Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,115
    Dremel'd ice scraper into paint scraper for quarter round mouldings

bought a scraper yesterday to scrape grease and grunge out of the nut side of this screw. did a similar mod to match the odd screw. will be measuring the female nut on monday to find out why the new piece doesnt fit

its a giant modified thread similar to a plastic soda bottle thread for extremely high pressure
    The scale of that is hard to imagine.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,189
    Catch and release is an unusual take on why your car insurance is expensive. 
     Crime rates (especially property crimes) impact rates.  Shop prices based on zip codes and you will see a direct impact.

So I gather the baked in assumption here is that more migrants means more crime?

or the fear that the ins companies are selling to increase their rates. never trust an ins agent
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010

bought a scraper yesterday to scrape grease and grunge out of the nut side of this screw. did a similar mod to match the odd screw. will be measuring the female nut on monday to find out why the new piece doesnt fit

its a giant modified thread similar to a plastic soda bottle thread for extremely high pressure
    Wait until you see the size of the Allen wrench for it.  Is Ikea making skyscrapers now?
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,189

imagine one flying a quarter mile and landing several feet under a parking lot when things didnt go well....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,677
    Legume said:

Wait until you see the size of the Allen wrench for it.  Is Ikea making skyscrapers now?
    Do you remember @CTMike talking about torquing bolts on the reactors? That was crazy. 
  • Catch and release is an unusual take on why your car insurance is expensive. 
     Crime rates (especially property crimes) impact rates.  Shop prices based on zip codes and you will see a direct impact.

So I gather the baked in assumption here is that more migrants means more crime?

or the fear that the ins companies are selling to increase their rates. never trust an ins agent
    That’s what I’m saying, she was going on and on about used car parts, and pandemic and nationwide shortages kids are stealing Kia’s this and that and don’t be mad at renewal time she will do the best she can yada yada.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,602

Alternative explanation?
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,602

That’s what I’m saying, she was going on and on about used car parts, and pandemic and nationwide shortages kids are stealing Kia’s this and that and don’t be mad at renewal time she will do the best she can yada yada.
    Ah a KIA? That part is valid Kia’s and Hyundais are some of the easiest to steal. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,995
    Nothing wakes a person up quite as quickly as wheeling out the lawnmower into the morning sun, and seeing a Black Widow on her web in between the handlebars... 😳  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,966
    edited September 5

Alternative explanation?
    Given the large number of studies that have been done on undocumented immigrants that indicate they're not actually more likely to commit crimes than the general population, if Arizona crime rates have in fact risen significantly over the past few years, I suspect there is an alternative or several alternatives, yes.

Sometimes things don't come down to one root cause, but rather a constellation of factors.  But we don't like that as a society, because we always want there to be someone or something to blame.  We never really seem to be all that interested in fixing our problems so much as fixing the blame.  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    kl8ton said:
    @DoubleEgger

You splashed the Cobalt yet?
    Yes sir. They delivered it to us last Friday. We have enjoyed it thus far.  
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Watching it rain in Louisiana. 2.7” since this morning, another 3 projected by Saturday morning 
  • Catch and release is an unusual take on why your car insurance is expensive. 

Ah a KIA? That part is valid Kia’s and Hyundais are some of the easiest to steal. 
     There is no Kia in my stable.  The insurance broker was going on and on about insurance prices going up and the reasons why. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• @JohnInCarolina nobody said anything about immigrants, wtf are you carrying on about?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    @JohnInCarolina nobody said anything about immigrants, wtf are you carrying on about?

• ColbyLang
    I think, honestly, theres a myriad of reasons all of our premiums went up. Natural disasters/fires/personal injury lawyers etc. couple that with the inflation we’re seeing in the construction sector and the cost to rebuild is astonishing. 

My house was over valued easily by 3-400,000 for “replacement cost” by one carrier. The same carrier wanted 3x what my homeowners cost last year. Zero claims in 20 years of owning. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColbyLang said:
    I think, honestly, theres a myriad of reasons all of our premiums went up. Natural disasters/fires/personal injury lawyers etc. couple that with the inflation we’re seeing in the construction sector and the cost to rebuild is astonishing. 

My house was over valued easily by 3-400,000 for “replacement cost” by one carrier. The same carrier wanted 3x what my homeowners cost last year. Zero claims in 20 years of owning. 
    Certainly the case with home insurance.

There were a few stories recently of entire counties (in Iowa, I think) where the companies simply won’t provide any insurance, period.  More and more are pulling out of Florida as well, for obvious reasons.  
  • ColbyLang
    Louisiana as well
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColbyLang said:
    Louisiana as well
    Yep, sorry about that.
  • Botch

There were a few stories recently of entire counties (in Iowa, I think) where the companies simply won’t provide any insurance, period.  More and more are pulling out of Florida as well, for obvious reasons.  
    Marshalltown, IA.  Sucks if you're already a homeowner there, too: you're not covered whatsoever if something happens, nor can you sell your home and leave as the lenders won't cover a buyer if he can't provide proof of insurance, which they now can't.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 5
    ColbyLang said:

A good friend of mine pressure washed, cleaned, and recoated his roof (Santa Fe style).  Insurance dropped him after 22 years of no claims because he couldn’t provide a receipt from a contractor ….. mind you many contractors do **** work and this guy is in the trades himself, but they cancelled his policy.

• DoubleEgger
    Excited for the game tonight but I don’t know if I am ready for another season of Collinsworth. 

• ColbyLang
    Excited for the game tonight but I don’t know if I am ready for another season of Collinsworth. 

He’s by far the worst in the booth. Brees was better than him and Brees was difficult to listen to
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    Botch said:
    Nothing wakes a person up quite as quickly as wheeling out the lawnmower into the morning sun, and seeing a Black Widow on her web in between the handlebars... 😳  
    bringing it back to the question "OT - what are you doing right now?", I guess your answer would be "scheduling the lawn care for later in the day"
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • DoubleEgger
    ColbyLang said:

He’s by far the worst in the booth. Brees was better than him and Brees was difficult to listen to
    NBC should snag Greg Olsen from Fox and replace Collinsworth. 

• Botch
    zaphod said:
    Botch said:
    bringing it back to the question "OT - what are you doing right now?", I guess your answer would be "scheduling the lawn care for later in the day"
    Not quite.  Her web was down on the deck of the mower, where the handlebars are bolted on (I'm actually kinda surprised she actually got up on the deck, they normally have their webs attached directly to the floor and then up on a vertical surface).  Having lived in NM for 5 years and UT for 28 (14 of them crawling into Munitions Igloos) I've had a fair share of run-ins with the damn things.  It just wasn't something I was expecting to see early this morning!  She and her egg sack were lifted off with a broom and "swept" into the grass over my fence (and the broom is still out there, for a couple days).  

• zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    i'd be buying a new broom. that might just be me.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Botch
    zaphod said:
    i'd be buying a new broom. that might just be me.
    Will be pricing them tomorrow; not just you.   ;)  

• ColbyLang
    Wired. Nothing like a cortisone shot to let you take a nap but then wake you up at 1am speeding like a junkie
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:
    Wired. Nothing like a cortisone shot to let you take a nap but then wake you up at 1am speeding like a junkie
    Time to start disassembling and cleaning your production line like a midnight tweaker.