Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Wow that was a bad post.   Thanks AI apple phone.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,966
    edited August 23
    Status quo and there is nothing wrong with that.  

LOL.  That would make for some great campaign ads.  

Well I guess we’ve made progress from “REPEAL AND REPLACE” so at least there’s that!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,995
    Who the F runs for president had has absolutely zero plans.   She says a lot but has no plans to do anything.   It’s the biggest load of horseshit the American public has ever been fed.   
    What do you value more, Plans, Deliveries, or Promises?  
    We all remember a promise for a full Border Wall, that was paid for by another country.  The funding for that wall was illegally drained from a major MILCON project I had been fighting for for years, part of the reason I took early retirement.  I’m aware of small sections of “test” wall here and there, and I know the border folks enjoy “scale the wall” timed races with them.  
    We also all remember a promise for a full Health Care coverage for ALL Americans, on His first day of Presidency.  How’s that working for you?  He was gonna sign it on his First Day of Presidency; how’s it working for you? 

I didn’t see much hip-hop this evening, I’m disappointed too.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,115
    @Botch

BET = Black Entertainment Television 
    OWN = Oprah Winfrey Network

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,944

If nothing else my forecasts from last week proved that I eschew machine learning and above all else, data.  The season is already more or less over or me and we might as well just give up now.  OK, one defeat with 37 left to play might seen a little hasty, but this is football and thats how we think. In the headlines; the transfer window remains open, Chelsea are making strong challenge for clown club of the season. 

Saturday

Brighton V Man Utd,   those appalling wretches from the South coast swatted the Toffees aside last week - and that’s not what anyone wanted.  Utd remain mercurial and enigmatic, or perhaps devotees of ‘work it out when we get there’ for each match. 2-2

Palace v West Ham, whether under-par or unlucky it was still a defeat against a team we should really beat if we genuinely wants a top 10 finish.  Hammers are a notch above, but perhaps this is the shot in the arm we need and playing at home will kick start things?  Tight and possibly exciting. 2-1

Fulham v Leicester, the Cottagers are silently assembling a potentially decent squad and mid-table beckons. The Foxes are full of pomp and bravado but this is not the league winning team or spirit of a few years back, by any stretch.  Awakening for them, 2-0

Man City v Ipswich, ah - welcome to the big league 4-0

Southampton v Forest, 17th place play-off? Early enough to not matter too much. Tight away win leaves the Saints pondering a painful season. 0-1

Spurs v Everton, well hello and welcome back to Spursy Spurs.  New fiddle, old tune last week.  Very likely the same this week, and by that a resounding win in abject defiance of last week’s showing. 2-0

Villa v Arsenal, big game for both.  The Gunners remain a very good outfit, Villa look in decent shape too - so a test for the visitors.  Very close encounter and all three outcomes foreseeable. 1-2. 

Sunday

Bournemouth v Newcastle, there was a point last season when this would have been a home win without doubt, but that was then.  Toon have to start slotting these sort of matches as routine wins if they really are top 4 material.  1-3

Wolves v Chelsea, mad scenes at Chelsea this week as it turns out that having 43 players on the roster of 25 has generated a mild degree of consternation.  Never mind, Toddy B can just buy more players.  Wait, what?   Yes kids, that the crazy way it’s done now at the Chels’  Who knows - maybe we all got maths wrong all this time?  1-1

Liverpool v Brentford, sensing that the Reds are new and improved for this season and will be bussing around the top spots throughout. Clinical 3-0. 

And away we go, but don’t forget England v Sri Lanka in the first test at Old Trafford - Day 3 today and it has been rain affected, because it’s Summer and in Manchester.  

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Pretty lucky….A neighbour has been delivering baskets like this of their homegrown veggies all summer. 

Now that is a wonderful neighbor!  

Used to have a family behind me that had a squash plant that grew out of control and kept dropping squash in my backyard.    He literally came over and knocked on my door asking it he could have his squash back.   They weren’t from around here I quickly ascertained.   

