Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 100
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Never seen this use for Olive Oil.

Seinfeld elisode. Kramer used butter to tan on the roof. Newman looking at him like a thanksgiving turkey 
    My wife said it smells like cooked redneck out here.  I gave her a pass because she is from Jackson, MS so she would know.
    Jackson closer to Tennessee than it is the Gulf. North Mississippi. It’s like a whole different state 
    Mississippi is just like Florida. The further North you go the deeper South you are. I worked in Northeast MS a couple of years and Jackson a couple of months. Our agency had to pay people extra to get them to work in the central office in Jackson.
    We say the same thing way up here. The further north you are the farther south get.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,665
    Options
    Just dug into one of the blocks of cheese I smoked on the Large with my shiny new pellet smoker tube, last spring; my first adventure into cold smoking (I also did some mozz and a couple fillets of novalox).  It was just a cheap block of Kraft Mild Cheddar, but it is delicious!  I did notice that the cheese crumbles a bit easier, but I can work around that.  
    I do have a few more blocks in the freezer, but enough to last thru the hot summer?  Not sure.  It was 58º this morning (SO nice that I opened up the house before bed last night) so if I started more at midnight, maybe I could smoke another batch before the heat fully moves in.  Hmmm.  

Forget "partying" like it's 1999; just let me shop like that again.  

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,652
    Options
    Watching Wimbledon tennis. I didn’t know that female tennis players at Wimbledon are now allowed to wear dark colored undershorts.🤔
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,460
    Options
    Someone ratted us out to the Buffalo.  We had a real good discussion going.  Of well, this is a BBQ forum!  I am cooking pulled chicken in a $19 crock pot I got from Wally World last night!  I hope everyone has a great and safe Independence Day!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,323
    edited July 4
    Options
    Someone ratted us out to the Buffalo.  We had a real good discussion going.  Of well, this is a BBQ forum!  I am cooking pulled chicken in a $19 crock pot I got from Wally World last night!  I hope everyone has a great and safe Independence Day!
    Some time ago someone here ( @Botch I think) made the observation that the Buffalo has arranged an area (the OT section) where just about anything can be posted and is left alone, and that perhaps we should appreciate that and not do things to jeopardize it.  

I was perturbed by Botch’s comment at the time because it was in response to a thread I had started, but with time I’ve come to appreciate that he was right.  Take it for what it’s worth.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,432
    Options
    Snitches get stitches, or something like that. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,431
    Options
    Snitches get stitches, or something like that. 
    Umm? Don’t you use snitches? 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,900
    Options
    Lamenting the fact that Joey Chestnut is not gonna be participating at the July 4th Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest.  So I leave you with the following to discuss around the gatherings today:
    "What colour (nod) is a hot dog? 🇺🇸 🌭
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Lamenting the fact that Joey Chestnut is not gonna be participating at the July 4th Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest.  So I leave you with the following to discuss around the gatherings today:
    "What colour (nod) is a hot dog? 🇺🇸 🌭
    He is sponsored by a fake meat company.  He is a communist and shouldn’t be allowed in the hallowed halls of US eating competitions.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,831
    Options
    Nobody goes to the OT forum. Shocker!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    Options
    He is gonna make big $$ on September 2nd when he squares off with Kobayashi.  
    Too bad that sponsorship happened earlier this year and not after today.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    With that insight, I can stop the OT news thread war related postings that I have been teeing up ever since Russia invaded Ukraine some 850+ days ago.  🇺🇸
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,323
    edited July 4
    Options
    It’s certainly not for the weak minded.  It is also hard for some to find.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Just trying to streamline the challenge. 
    https://eggheadforum.com/categories/off-topic 
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 100
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    What I just did-Delivered the below chix quarters to the local small staffed firehouse.  (cooked on a drum smoker so no BGE points. )

Caribbean Jerk on the left and chipotle mustard q sauce based on the right:

Happy Birthday USA-🇺🇸
    @lousubcap not only do those look amazing that is an extremely kind gesture. I’m sure they were appreciative. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,722
    Options
    @lousubcap are they hiring  ;) Beautiful chix.
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,432
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    112 today so I thought it would be a brilliant idea to tend fire and feed the neighbors 

You are in the same boat as us. I wish I was your neighbor. 

Sounds like we might hit 120 early next week. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,941
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    112 today so I thought it would be a brilliant idea to tend fire and feed the neighbors 

You are in the same boat as us. I wish I was your neighbor. 

Sounds like we might hit 120 early next week. 
    We were just there , wanted to message you but our plans got wonky with Kamala Harris there Friday and air space issues , had to flop our plans last minute 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,420
    Options
    lkapigian said:

Man, wish I was your neighbor. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    115 in Tucson today.  122 in Phoenix.  Thankfully I am in Panama Beach City, only 88 today.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,420
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac hit up The Sandbar in PCB and try commander Dave’s shrimp. It’s not a clean place and it smells funny but that’s a damn good dish!!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Finally got my nerves calmed down.  One of my sons friends who came with us went missing.  He had been in the water for a few hours and last we had seen him was about 40 min earlier.  Spent next 30 minutes with 3 of us going up and down the beach looking.  Was talking to lifeguards and giving photos and descriptions when my son finally found him.

My kids know to check in every 30 minutes or so when in the ocean if alone.  Didn’t even dawn on me to mention it to their friends.

A bunch of quick drinks have my hands not shaking.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Ozzie I’m sure you all were freaked out, glad it turned out to be nothing. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Ozzie I’m sure you all were freaked out, glad it turned out to be nothing. 
    Been a minute since I felt that way.   Lifeguards were super cool though.  They said man you did the right thing.  Even at 19 they still drown and if last place you saw them was the water we are who you need to talk to.

• eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 497
    Options
    Egging a spackcock chicken.  Yum.  Happy 4th all.
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie. Â