Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114
    Summer is starting to wind down, finally. Next weeks forecasts are a nice cool upper 90’s, low 100’s
    Was 87 earlier.  I put on my long John’s and gloves.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,059
    Swmbo turned the heat on this morning.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,492
    Mine tried last night. We’ll be back in the mid 90s next week. But the 50* mornings are my jam!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Practicing your knife skills with a plastic blade and Play-Doh? Self-portrait?
    Yup, drank too much green koolaid.
    At least it wasn’t Moet. 

Nice to see the grandkids getting creative. 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Summer is starting to wind down, finally. Next weeks forecasts are a nice cool upper 90’s, low 100’s
    I’m done with this heat & humidity.   Driving back from client lunch the truck read 104.    That is with 60+% humidity.   Feels like Satan’s crotch.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Summer is starting to wind down, finally. Next weeks forecasts are a nice cool upper 90’s, low 100’s
    I’m done with this heat & humidity.   Driving back from client lunch the truck read 104.    That is with 60+% humidity.   Feels like Satan’s crotch.   
    There are few times Canada can gloat about its weather, but I’m going to go ahead and bask in that space right now. 😉
  • TechsasJim
    There are few times Canada can gloat about its weather, but I’m going to go ahead and bask in that space right now. 😉
    I’ve actually seen some really good weather changes in Canada before.   

One summer (June) I was in St John’s, NF and Froze my butt off one evening, went out the next morning for coffee in a light jacket and it was in the 80sF and ridiculously humid.   Gave up on the coffee hunt and went for a shower.   

Enjoy mild weather when you can.   
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,189
    50degree mornings here as well this week.  Damn nice, windows open, fans on, fishing is turning back on.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,059
    ColtsFan said:
    Mine tried last night. We’ll be back in the mid 90s next week. But the 50* mornings are my jam!
    Dead cat bounce. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Summer is starting to wind down, finally. Next weeks forecasts are a nice cool upper 90’s, low 100’s

One summer (June) I was in St John’s, NF and Froze my butt off one evening, went out the next morning for coffee in a light jacket and it was in the 80sF and ridiculously humid.   Gave up on the coffee hunt and went for a shower.   

Forecast looking pretty prime here. I took advantage of the heavy rain today to lay down some fertilizer and seed. Everything is looking pretty lush and green right now. 

• TechsasJim

Forecast looking pretty prime here. I took advantage of the heavy rain today to lay down some fertilizer and seed. Everything is looking pretty lush and green right now. 

Ok now you’re just rubbing it in 🤣

We can hope to see those temps late October some years As late as January.   Absolute crap shoot in Houston.   
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,189
    Working on the syllabus for my grad course this fall.  Classes start in less than a week.  Fahk!
    Those can be important.  I threatened a teacher with a meeting with the dean once. Never turned in my homework. Wasn't a requirement. An f turned into an a. Helped get the dean demoted later, what a stooge. 153 in the class, 3 with passing grades in thermo. I was number 3. Bell curve with the three dropped me into an f.                                                       Grads get A's so there's that😁
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114

Not sure if the is Celsius or your winter started already.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,676
    SamIAm2 said:
    Watching Grand Sumo. Don’t laugh; it’s addictive. 
    DoubleEgger - do you have a favorite wrestler? Been watching Grand Sumo for quite a few years. Next tournament is September 8. 
    That’s a tough one. Probably Endō. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,939
    Pretty lucky….A neighbour has been delivering baskets like this of their homegrown veggies all summer. 

let me know if there's a house or vacant lot for sale in your neighbourhood  ;)
    canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,602
    Pretty lucky….A neighbour has been delivering baskets like this of their homegrown veggies all summer. 

Vegetable soup in a basket. I hope that you cook a rack of ribs for them every now and then.
  • Pretty lucky….A neighbour has been delivering baskets like this of their homegrown veggies all summer. 

Vegetable soup in a basket. I hope that you cook a rack of ribs for them every now and then.
    Soups and fresh bread, generally. But you’re right that a rack of ribs would be a nice gesture. 
  • TechsasJim

Now that is a wonderful neighbor!  

Used to have a family behind me that had a squash plant that grew out of control and kept dropping squash in my backyard.    He literally came over and knocked on my door asking it he could have his squash back.   They weren’t from around here I quickly ascertained.   

After that I just started lobbing them back over the fence.   
  • TechsasJim

Now that is a wonderful neighbor!  

Used to have a family behind me that had a squash plant that grew out of control and kept dropping squash in my backyard.    He literally came over and knocked on my door asking it he could have his squash back.   They weren’t from around here I quickly ascertained.   

After that I just started lobbing them back over the fence.   
    But having said that, my side neighbor had a lime tree, we had an avocado.    Agreement was whatever you could reach or needed was yours.   We went a couple decades like that until a big freeze killed both trees.  
  • TechsasJim
    edited August 23
    I’m actually going to watch the DNC and see if there is anything of substance other than having a hip-hop party.  So far it’s honestly been a BET/OWN special with the  addition of the Clintons.   

To date nothing has been said of substance.   

Just an opinion so don’t go nuts
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,964
    I’m actually going to watch the DNC and see if there is anything of substance other than having a hip-hop party.  So far it’s honestly been a BET/OWN special with the  addition of the Clintons.   

You might be interested in what the Republicans who are speaking have to say.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim

Absolutely John.   I have interest in It all.   

But being serious, I would like to hear what her plans are because no one seems to know.   That’s why I’m watching.   I genuinely want to know..I think we all should.  
  • JohnInCarolina

But being serious, I would like to hear what her plans are because no one seems to know.   That’s why I’m watching.   I genuinely want to know..I think we all should.  
    Well I think you’re going to be disappointed, as policy details generally aren’t presented at a convention much beyond broad principles.  I certainly didn’t see any presented at the RNC this year, unless Kid Rock introduced Trump’s Yuge Health Care Plan and I missed it?  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,995
    Thank you for listening (I watched a lot of the RNC myself).

And help a dummy out here: BET/OWN is…. ?  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• TechsasJim

Well I think you’re going to be disappointed, as policy details generally aren’t presented at a convention much beyond broad principles.  I certainly didn’t see any presented at the RNC this year, unless Kid Rock introduced Trump’s Yuge Health Care Plan and I missed it?  
    John, let’s table this for now.   Until she has a single freaking policy, she is doing nothing more than holding pep rallies and she has no basis nor merit.   

No one has any clue what she plans to do.    She won’t outline her plans.  

If she won’t do it now she will not do it until post-election.   

We all know what that means…
  • JohnInCarolina

John, let’s table this for now.   Until she has a single freaking policy, she is doing nothing more than holding pep rallies and she has no basis nor merit.   

No one has any clue what she plans to do.    She won’t outline her plans.  

If she won’t do it now she will not do it until post-election.   

We all know what that means…
    OK, but answer me just one thing: what is Trump’s plan for health care?
  • TechsasJim
    Status quo and there is nothing wrong with that.  

Answer me this:    What is Kamala’s policy on anything?    She has no none.   Go to her website.   If I could do a cricket emoji I’d place it here.   Who the F runs for president had has absolutely zero plans.   She says a lot but has no plans to do anything.   It’s the biggest load of horseshit the American public has ever been fed.