation. I could be out damage assessing, running parts, or back at HQ doing various tasks. That's what is great about the cooperative life. It is a we are all in this together mentality. Doesn't matter what department you're typically in. We help where we are needed. Much different from corporate America
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,719
    The correct china makes all the difference and don’t forget to elevate the pinky finger while drinking 😂
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,343
    CPFC1905 said:
    zaphod said:
    if you are serious about tea, you are using loose leaf. I typically have 7 or 8 on the go depending on mood

Scottish Breakfast, Ceylon, Oolong, Russian Caravan, Aasam, Lapsang souchong, Green of some ilk. I'm sure I've forgotten some and I'm too lazy to go upstairs unless it is for a beer. 

But if you do use tea bags (and I admit to that for a quick and dirty) use PG Tips as their bags are plant based and compostable in the backyard bin.  For years I was puzzled about all the tea bags that survived intact through the composter until I learned about the plastic levels in the bags and that when the box says "compostable" it mean in a high-temp industrial system. What you want is biodegradable which is backyard composter friendly.

When egging in In the rainy winter I switch from beer to a dried fruit tisane that is great for a warm drink while I'm out in the drizzle/dark/chill.

Time for that beer.

Get mug. Boil water. Bag in mug. Add just boiled water. Leave. Remove bag two or three minutes later. Don't squeeze it.  Add milk.  Drink,  Repeat. 

Upgrade options : pre-warm the mug, or, leave mug on non-heat sapping surface throughout.  Full fat milk.  
    For those where manners matter, milk goes in before the tea.  Adding the milk after the tea is considered pretentious.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,041
    Not sure how many of you are tracking this, but Western NC is in bad bad shape.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 198
    CPFC1905 said:
    zaphod said:

Time for that beer.

You forgot the last tip. Throw that dirt water down the drain. 
    Or into Boston Harbor. 
    HA!
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,174
    Not sure how many of you are tracking this, but Western NC is in bad bad shape.

Watched a lot of videos, absolutely devastating.

To add insult to injury, I am guessing most of these areas have no flood insurance and damage assessment value will be to low for FEMA to help.  The FEMA threshold per area is so high that an entire town could be gone and not hit it.  Flipside is two waterfront mansions in Tampa could be hit and the dollar amount would qualify, but that is a discussion for another day.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,174
    CPFC1905 said:
    zaphod said:

Time for that beer.

Screwed up the instructions and squeezed the bag, added cold 2% milk.  Did use tea mag in boiling mug.  Overall, excellent.  Will get proper tea next, not squeeze, and try full fat milk.  I am expecting A5 Kobe Beef like euphoria.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL