Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,369
    Options
    Happy Canada Day to our GWN eggers. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,648
    Options
    @fishlessman. You have an amazing and spectacular camp!!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • 4littleeggs
    4littleeggs Posts: 89
    Options
    put up a new umbrella at the camp, extended the table off the deck for some bar chairs maybe next week

Camp sure looks nice!  The famous sweating egg looks mighty clean too!
    Love that umbrella!!
    It's the cow that drives the meat!!

XL Egg, Mini Max, Mini,  17" Blackstone 
    Wi
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 33
    Options
    how do those tripl-ellas handle the wind? Seems likely for a Mary Poppins moment...
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,988
    Options
    zaphod said:
    how do those tripl-ellas handle the wind? Seems likely for a Mary Poppins moment...

its attached to the table, screwed down to the deck, and the table is screwed down as well. will be keeping an eye on it though and collapsing it at night and when im not around. its pretty protected from heavy winds, a hundred foot high bank on the other side of the river and its tucked under the roof over hang. not to worried about it. it was also under 200 delivered for it during a closeout sale
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 33
    Options
    ah, so the whole deck goes with it when it goes. fair enough :)

~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 93
    Options
    Following Hurricane Beryl and placing an order for a Conecah sausage assortment. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,662
    Options
    zaphod said:

If I had a subscription to an AI image generator, I could have so much fun with this!  

When people talk about traveling to the past, they worry about radically changing the present by doing something small, but barely anyone in the present really thinks that they can radically change the future by doing something small. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,937
    Options
    Jamming with my daughter. Loud in here. 

Very Cool !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,562
    Options
    Only 85% humidity currently in hell, I mean Louisiana. Add a bakery into that mix and I’m already sweating my ass off
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,418
    Options
    Watching momma and fawn explore. In years past we’ve had momma hide her fawn(s) in a tall weed/grass patch near that shed. I’ve intentionally left that area unmowed JIC

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    Options
    Botch said:
    zaphod said:

If I had a subscription to an AI image generator, I could have so much fun with this!  

i would hope to be sitting on it when this happens =)
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,449
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Only 85% humidity currently in hell, I mean Louisiana. Add a bakery into that mix and I’m already sweating my ass off
    Bakery question, my wife swears that the French bread in New Orleans is so special light and fluffy because of the elevation.  I agree in the fact I have never had any better French bread anywhere else.  Just curious if it is the style or it really cannot be replicated elsewhere?
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,426
    Options
    I have been watching Hurricane Beryl’s progress. It looks like central Texas is going to get https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2024/hurricane-beryl?map=model

Wet.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,369
    Options
    I have been watching Hurricane Beryl’s progress. It looks like central Texas is going to get https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2024/hurricane-beryl?map=model

Wet.
    I wish it would take a hard right and head for Georgia. I haven’t had any rain in weeks. 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Bakery question, my wife swears that the French bread in New Orleans is so special light and fluffy because of the elevation.  I agree in the fact I have never had any better French bread anywhere else.  Just curious if it is the style or it really cannot be replicated elsewhere?
    I replicate it (or do it better) 2 hours away. That comment may be biased. Funny thing is the Ph in the water has a lot to do with taste and texture. It’s also the process. The biggest and best French bread bakery in NOLA is my number one competitor. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I replicate it (or do it better) 2 hours away. That comment may be biased. Funny thing is the Ph in the water has a lot to do with taste and texture. It’s also the process. The biggest and best French bread bakery in NOLA is my number one competitor. 
    Do you have an online store front for consumers, or strictly a supplier to businesses?  We order Reisings usually around Christmas to go with some homemade gumbo.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,828
    Options
    Bros asking for the colonel’s secret recipe.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Do you have an online store front for consumers, or strictly a supplier to businesses?  We order Reisings usually around Christmas to go with some homemade gumbo.
    Contact us link on our website. My ugly mug is on there. www.neworleansfrenchbread.com

we can easily ship you a case
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Contact us link on our website. My ugly mug is on there. www.neworleansfrenchbread.com

we can easily ship you a case
    Nice!  Will be reaching out when I am back home.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,418
    Options
    Still at work. Had to update some things off hours. Watching people spend hundreds at the popup fireworks store across the street. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 93
    Options
    Watching Armageddon. Apparently it’s easier to train oil drillers to be astronauts than it is to do the opposite. TBH I think that’s probably true, except the flying a rocket part. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,828
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Still at work. Had to update some things off hours. Watching people spend hundreds at the popup fireworks store across the street. 
    Thousands, tens of thousands.  There is one up the road from us and they said people spend 5-10k maxing all their credit cards. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Thousands, tens of thousands.  There is one up the road from us and they said people spend 5-10k maxing all their credit cards. 
    Built my own cannon, people bring powder. It's really loud with a half cup powder....😆 Town shoots the works over the house in a few weeks anyways
    fukahwee maine