Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Legume said:
    Hide your Tupperware 
    I opted to hide my football…
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,182
    limbing 10 trees, bringing the 40 footer up next weekend.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    my limbing trees thread vaporized of the what are you doing right now thread, anyways.....

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    And now it's back..   this vanilla forum is weird
    fukahwee maine

• Watching instructional videos on YouTube so that I can learn how to properly shave my lower regions.  Hubby likes it smooth! 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    @fishlessman be careful out there😂
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • fishlessman
    It's Maine, you hire a hs kid. It's logging country. Really impressed with him.  Not so impressed with the ones I have working with me in mass out of the vokes.      Vertigo keeps me off the high ladders nowadays.                    Have not thought about stacking step ladders😁
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,960
    It's Maine, you hire a hs kid. It's logging country. Really impressed with him.  Not so impressed with the ones I have working with me in mass out of the vokes.      Vertigo keeps me off the high ladders nowadays.                    Have not thought about stacking step ladders😁
    In HS during the summers I would paint houses with my father.  He frequently set up these elaborate “systems” of ladders stacked on top of other ladders as a way to let us get to some tricky spots to reach.  He never invested in anything serious, so things were always jury-rigged to high heaven.

And I would be the one tasked with painting the house from the top most one as he would invariably have to brace the weakest link in the chain.  It’s a miracle I never broke an arm or a leg, never mind drop a full can of paint somewhere. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    In HS during the summers I would paint houses with my father.  He frequently set up these elaborate “systems” of ladders stacked on top of other ladders as a way to let us get to some tricky spots to reach.  He never invested in anything serious, so things were always jury-rigged to high heaven.

And I would be the one tasked with painting the house from the top most one as he would invariably have to brace the weakest link in the chain.  It’s a miracle I never broke an arm or a leg, never mind drop a full can of paint somewhere. 
    Saw a neighbor a few years back hold a 7 year yo baby girl out a window by her ankle to brake icickles off the roof.                 I have the right equipment and the kid is dar n good on a ladder. Graduates December and is looking at the Maine Maritime academy come next fall. Things are looking good for him
    fukahwee maine

• Watching instructional videos on YouTube so that I can learn how to properly shave my lower regions.  Hubby likes it smooth! 
    Add a layer of conditioner before the shaving cream. Olive oil also does the trick. Told this to a female friend a while back and she couldn’t believe the difference. 

To be clear, the above is just knowledge transferable from head shaving. I have no first hand experience. 🙃

If you truly want a smooth, lifetime finish, electrolysis and/or laser treatment is best. Combine both for the win. 
  • fishlessman
    He might prefer the hot wax treatment and then almond oil. Sous vide the wax at 200f for two hours then apply immediately  
    fukahwee maine

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,751
    Damn. You boys are well versed in a multitude of topics
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    If I’m reading this right, if I ever want to shave downtown I need a marinade?   I’m getting too old for this game.  Hahaha
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,986

wuzzin't gunna, but I had to.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,109
    edited August 13
    He might prefer the hot wax treatment and then almond oil. Sous vide the wax at 200f for two hours then apply immediately  
    Count me out!  That has ER visit written all over it. Pretty sure that is how you remove hair from a hide.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,944

Early heads-up,  football finally returns on Friday 16th.  it’s been so long I can hardly remember how it works.   But as an amuse bouche, here’s your runners and riders for this season.  Time to mortgage the ranch and pile on at the bookmakers.

Arsenal - top 3 for sure, could get it over the line this season after two near misses

Aston Villa - great last season but CL qualification is a big tax, top 6 would be impressive 

Brentford - losing focus, lower third above the relegation zone 

Brighton - need to re-incarnate after the de Zebra experiment. 

Bournemouth - sold talismanic striker, won’t break in to the top half

Chelsea - still all very odd, sum of parts is way less than being broken up for parts.

Crystal Palace - hopes high of a top 10 finish, changes in squad suggest big support for the manager

Everton - ok for now, as a business  - but dark shadows still loom. Mid-table.

Fulham - in the doldrums, anything above 17th will do

Ipswich Town - relegation fodder

Leicester City - will struggle and staying is success

Liverpool - good-by Jurgy, hello Arne. Should be top 4

Man City  -  115 charges for financial shenanigans could come home to roost around Christmas.  Big year ahead and likely Pep’s last.

Man Utd - who knows.

Newcastle - should be top 4, or Eddie gets the boot.

Notts Forest - need to nail down 16th place

Southampton - relegation fodder

Tottenham Hotspur - should be top 6, could be better, could be worse

West Ham - good acquisitions - north of 8th is absolute minimum

Wolves - odd fish, hard to call 12th seems sub-par, 8th way over par. 

What do you reckon? 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,003
    CPFC1905 said:

Early heads-up,  football finally returns on Friday 16th.  it’s been so long I can hardly remember how it works.   But as an amuse bouche, here’s your runners and riders for this season.  Time to mortgage the ranch and pile on at the bookmakers.