After that I just started lobbing them back over the fence.   
    But having said that, my side neighbor had a lime tree, we had an avocado.    Agreement was whatever you could reach or needed was yours.   We went a couple decades like that until a big freeze killed both trees.  
    That’s a nice arrangement. With respect to the squash, I think I would have eaten it before he could ask for it back. 🙂
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,006
    CPFC1905 said:

If nothing else my forecasts from last week proved that I eschew machine learning and above all else, data.  The season is already more or less over or me and we might as well just give up now.  OK, one defeat with 37 left to play might seen a little hasty, but this is football and thats how we think. In the headlines; the transfer window remains open, Chelsea are making strong challenge for clown club of the season. 

Saturday

Brighton V Man Utd,   those appalling wretches from the South coast swatted the Toffees aside last week - and that’s not what anyone wanted.  Utd remain mercurial and enigmatic, or perhaps devotees of ‘work it out when we get there’ for each match. 2-2

Palace v West Ham, whether under-par or unlucky it was still a defeat against a team we should really beat if we genuinely wants a top 10 finish.  Hammers are a notch above, but perhaps this is the shot in the arm we need and playing at home will kick start things?  Tight and possibly exciting. 2-1

Fulham v Leicester, the Cottagers are silently assembling a potentially decent squad and mid-table beckons. The Foxes are full of pomp and bravado but this is not the league winning team or spirit of a few years back, by any stretch.  Awakening for them, 2-0

Man City v Ipswich, ah - welcome to the big league 4-0

Southampton v Forest, 17th place play-off? Early enough to not matter too much. Tight away win leaves the Saints pondering a painful season. 0-1

Spurs v Everton, well hello and welcome back to Spursy Spurs.  New fiddle, old tune last week.  Very likely the same this week, and by that a resounding win in abject defiance of last week’s showing. 2-0

Villa v Arsenal, big game for both.  The Gunners remain a very good outfit, Villa look in decent shape too - so a test for the visitors.  Very close encounter and all three outcomes foreseeable. 1-2. 

Sunday

Bournemouth v Newcastle, there was a point last season when this would have been a home win without doubt, but that was then.  Toon have to start slotting these sort of matches as routine wins if they really are top 4 material.  1-3

Wolves v Chelsea, mad scenes at Chelsea this week as it turns out that having 43 players on the roster of 25 has generated a mild degree of consternation.  Never mind, Toddy B can just buy more players.  Wait, what?   Yes kids, that the crazy way it’s done now at the Chels’  Who knows - maybe we all got maths wrong all this time?  1-1

Liverpool v Brentford, sensing that the Reds are new and improved for this season and will be bussing around the top spots throughout. Clinical 3-0. 

And away we go, but don’t forget England v Sri Lanka in the first test at Old Trafford - Day 3 today and it has been rain affected, because it’s Summer and in Manchester.  

Thanks for that.  Yes, it seems that Chelsea shops for players the way my wife shops for, well, anything.  "I like it so I'll buy it" without consideration of whether or not there is a place for it in our lives...

Twill be interesting to see which teams break from meeting expectations - in both directions - as the season wears on.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,470
    The unwritten (now written) rule for this thread is to keep politics off this one at least as I understand it.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    lousubcap said:
    The unwritten (now written) rule for this thread is to keep politics off this one at least as I understand it.  FWIW-
    It’s a test for Hannah…how far will she let us go?
    Las Vegas, NV

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,628
    I’m actually going to watch the DNC and see if there is anything of substance other than having a hip-hop party.  So far it’s honestly been a BET/OWN special with the  addition of the Clintons.   

To date nothing has been said of substance.   

Just an opinion so don’t go nuts
    You might be interested in what the Republicans who are speaking have to say.
    Absolutely John.   I have interest in It all.   

But being serious, I would like to hear what her plans are because no one seems to know.   That’s why I’m watching.   I genuinely want to know..I think we all should.  
    Well I think you’re going to be disappointed, as policy details generally aren’t presented at a convention much beyond broad principles.  I certainly didn’t see any presented at the RNC this year, unless Kid Rock introduced Trump’s Yuge Health Care Plan and I missed it?  
    John, let’s table this for now.   Until she has a single freaking policy, she is doing nothing more than holding pep rallies and she has no basis nor merit.   

