Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    shtgunal3 said:
    Watching GA Tech give Florida State all they want and then some.
    Never betting against a double digit dog again. Until the next time I do. 
    Couple of interesting games today for sure.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,995
    60% of the time, it works every time. 

Had to open another bag just this morning.  I didn't even bother with EweTube, just used a scissor.  I'm done with trying.  phukquit.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,115

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 25
    Down to my last gallon ziplock.  Time to make some more.  Working to forget upcoming September bills: taxes, auto, home, umbrella, flood insurance renewals, College tuition, 500 gallons of propane, (those are just extra on top of bills to live) I’m sure there are others but September sucks.

• TechsasJim
    Down to my last gallon ziplock.  Time to make some more.  Working to forget upcoming September bills: taxes, auto, home, umbrella, flood insurance renewals, College tuition, 500 gallons of propane, (those are just extra on top of bills to live) I’m sure there are others but September sucks.

So from an ignorant person in TX, someone in AZ needs flood insurance?    Near a gully or creek or X that floods during those one-off downpours?    

All the other items - yep and yep - get them.   
  • Ozzie_Isaac

So from an ignorant person in TX, someone in AZ needs flood insurance?    Near a gully or creek or X that floods during those one-off downpours?    

We have flood plains, 50, 100, 500 year floodplains.  FEMA requires flood insurance if any part of your housing structure is near these flood plains.  My house costs $500/year for flood insurance.  Before shopping is was $1200/year.

I only know of one area were floods have damaged structures and they are literally in an enormous wash that flows a few times a year.  They didn’t flood so much as the houses fell into the wash when the walls eroded away.

Basically it is a way for FEMA to subsidize flood insurance elsewhere in the country.  If my house flooded there would be approximately 150,000 other homes under water.

• TechsasJim

We have flood plains, 50, 100, 500 year floodplains.  FEMA requires flood insurance if any part of your housing structure is near these flood plains.  My house costs $500/year for flood insurance.  Before shopping is was $1200/year.

I only know of one area were floods have damaged structures and they are literally in an enormous wash that flows a few times a year.  They didn’t flood so much as the houses fell into the wash when the walls eroded away.

Basically it is a way for FEMA to subsidize flood insurance elsewhere in the country.  If my house flooded there would be approximately 150,000 other homes under water.
    Dang man, sorry to hear that.   At least you got it down to $500 for something You will hopefully never need.  
  • Just listening to “Eminence Front” (pure joy) and my daughter thought the lyrics were “a venomous pug”. 😂😂

@Botch
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490

Saw some footage of the flooding at Havasupai Falls. That’s pretty crazy. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,966
    Playing with the boy in the back yard.  He’s acting weird, so he either has to poop or the scent of deer is in the air.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac

The flash floods we get are no joke.  They strike fast and then pass quickly (less than 1hr, except for really large storms in the mountains).

Those areas are very well defined and known.  I usually head out after the bigs ones to the flood areas and rescue a few cars each time.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Dang.  Didn’t even slow down at 1200miles.  Still burning while passing LEO.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490

The flash floods we get are no joke.  They strike fast and then pass quickly (less than 1hr, except for really large storms in the mountains).

Those areas are very well defined and known.  I usually head out after the bigs ones to the flood areas and rescue a few cars each time.
    Same here, not as bad as the ones down there, but bad enough. There are always people that think the little rain we get is nothing, but don’t come back from their hike. 

We live about as far west as you can (for now), right up against the mountains. Luckily there is very large retention basin that protects our neighborhood. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,470
    @GrateEggspectations- I would like a friend like you have surrounded your family with.  
    Surely the brave jump has to be horizontal distance as even in meters that's not that high.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,470
    @lkapigian - Yes sir.  Some group is gonna be eating extremely well.  Anything wrapped in bacon is always a winner as you well know.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,939
    @lkapigian Love the beef rib trimmings, beat my free salmon heads from the sushi place.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations- I would like a friend like you have surrounded your family with.  
    Surely the brave jump has to be horizontal distance as even in meters that's not that high.   B)
    The space is bigger than it appears, but I have no doubt that a man of your nautical endeavours would make short work of it - whether in or out of LEO. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,939
    Just hung a batch of Biltong. 3 days and counting 😋

Good seeing you're at it again. What cut of beef?
    canuckland
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,029
    @lkapigian Love the beef rib trimmings, beat my free salmon heads from the sushi place.
    And I get these free 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    @Canugghead.I think if memory serves me it was a top round of beef. It was a spur of the moment buy at our local Harris Teeter supermarket 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,591
    Just hung a batch of Biltong. 3 days and counting 😋

Awesome. How are you hanging them though ... seems like through the middle, and flopped in half?  You should hang from one end, and meat shouldn't touch meat ... you want as much air flow around all the meat.

Let us know how they turn out.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • johnmitchell
    @Mark_B_Good. No these are hanging from one end.I can see why you would think they are flopped over now that I look at the pic again😂. Just shorties 
  • johnmitchell
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 773
    @ikapigian when you say the bacon wrapped pickles were better than expected, did you mean they were good?