Arsenal - top 3 for sure, could get it over the line this season after two near misses

Aston Villa - great last season but CL qualification is a big tax, top 6 would be impressive, and they are very unlikely to achieve it. 7-8 for them.

Brentford - losing focus, lower third above the relegation zone 

Brighton - need to re-incarnate after the de Zebra experiment. Will show glimmers of deserving to finish in the top half but will end up at 10-12

Bournemouth - sold talismanic striker, won’t break in to the top half

Chelsea - still all very odd, sum of parts is way less than being broken up for parts. The biggest enigma in a long time.  Could challenge for a CL spot, or could end up in the 12-14 range and nobody would be surprised, except maybe their fans.

Crystal Palace - hopes high of a top 10 finish, changes in squad suggest big support for the manager 12th feels about right

Everton - ok for now, as a business  - but dark shadows still loom. Mid-table.

Fulham - in the doldrums, anything above 17th will do Battles with Nottingham Forest will be vital to survival

Ipswich Town - relegation fodder will be shaved like the hairs in @OviedoGoddess' nether regions

Leicester City - will struggle and staying is success Will continue the journey in which, over about a 10 year period, they and Wrexham essentially switch identities.

Liverpool - good-by Jurgy, hello Arne. Should be top 4 Will come out of the gate strong and challenge for 1st place as players step it up for a new manager when they are unsure of the pecking order, but Arne is not Jurgy and they will fade in the spring, still likely finishing in a CL spot.

Man City  -  115 charges for financial shenanigans could come home to roost around Christmas.  Big year ahead and likely Pep’s last.

Man Utd - who knows. Nobody.  Least of all the Man U management.

Newcastle - should be top 4, or Eddie gets the boot.

Notts Forest - need to nail down 16th place see Fulham

Southampton - relegation fodder will also be shaved to a lower level

Tottenham Hotspur - should be top 6, could be better, could be worse Top 6. Period

West Ham - good acquisitions - north of 8th is absolute minimum

Wolves - odd fish, hard to call 12th seems sub-par, 8th way over par. Another enigma.  1/3 chance they finish above Chelsea, wherever that may be.

What do you reckon? 

Suggested edits are above.  Looking forward to another great season, although as a Man U fan my hopes aren't high.  They saved me from that with their late collapse in the Community Shield match and I appreciate it.  It was the kindest thing they could do for their fans.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    ColbyLang said:
    Damn. You boys are well versed in a multitude of topics
    Just be careful with the almond oil, it can cause the hives with some folk =)
    fukahwee maine

I was surprised to find this on YT but it’s been super helpful!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qNisvyLCd1U
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,056
    Lol
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,944
    Foghorn said:

Suggested edits are above.  Looking forward to another great season, although as a Man U fan my hopes aren't high.  They saved me from that with their late collapse in the Community Shield match and I appreciate it.  It was the kindest thing they could do for their fans.
    I see that I will need to make 'wild guess' disclaimer more obvious each week given your accurate, balanced and objective assessments.   No more 29-17 scoreline and 'I hope they both lose' predictions. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,003
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

I see that I will need to make 'wild guess' disclaimer more obvious each week given your accurate, balanced and objective assessments.   No more 29-17 scoreline and 'I hope they both lose' predictions. 
    "I see that I will need to make 'wild guess' disclaimer more obvious each week given your accurate, balanced and objective assessments."

Nope.  No need for that.  I'm pretty sure that when I suggest an edit to your beautifully crafted trope, I'm wrong about 70% of the time.  And I've never edited "I hope they both lose" or "29-17".  I would never mess with the best parts.  That would be like messing with the bacon in a "bacon wrapped ___insert edible object here___" recipe.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,109

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• JohnInCarolina

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,936
    Saving my bleach for next round of...
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,004
    I find myself waiting for Scottie to weigh in on shaving.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited August 14
    Legume said:
    I find myself waiting for Scottie to weigh in on shaving.
    And, oddly… anus.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,004
    Kind of also waiting for some AI pics, YouTube seems like a bit of cop out.
    Not a felon
  • Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 245
    Botch said:
    found a wasp nest in a railing.....got me in the finger next to the knuckle. that didnt hurt much :o
    I just figured out there's one behind the gas cap cover on my Tacoma (carport here), and trying to figure out the best method to proceed.  
    Best method I have found...

Step one, prop a shop vac up against problem area, with hose as close to entrance point as possible.  Turn shop vac on.

Step two, make some noise.

Step three, leave area.

Step four, repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary.

Step five, spray some insecticide into shop vac hose (while still turned on).

Works great when dealing with nests under decks, inside BBQs, or other close quarter areas.

(Sorry I'm later to the party...just catching up after a little time away).

B
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    Pizza oven
    2 Dogs Back to 3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush