Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,418
    Options
    The good ol’ Redneck Riviera. Enjoy! 
    Yes, sir!  My kind a people!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Smoking bacon, coffee by the fire!!
    Fire pit on wood deck next to all the stacked wood!  I love it!  Cool area.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • 4littleeggs
    4littleeggs Posts: 89
    Options
    Thanks really like the fire pit in the deck with the wood that close!
    It's the cow that drives the meat!!

XL Egg, Mini Max, Mini,  17" Blackstone 
    Wi
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Watching people who were just swimming hide under collapsing tents as a squall blows through.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

They are losing the battle.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Old school shade for the win.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,421
    Options
    Any Sharknados?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 30
    Options
    Any Sharknados?
    Not yet, but the day is young.

Tell you what though, doing some maths while I wait the storm out,  I wish I owned a beach chair and umbrella rental company.  Doing very rough numbers and being conservative it nets around $1.5M/year for 200 sets (2 loungers and 1 umbrella).  Not counting for the beach front lease portion, so would like to own some beach front too.

This is based on a ballpark of $4.4M potential gross.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,477
    Options
    ... The redneck Riviera!  

🤣
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • CP92
    CP92 Posts: 342
    Options
    Ozzie_IsaaPanama Beach City, Florida …. Visiting family and enjoying some downtime.

SOOOO many memories of PCB. I grew up in lower Alabama and PCB was my stomping ground during the summer once I reached 16 until I joined the Navy at 21. It set the standard for "beach" for every other beach I've gone to in the US. Imagine my reaction to the Outer Banks...

Chris
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • CP92
    CP92 Posts: 342
    edited June 30
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Perdido Key, FL

A trip to the FloraBama in order while you're there? Think they still do Mullet Tosses on Sunday's. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,408
    Options

I have one of those, it’s a learning curve for sure. Digging holes and burying the sand bags helps a lot.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Dobie said:

I have one of those, it’s a learning curve for sure. Digging holes and burying the sand bags helps a lot.
    I watched two guys setting up one.  They didn’t tie the end caps and the opposite leg kept falling out. I watched them set the four legs up about 47 times.  Took them 25 minutes and the bags were already full of sand.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    7 people have drowned on this beach in 2024, 5 in last 4 days.  Double red flags up, warnings sent to all cellphones, and parents still taking their little kids in.  I can see a big and a small rip current from my balcony.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,658
    edited June 30
    Options
    I spent a week just up the coast, at Ft Walton Beach, with what's-her-name, her son and his friend, and her family the second half of the week (also done many a TDY to Eglin AFB over the years).  Beautiful area to visit, but wouldn't want to live there anymore, with the changing climate.  

When people talk about traveling to the past, they worry about radically changing the present by doing something small, but barely anyone in the present really thinks that they can radically change the future by doing something small. 

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,571
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    My FIL just had one of these installed, it’s funky looking.
    Pretty happy with those , We are a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer and that model is one of my new favorites, can be installed Ducted or Ductless . Also has the High Heat option which eliminates ( in most cases ) the need for back up heat whether it name gas or electric 
    I have two of those and a small one for my upstairs bedroom over the garage

I love the dehumidifier option
    75 actually feels like 70

been rolling just fine through the Georgia heat wave 

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Round Two:

Amazing. Seen them before and would happily do it again. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones opened, and they collaborated on a rendition of #41 that was probably 20+ minutes long. A coworker knew that I attended and surprised me with a bootlegged copy of the concert recording on CD. Thinking back, that was an amazingly thoughtful gift. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,819
    Options
    Puff puff pass @WeberWho
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,658
    Options
    GrateEggspectations said:...
    Bela Fleck and the Flecktones opened, and they collaborated on a rendition of #41 that was probably 20+ minutes long. 
    Been a big fan of both for many years.  Have several DMB concerts on DVD/Bluray, but actually got to see the Flecktones at an outside show here.  Monstrous thunder/lightning storms on three sides for the second half, but no rain/wind where the show was.  I'll remember that one the rest of my life.  

When people talk about traveling to the past, they worry about radically changing the present by doing something small, but barely anyone in the present really thinks that they can radically change the future by doing something small. 

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,535
    edited July 1
    Options
    Botch said:
    GrateEggspectations said:...
    Bela Fleck and the Flecktones opened, and they collaborated on a rendition of #41 that was probably 20+ minutes long. 
    Been a big fan of both for many years.  Have several DMB concerts on DVD/Bluray, but actually got to see the Flecktones at an outside show here.  Monstrous thunder/lightning storms on three sides for the second half, but no rain/wind where the show was.  I'll remember that one the rest of my life.  
    Sounds like a dream concert to me. Exactly why you remember it so well. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,730
    Options
    Love the new signature @Botch
    Not a felon
  • Legume
    edited July 1
    Options
    For you DMB fans, Dave joined Dead & Co last summer on the last night at Folsom Field in Boulder, July 3.  He walked on for the last four songs, good stuff.

https://open.spotify.com/album/3LsXJ5KjcPWjZpDSTVYmaR?si=YTyfz27bSBKPN10f0CFOrg

He joins at All Along the Watchtower.
    Not a felon
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,426
    edited July 1
    Options
    Legume said:
    For you DMB fans, Dave joined Dead & Co last summer on the last night at Folsom Field in Boulder, July 3.  He walked on for the last four songs, good stuff.

https://open.spotify.com/album/3LsXJ5KjcPWjZpDSTVYmaR?si=YTyfz27bSBKPN10f0CFOrg

He joins at All Along the Watchtower.
    I’m going to watch the link. Dead & Co have a residency here at The Sphere that I have been trying to get for OT. So far I’ve not been lucky on our lottery. Here is a link from one of the shows. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    edited July 1
    Options
    The link I posted is just Spotify.

We saw the sphere show on June 15, great venue, sound quality is incredible.
    Not a felon
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,746
    Options
    CP92 said:
    shtgunal3 said:

Perdido Key, FL

A trip to the FloraBama in order while you're there? Think they still do Mullet Tosses on Sunday's. 
    Family trip with the grandbaby. Not sure I’ll make it to the FloraBama. We do have an 8 hour offshore fishing trip planned for Tuesday for me and the boys.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,421
    Options
    Just found out that my nephew will be adding a son to the daughter that was born last October. I never heard of a gender reveal by driving a golf ball before.