Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,465
    Prelude to a night out. Happy weekend, all!

Beautiful.  That is the way to kick off Friday and the weekend.  I am a big fan of Moet brut.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,676
    Prelude to a night out. Happy weekend, all!

This deserves a Friday haiku 

Look at that huge pour
    Someone wants to score tonight 
    Bow chicka wow wow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114
    Moët’s bubbles gleam,
    Sizzle of the grill nearby,
    Lovers’ heat entwined.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Champagne does me in
    Haze of bubbles clouds my mind
    Gatorade on deck
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
  • Ozzie_Isaac

They won’t help you hide a body.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    Is that ham all julienned-up on the right? 
    Not a felon
  • Legume said:
    Is that ham all julienned-up on the right? 
    The recipe called for bacon and the closest I had was back bacon. Have used this substitution before with success. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,939
    @GrateEggspectations Are you doing 'over the top'? never tried that myself. Is that holey CI thingy to elevate the giant meatball or to be placed between the pot and the conveggtor?
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Cool, I'll refrain from any Canadian bacon jokes then as well.
    Not a felon
  • @GrateEggspectations Are you doing 'over the top'? never tried that myself. Is that holey CI thingy to elevate the giant meatball or to be placed between the pot and the conveggtor?
    No. That’s just a cast iron trivet that allows me to put the Dutch oven in. Works great. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,964
    Legume said:
    Canadian bacon… is the joke.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume said:
    Hey! I’ll have you know that it’s healthier than regular bacon. Plus, I already had regular bacon at breakfast and I understand that I am supposed to eat a balanced diet. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    Hey! I’ll have you know that it’s healthier than regular bacon. 
    Of course it is, but this is not an argument in favor of it.  Vegetarian tofu “bacon” is healthier than both, but you won’t catch me serving it to my worst enemy.  

Ain’t nobody eating bacon to diet, except those keto nutjobs.  
  • Legume said:
    Hey! I’ll have you know that it’s healthier than regular bacon. 
    Of course it is, but this is not an argument in favor of it.  Vegetarian tofu “bacon” is healthier than both, but you won’t catch me serving it to my worst enemy.  

Ain’t nobody eating bacon to diet, except those keto nutjobs.  
    The way I cook tofu, it’s probably less healthy than any meat. 🙂 It ends up pretty delicious though. 
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    edited August 18
    The way I cook tofu, it’s probably less healthy than any meat. 🙂 It ends up pretty delicious though. 
    tell me more - sounds interesting.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Canadian Bacon and Pineapple pizza for the win!!  

• zaphod said:
    I dust them with salt, pepper and cornstarch and then fry them in oil on the wok. 
  • Legume
    Was about to say that @Battleborn
    Not a felon
  • Legume
    zaphod said:
    I dust them with salt, pepper and cornstarch and then fry them in oil on the wok. 
    Rice flour and air fryer, same same.
    Not a felon
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    @SamIAm2. Looking at your fridge that brisket should turn out just fine. Have a great day and cook!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    @SamIAm2

yes sir!    More pepper, more beer=more good times!   

Looks wonderful, now makes me want to take tomorrow off.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    @SamIAm2

yes sir!    More pepper, more beer=more good times!   

Looks wonderful, now makes me want to take tomorrow off.  
    It would be a long drive but you would be welcome.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,465
    That's a sweet lookin brisket.  Don't know when reveille is in the AM but that's a hefy hunk of brisket calling for a very early start to power thru by 5:30 PM.  Enjoy the cook and follow-on eats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,944

I very clearly remember the post-Facebook impact on Police demand.  All of a sudden it became our job to go and tell off someone who disagreed with someone else, or worse still said they didn't like them.  

Naturally, using rude words was not pleasant, but you know, we did have one or two other things to be dealing with instead.  Which - to no great surprise,  was what we got asked when we did try to tell someone off.

Never once did the standard advice of 'Just ignore them or use Facebook less' meet with a warm response. 

Going back a touch further, the mainstreaming of mobile (cell) phones really bumped workload too. No more sorting it out or thinking about it,  everything was an emergency.   
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    CPFC1905 said:

I very clearly remember the post-Facebook impact on Police demand.  All of a sudden it became our job to go and tell off someone who disagreed with someone else, or worse still said they didn't like them.  

Naturally, using rude words was not pleasant, but you know, we did have one or two other things to be dealing with instead.  Which - to no great surprise,  was what we got asked when we did try to tell someone off.

Never once did the standard advice of 'Just ignore them or use Facebook less' meet with a warm response. 

Going back a touch further, the mainstreaming of mobile (cell) phones really bumped workload too. No more sorting it out or thinking about it,  everything was an emergency.   
    Any insults you heard where you couldn’t help but laugh when the person shared them?  I have to imagine there were more than a few comments on roofs and teeth.