Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,944
    CPFC1905 said:

I very clearly remember the post-Facebook impact on Police demand.  All of a sudden it became our job to go and tell off someone who disagreed with someone else, or worse still said they didn't like them.  

Naturally, using rude words was not pleasant, but you know, we did have one or two other things to be dealing with instead.  Which - to no great surprise,  was what we got asked when we did try to tell someone off.

Never once did the standard advice of 'Just ignore them or use Facebook less' meet with a warm response. 

Going back a touch further, the mainstreaming of mobile (cell) phones really bumped workload too. No more sorting it out or thinking about it,  everything was an emergency.   
    Any insults you heard where you couldn’t help but laugh when the person shared them?  I have to imagine there were more than a few comments on roofs and teeth.
    You see, the problem I had was an under-developed filter - more than once I might have been better to stop and at least pretend to show sympathy rather than suggest they act their age.
    You forget - our roofs and teeth are normal to us, so I stuck to the narrow furrough between erstwhile and flippant. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I very clearly remember the post-Facebook impact on Police demand.  All of a sudden it became our job to go and tell off someone who disagreed with someone else, or worse still said they didn't like them.  

Naturally, using rude words was not pleasant, but you know, we did have one or two other things to be dealing with instead.  Which - to no great surprise,  was what we got asked when we did try to tell someone off.

Never once did the standard advice of 'Just ignore them or use Facebook less' meet with a warm response. 

Going back a touch further, the mainstreaming of mobile (cell) phones really bumped workload too. No more sorting it out or thinking about it,  everything was an emergency.   
    Any insults you heard where you couldn’t help but laugh when the person shared them?  I have to imagine there were more than a few comments on roofs and teeth.
    You see, the problem I had was an under-developed filter - more than once I might have been better to stop and at least pretend to show sympathy rather than suggest they act their age.
    You forget - our roofs and teeth are normal to us, so I stuck to the narrow furrough between erstwhile and flippant. 
    I’ve developed a bit of backhanded apologies when I deal with people that are upset when it takes forever to get to their stupid complaint. It usually something like “sorry it took so long to get here, people had bullet holes/stab wounds/got the sh!t beat out of them by their spouse. I really should have been more concerned that your neighbor’s leaves blew in your yard.”
    Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    You have trees in Vegas?
    Not a felon
  • Battleborn
    Legume said:
    You have trees in Vegas?
    About 12 of them and they are all in the area I work. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,189
    doctors appointment was just rescheduled for tomorrow. was at 9:55 am, its been bumped up to 10:00 am. just gotta ask......why did you even bother telling me this. a missed call, a text, a call back, acknowledge it online...i would have never known
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,676
    doctors appointment was just rescheduled for tomorrow. was at 9:55 am, its been bumped up to 10:00 am. just gotta ask......why did you even bother telling me this. a missed call, a text, a call back, acknowledge it online...i would have never known
    Sounds like someone that used to work for an airline is running the scheduling. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114
    Legume said:
    You have trees in Vegas?
    About 12 of them and they are all in the area I work. 
    Didn’t they cut those last 12 down for the Formula 1 race?

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,752

Shaking my head in absolute confusion. My son is in 4th grade. Reading at a 9th grade level. Million word reader since first grade. Librarian gave him a few audio books to listen to instead of reading. Still gets credit for reading the book when he takes the test. Like watching a marathon and expecting the medal at the finish line
  • DoubleEgger
    @ColbyLang maybe they are working with auditory learning. Most of what we learn comes from listening to other people.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    Sounds like someone that used to work for an airline is running the scheduling. 

Nah, they announced the delay ahead of time.
    Not a felon
  • ColbyLang
    @ColbyLang maybe they are working with auditory learning. Most of what we learn comes from listening to other people.
    No argument. Definitely explains how a kid in his grade “read” 130 books over the summer. Kid hit 10,000,000 words last school year 
  • DoubleEgger
    Watching Grand Sumo. Don’t laugh; it’s addictive. 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    ColbyLang said:

Shaking my head in absolute confusion. My son is in 4th grade. Reading at a 9th grade level. Million word reader since first grade. Librarian gave him a few audio books to listen to instead of reading. Still gets credit for reading the book when he takes the test. Like watching a marathon and expecting the medal at the finish line
    Dude, WTH?    Time to change LA education system.  Dumbing them down at that age is a huge disservice.   

Having said that, I love audiobooks…but when I’m driving long distances.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:

Dude, WTH?    Time to change LA education system.  Dumbing them down at that age is a huge disservice.   

Since I learned about Audible I haven’t read a book.  I however, have greatly increased by book consumption.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,207

My wife would disagree. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:

Since I learned about Audible I haven’t read a book.  I however, have greatly increased by book consumption.
    Fully agree.  I used to be an avid reader.   Work/life made it difficult to get through an actual book in a month.   With Audible I consume 3-4 10-13hr books/mth.   I look forward to new release Tuesdays.   Ha
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    DoubleEgger - do you have a favorite wrestler? Been watching Grand Sumo for quite a few years. Next tournament is September 8. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    SamIAm2 said:
    DoubleEgger - do you have a favorite wrestler? Been watching Grand Sumo for quite a few years. Next tournament is September 8. 
    My mom used to go to the tournaments in Japan.  She used to sit so close the sweat would hit her during the matches.  That never seemed appealing to me.

• Ozzie_Isaac

• Practicing your knife skills with a plastic blade and Play-Doh? Self-portrait?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,964
    Working on the syllabus for my grad course this fall.  Classes start in less than a week.  Fahk!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    Last round of dry needling. **** works
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:
    Is that a new tattoo method?   Jk, but I have no clue what dry needling is.  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,939

Practicing your knife skills with a plastic blade and Play-Doh? Self-portrait?
    Yup, drank too much green koolaid.
    canuckland
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    Acupuncture with electrical stimulation 
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Acupuncture with electrical stimulation 
    Oh…doesn’t sound like much fun but if it works it works.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,492
    Avoiding town. 

~52000 college kids are moving back to town this week.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Battleborn
    Summer is starting to wind down, finally. Next weeks forecasts are a nice cool upper 90’s, low 100’s
    Las Vegas, NV