No one has any clue what she plans to do.    She won’t outline her plans.  

If she won’t do it now she will not do it until post-election.   

We all know what that means…
    OK, but answer me just one thing: what is Trump’s plan for health care?
    1992,1996,2008,2012...what has been the blues view on healthcare? 

I know a question with a question, but lets be honest...healtcare isn't "healthcare"...it's business...one can learn much if following stock trades of politicians and "healthcare"..

Ahem, Faucci with Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson and Johnson..

and yes...this is on both sides of the isle...so if one wants to fix healthcare, hold insurance companies accountable with their billing and remove the ability for politicians to trade...both which will never happen
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    I tried to explain that to @TechsasJim some time ago, but in the end if it's ignored then so be it.  The gloves are off as the kids say.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    lousubcap said:
    I tried to explain that to @TechsasJim some time ago, but in the end if it's ignored then so be it.  The gloves are off as the kids say.  

I'll disagree 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Keep this crap off it. Ignore if you see it. Why ruin this thread with garbage?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,059
    I love how J&J knowingly sells a feminine hygiene product that has asbestos in it, breaks that division off so there is nothing to sue and then gets millions of taxpayer dollars to produce a vaccine that will save humanity. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    I just hope this thread doesn't become too hip hop for people.
    Not a felon
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,492
    WeberWho said:
    Because they’re selfish azzholes. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    WeberWho said:
    Because the thread is flaky anyway.  Sometimes it doesn’t load new comments, and there doesn’t seem to be any remedy coming from the mods anytime soon.  

Given the Vanilla platform we have it seems to make more sense to have @Ozzie_Isaac just start a new thread every January 1.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho said:
    Because the thread is flaky anyway.  Sometimes it doesn’t load new comments, and there doesn’t seem to be any remedy coming from the mods anytime soon.  

Given the Vanilla platform we have it seems to make more sense to have @Ozzie_Isaac just start a new thread every January 1.

Sure, but it doesn't need to be nuked...

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

Sure, but it doesn't need to be nuked...
    Nobody said it needed to.  That, too, is entirely up to the mods.
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColtsFan said:
    WeberWho said:
    Because they’re selfish azzholes. 
    I agree with this, wear the badge proudly.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    I just hope this thread doesn't become too hip hop for people.
    It does appear to be trending BET/OWN of late.  Those are just the vibes I’m getting.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    I love how J&J knowingly sells a feminine hygiene product that has asbestos in it, breaks that division off so there is nothing to sue and then gets millions of taxpayer dollars to produce a vaccine that will save humanity. 
    I agree with you re the ability to duck liability, that kind of maneuvering for big businesses shouldn't be be allowed. 

Also see that as unrelated to the Covid vax stuff - government can't develop their own vaccines in any reasonable time frame, I'm not sure I view the investments/grants, etc. to pharma to develop covid vaccines any differently than throwing big contracts at defense contractors in a time of war. 

Of course, if you don't believe vaccines are effective prevention, than it probably seems like flushing money down a toilet.
    Not a felon
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,602
    lousubcap said:
    Hannah might be a mean heifer.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,677
    lousubcap said:
    Hannah might be a mean heifer.
    Woah 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Legume said:
    I agree with you re the ability to duck liability, that kind of maneuvering for big businesses shouldn't be be allowed. 

Also see that as unrelated to the Covid vax stuff - government can't develop their own vaccines in any reasonable time frame, I'm not sure I view the investments/grants, etc. to pharma to develop covid vaccines any differently than throwing big contracts at defense contractors in a time of war. 

Of course, if you don't believe vaccines are effective prevention, than it probably seems like flushing money down a toilet.
    I know multiple people that have been poked multiple times and they have all had the Vid..or at least tested +.  

I’ve not been jabbed and I’ve never had it.   Nor has my family, all 4 of us.   

Lucky or naturally immune?   Don’t know 
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• Ozzie_Isaac

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,492
    Elvis!!

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!