Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,006
    @CPFC1905, I'm thinking what you're refusing to think.

Maybe Brighton is for real?  And not just a group of ne'er-do-wells that occasionally step up their quality at times when they can maximally interfere with all that is right and good in the universe.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Corv said:
    Colby, thanks for that description. Sounds like chocolate chips could be pressed into the buns before proofing, but not easily.
    Ozzie, there are some excellent burger bun recipes on line. It would be simple enough to add chocolate chips. Personally, I don't think that would be an improvement, but try it and report back.
    Thanks!
    Cant press them in post proofing, the buns will de-gas and not rise in the oven. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,603
    ColbyLang said:
    Corv said:
    Colby, thanks for that description. Sounds like chocolate chips could be pressed into the buns before proofing, but not easily.
    Ozzie, there are some excellent burger bun recipes on line. It would be simple enough to add chocolate chips. Personally, I don't think that would be an improvement, but try it and report back.
    Thanks!
    Cant press them in post proofing, the buns will de-gas and not rise in the oven. 
    I wonder where they add the raisins in raisin bread?
  • ColbyLang
    edited August 31
    ColbyLang said:
    Corv said:
    Thanks!
    Second mix. Much larger dough piece. Sliced bread dough piece usually weighs 12.5-16oz depending. It’s also not rounded, but divided as a log.  Hamburger buns generally weigh 2-3oz, then rounded
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,968
    Here’s a question for you, @ColbyLang - when did people start referring to cash as “dough” and why?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,944
    Foghorn said:
    @CPFC1905, I'm thinking what you're refusing to think.

Maybe Brighton is for real?  And not just a group of ne'er-do-wells that occasionally step up their quality at times when they can maximally interfere with all that is right and good in the universe.
    😭
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,939
    ColbyLang said:
    Corv said:
    Ozzie, there are some excellent burger bun recipes on line. It would be simple enough to add chocolate chips. Personally, I don't think that would be an improvement, but try it and report back.c
    Thanks!
    My bread maker beeps late in the knead cycle to signal it's time to add stuff.
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,968
    Just realized this thread is getting awfully close to hitting 3,000 pages.  I wonder if Vanilla self-immolates when that happens.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,603
    Just realized this thread is getting awfully close to hitting 3,000 pages.  I wonder if Vanilla self-immolates when that happens.  
    We can always hope. But shortly we should have empirical evidence.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    We can always hope. But shortly we should have empirical evidence.
    Bump
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,471
    Epic run.  I'm betting that it just keeps rolling.  Gotta admit that the quirky behaviour (nod) of a month or so ago has disappeared, at least for now.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,117

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,471
    So excited!  I found one of my favorite tools I thought I lost!

Great tool but yours is backward.  Lefty for the win! Wins for flipping chix but I don't use on steaks.  Penetration however slight is sufficient to complete the act, UCMJ article 120.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Watching Interview with a Vampire

• ColbyLang
    Reading about Ford recalling the 2.7L V6 in the Broncos. But only half of the 2021’s. Have the date range, at work so I don’t have the Bronco in front of me to go check the build date sticker on the engine 🤬
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,029
    So excited!  I found one of my favorite tools I thought I lost!

Must Have ! Tri Tip Flipper 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    ColbyLang said:
    Reading about Ford recalling the 2.7L V6 in the Broncos. But only half of the 2021’s. Have the date range, at work so I don’t have the Bronco in front of me to go check the build date sticker on the engine 🤬
    I just read about that, it's a huge recall spanning lots of models and it's full engine replacement. I'll bet the used market for broncos with a good 2.7 spikes, that's 90k engines that won't go into new vehicles.
    Not a felon
  • ColbyLang
    Legume said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I just read about that, it's a huge recall spanning lots of models and it's full engine replacement. I'll bet the used market for broncos with a good 2.7 spikes, that's 90k engines that won't go into new vehicles.
    Well, it’s only about 16,000 Broncos. Fortunately I miss the window by my engine being built 30 days later. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Happy Sunday all, hope you have a great Labor Day!

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,939
    @lousubcap Sweet and very kind of you sir.
    canuckland
  • Removing flooring. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Doing the XM radio dance.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Removing flooring. 
    On my phone, it looks like you may have a real wood floor underneath?

Also, that machine looks amazing!  I used heat guns and a pole with a blade on the end.  What at painful headache.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    XM/Sirius dance completed.

Original Bill: $46/month (-$19 statement credit from AMEX)
    New Bill: $9.98/month (-statement credit, so free)

I tried to transfer one subscription from my truck to my car.  They wanted to charge me $15 to transfer it.  I balked and said please cancel on the truck and start a new one on the car.  I got 3 months for free since this radio had never had a subscription, then I get the $4.99/month for 12 months deal on top of it and they gave me a refund of $6 for the truck I cancelled.

So they wanted $15 to transfer, after talking to them they essentially gave me $21 back and I have the subscription on the car I want.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,677
    XM/Sirius dance completed.

Original Bill: $46/month (-$19 statement credit from AMEX)
    New Bill: $9.98/month (-statement credit, so free)

I tried to transfer one subscription from my truck to my car.  They wanted to charge me $15 to transfer it.  I balked and said please cancel on the truck and start a new one on the car.  I got 3 months for free since this radio had never had a subscription, then I get the $4.99/month for 12 months deal on top of it and they gave me a refund of $6 for the truck I cancelled.

So they wanted $15 to transfer, after talking to them they essentially gave me $21 back and I have the subscription on the car I want.
    XM has one of the worst business models in existence.