Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,182
    Options
    We're partial to Chinese Sky Lanterns instead of pyrotechnics and boom-boom stuff.  Unfortunately they were outlawed here a few years back.  So Missouri gets our $$ for the 4th instead of Nebraska.  About $3. a balloon now, still a bargain.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,432
    Options
    Watching Armageddon. Apparently it’s easier to train oil drillers to be astronauts than it is to do the opposite. TBH I think that’s probably true, except the flying a rocket part. 

TBH, it’s all probably automated now. Oil Drillers can’t be automated with the variables. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,460
    edited July 3
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Still at work. Had to update some things off hours. Watching people spend hundreds at the popup fireworks store across the street. 
    Thousands, tens of thousands.  There is one up the road from us and they said people spend 5-10k maxing all their credit cards. 

Watching Armageddon. Apparently it’s easier to train oil drillers to be astronauts than it is to do the opposite. TBH I think that’s probably true, except the flying a rocket part. 

Wonder if it is for personal use or they bring them to another state and resell them?  Our old neighborhood would pool money and send one person to Missouri to buy a bunch.  Then we would have a neighborhood show.  Cops would come and watch.  They would say “we got a complaint, but I don’t see anything here”.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,432
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Still at work. Had to update some things off hours. Watching people spend hundreds at the popup fireworks store across the street. 
    Thousands, tens of thousands.  There is one up the road from us and they said people spend 5-10k maxing all their credit cards. 

Wonder if it is for personal use or they bring them to another state and resell them?  Our old neighborhood would pool money and send one person to Missouri to buy a bunch.  Then we would have a neighborhood show.  Cops would come and watch.  They would say “we got a complaint, but I don’t see anything here”.
    Our department is “cracking down” on illegal fireworks. They are offering OT for fireworks enforcement. I’m not doing that non-sense, it would be like “Don’t do that anymore“. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,384
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Ate that big Reaper on 1 soft taco and the heat was high but hadn’t built up yet, added the rest to a plate of nachos 🥵🫠

Apparently I hate myself more than I thought 

Hot snakes are in your future. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,420
    Options
    C’mon on ice cream.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Dobie
    Options
    I wouldn’t eat this in public, my wife is privy to watching my face melt off at dinner.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 3
    Options
    Dobie said:
    I wouldn’t eat this in public, my wife is privy to watching my face melt off at dinner.
    I found the sauce online.  They say it is 1M scoville (not sure I buy that.  Carolina Reapers seem to hit harder, peak much higher and last longer.) It tasted surprisingly good, and starter pretty mellow but built up over about 10 minutes then slowly faded over another 15 minutes.  I didn’t have any water or anything so just got to enjoy the rush while shopping with the wife and kiddos.  I might actually go back and buy a bottle.

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,322
    Options
    Dobie said:
    I found the sauce online.  They say it is 1M scoville (not sure I buy that.  Carolina Reapers seem to hit harder, peak much higher and last longer.) It tasted surprisingly good, and starter pretty mellow but built up over about 10 minutes then slowly faded over another 15 minutes.  I didn’t have any water or anything so just got to enjoy the rush while shopping with the wife and kiddos.  I might actually go back and buy a bottle.

As impressive as all of this is, I still advise you against ordering the “Thai hot” level spicy at your local joint.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Dobie said:

As impressive as all of this is, I still advise you against ordering the “Thai hot” level spicy at your local joint.  
    I am not crazy!  I had Indian food made family style once.  I thought I was going to die.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,379
    Options
    Sitting at home on my computer working for the 5th night in a row.  I am really thinking I need to update my resume.  This is getting old.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,431
    Options
    Dobie said:

Earlier in the weekend I ordered Panang curry. I told them one notch less than Thai Hot. I must be getting old.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Sitting at home on my computer working for the 5th night in a row.  I am really thinking I need to update my resume.  This is getting old.  
    Uugghh, that sucks.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,989
    Options
    Dobie said:

I am not crazy!  I had Indian food made family style once.  I thought I was going to die.
    i believe an indian family tried to kill me once back in my college days with rice....i probably could eat that now but back then i was way under prepared :o yikes was that hot. have no idea what that pepper was but they were cooked whole. it was my roommates  family at the time, everything his mom served was good except for the evil rice

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Dobie
    Options
    Dobie said:

Execute your taste buds 😆

Last nights taco sauce was Cholula just as a flavor adder, no additional heat needed. 
    Typically add Melinda’s ghost pepper or Yellow Birds habanero sauce when just using chopped habaneros but going full nuclear with reapers I was scared to I might OD ☠️

Jacksonville FL
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,562
    Options
    Sweating like I ate hot sauce
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Dobie said:

Execute your taste buds 😆

Last nights taco sauce was Cholula just as a flavor adder, no additional heat needed. 
    Typically add Melinda’s ghost pepper or Yellow Birds habanero sauce when just using chopped habaneros but going full nuclear with reapers I was scared to I might OD ☠️

Chopped reapers!  Bet those tacos were amazing.  I haven’t ever used them chopped in anything.  Might have to try that.

Melindas is such a great sauce.  Never tried the Yellow Bird Habanero .  I do like their Siracha.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Pre holiday clean burn on the XL. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Come on mang, remove that beautiful thermometer before you whack that full tilt.  I love that thermo so much I actually put it away when not in use.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Enjoying Mother Nature with 100,000 of my closest compatriots.

• Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 100
    Options

Come on mang, remove that beautiful thermometer before you whack that full tilt.  I love that thermo so much I actually put it away when not in use.
    I’m so jealous of that thermometer. I missed when it was in stock and now it feels like it’ll never come back. Here’s to hoping it will since it’s still on the website!
  • DoubleEgger
    Options

I peaked it at around 650F. It should be able to handle that without issue.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Never seen this use for Olive Oil.

• ColbyLang
    Options

Seinfeld elisode. Kramer used butter to tan on the roof. Newman looking at him like a thanksgiving turkey 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Enjoying Mother Nature with 100,000 of my closest compatriots.

Beach in October cannot be beat. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Seinfeld elisode. Kramer used butter to tan on the roof. Newman looking at him like a thanksgiving turkey 
    My wife said it smells like cooked redneck out here.  I gave her a pass because she is from Jackson, MS so she would know.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

My wife said it smells like cooked redneck out here.  I gave her a pass because she is from Jackson, MS so she would know.
    Jackson closer to Tennessee than it is the Gulf. North Mississippi. It’s like a whole different state 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,431
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Jackson closer to Tennessee than it is the Gulf. North Mississippi. It’s like a whole different state 
    Mississippi is just like Florida. The further North you go the deeper South you are. I worked in Northeast MS a couple of years and Jackson a couple of months. Our agency had to pay people extra to get them to work in the central office in Jackson.